PDA

View Full Version : just starting out again

Jaybo
03-26-2011, 01:47 PM
Hi guys

I have been hanging round this forum for a week or 2. Thought it was high time I posted. I live in the UK. I used to to train under the crca, randy williams system about 10 years ago until the club closed down. I have recently started training again under the same system. I have only been at It a few weeks but am really enjoying it again.

Because I have only ever known that system, I find it odd but interesting how other lineges have different spellings of everything and the forms are different even though the majority come from yip man. Randy says his first instructor was a guy called George yau, nothing is known about his linege. My curiosity led me to this forum.

Anyway, I am babbling.

Jay

ShortBridge
03-26-2011, 05:41 PM
Congrats on restarting.

k gledhill
03-26-2011, 07:50 PM
I met Randy briefly in London when he visited my old Sifu V kan. Dont think much of the book series.

Jaybo
03-27-2011, 01:54 AM
HIs first series of 6 books are very good. Not seen the later ones. But as mentioned, I have know knowledge of any other system.

LoneTiger108
03-28-2011, 07:46 AM
Good to see a returner to Wing Chun. Whatever family or lineage you belong, the UK welcomes all! ;)

Jaybo
03-28-2011, 10:12 AM
Good to see a returner to Wing Chun. Whatever family or lineage you belong, the UK welcomes all! ;)

Thanks. Its good to be back. Wish I hadn't of left it so long