PDA

View Full Version : just a reminder

EarthDragon
03-25-2011, 08:21 PM
just a reminder tha the great lakes kung fu championships are in a 2 weeks................ make your plans now.

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=115356385199346

mooyingmantis
04-10-2011, 01:41 PM
My son, Logan, had the privilege of attending Shifu Haley's seminar Eight Step Praying Mantis Kung Fu: Fundamentals of Joint Locking and Throwing Techniques while me and my old back watched from the sidelines.

The seminar was excellent!

Mike had brought several of his students with him to help those who attended the seminar. Logan commented positively on how polite and patient each was as they worked with him.

Shifu Haley taught the following techniques:

Chin-na
Controlling the General's Head (thumb lock)
Holding the Basket (wrist lock)
Monkey Sits on Temple (elbow lock)
Eagle Swoops Behind (shoulder lock)
Beggar Looks to Heaven (neck lock)

Shuai Jiao
Bung Tiao
So Bei
Xuen Bu Ti

Shirfu Haley has a fun, fast-paced method of teaching that helped the attendees to pick up the techniques quickly and thoroughly while enjoying the hour and a half of training.

EarthDragon
04-11-2011, 07:17 PM
thank you Richard, for the kind post. I really enjoyed meeting you and your son, your teaching was well inforamed as well, my students really like the combos you taught. very kwel in deed.
Wish ther were more forum members that attended, you must walk the walk if you talk the talk right? LOL

I will be posting my seminar on you tube and will share the link if anyone is interesed in watching it.

sho'nuff
04-12-2011, 03:05 PM
Yes please post the youtube link sifu. I hate that I couldn't be there with you guys.

EarthDragon
04-13-2011, 05:24 AM
you missed a great time. cleveland rox

sho'nuff
04-13-2011, 12:48 PM
The guyhs told me all about it last nite. I won't miss the next one.

mooyingmantis
04-13-2011, 02:48 PM
you missed a great time. cleveland rox

Next time you are our direction, check out the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland or the Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio.