View Full Version : ABMVT Documentary Trailer

sihing
03-29-2011, 02:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_euVrjyso54

Enjoy,

James

Sean66
03-29-2011, 02:48 AM
Very cool. Looks like great training to me!

Thanks for posting!

Sean

LoneTiger108
03-29-2011, 06:04 AM
Nice showreel. You like the old B&W don't you?! Looks very slick and decent bit of editing.

Looking forward to seeing more from the city of Angels...

k gledhill
03-29-2011, 06:40 AM
Nice ,very similar to our stuff...I have met G Lam students.

sihing
03-29-2011, 12:12 PM
Nice showreel. You like the old B&W don't you?! Looks very slick and decent bit of editing.

Looking forward to seeing more from the city of Angels...

So there's no confusion, that's not me in the video, nor did I produce it. My coach Ernie produced it, and is the one training his crew in LA. www.abmvt.com.

James

sihing
03-29-2011, 12:16 PM

Ernie doesn't teach GLam stuff anymore, he left his school a few years ago. His VT is a hybrid of WSLVT(influenced by David P and Philipp) and his own genius/method.

James

sanjuro_ronin
03-29-2011, 12:44 PM
Remind the guy doing the rear guard NOT to cross his feet ;)

Good stuff.

sihing
03-29-2011, 01:20 PM

Good stuff.

Will do, will be seeing him later this week.

J

k gledhill
03-29-2011, 06:09 PM
Ernie doesn't teach GLam stuff anymore, he left his school a few years ago. His VT is a hybrid of WSLVT(influenced by David P and Philipp) and his own genius/method.

James

cool.............

Buddha_Fist
03-29-2011, 10:34 PM

I assume you mean Kyriakos?

k gledhill
03-30-2011, 04:37 AM
I assume you mean Kyriakos?

Yeah, and Dave phelps(?) came to class in nyc too.

Violent Designs
03-31-2011, 03:30 PM

James

Isn't Gary Lam's WC = Wong Shen Leung's WC?

Phil Redmond
03-31-2011, 06:39 PM
Isn't Gary Lam's WC = Wong Shen Leung's WC?
Everyone should have their own take on what they learn. Like two guitar players who learn from the same teacher but play differently. It doesn't matter as long as their music sounds good to the ear, is in tune, and in time. WC teaches improv, like in Jazz. No two Jazz Trumpet players sound the same yet there are many greats.

Sean66
03-31-2011, 10:23 PM
That's a great analogy, Phil!

sihing
04-12-2011, 02:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZQP3ig3seI , second trailer to documentary.

James

JamesC
04-12-2011, 03:02 PM

Good stuff.

Hah, no joke Ronin!

One of the instructors at my old school was a big time harimau silat guy and he used to LOVE when new people did that. He really enjoyed his figure-four locks. *******...:eek:

JamesC
04-12-2011, 03:03 PM
Also, about the video, it was one of the best i've seen in terms of effective training. Very similar to a lot of my boxing/muay thai training.

Granted I don't watch them very often.

k gledhill
04-12-2011, 03:09 PM
Nice I saw some other clips Ernie has out , looks good.

LoneTiger108
04-13-2011, 01:57 AM
So there's no confusion, that's not me in the video, nor did I produce it. My coach Ernie produced it, and is the one training his crew in LA. www.abmvt.com.

James

Thanks James. You have trained in LA with Ernie though I presume?

I ilke the pad work too, something very familiar to me fme in Wing Chun as we used them alot but looks like Ernie has come up with his own methods, maybe from his boxing days?

Love the slick editing and intros. Looks like quite a bunch of characters he has there in LA!

Sean66
04-13-2011, 05:02 AM
"Clutch"....gotta love it!

Definitely some wing chun hipsters!

sanjuro_ronin
04-13-2011, 05:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZQP3ig3seI , second trailer to documentary.

James

WTF is with the "AKA" stuff ??

Ernie
04-13-2011, 08:44 AM
WTF is with the "AKA" stuff ??

You should know by now I love to clown ! ,, most of these dudes are artist or musicians so they have old school nicknames so I thought I would mess with them .
just like me on the ground just busting balls and having fun

been ages since i had time to drop in but hope you guys are all doing well kicking tail and most of all enjoying the ride
thanks for peeping out the vid ..
E.:cool:

sihing
04-13-2011, 11:23 AM
Thanks James. You have trained in LA with Ernie though I presume?I ilke the pad work too, something very familiar to me fme in Wing Chun as we used them alot but looks like Ernie has come up with his own methods, maybe from his boxing days?

Love the slick editing and intros. Looks like quite a bunch of characters he has there in LA!

Yes, that is right, was just down there a week 1/2 ago.

James

sanjuro_ronin
04-13-2011, 12:34 PM
You should know by now I love to clown ! ,, most of these dudes are artist or musicians so they have old school nicknames so I thought I would mess with them .
just like me on the ground just busting balls and having fun

been ages since i had time to drop in but hope you guys are all doing well kicking tail and most of all enjoying the ride
thanks for peeping out the vid ..
E.:cool:

Sweet:D
It was almost a "dog brother" moment ;)