PDA

View Full Version : Shootfighting at Inosanto academy? (Dragonzrage?)

Mr. Nemo
09-07-2001, 01:26 AM
Was it you that trained at Inosanto's academy, shootfighting with erik paulson (or a student of his)? I looked at the website and shoot wasn't mentioned, has the class moved?

I know someone on here had info on this. Thanks in advance.

DragonzRage
09-07-2001, 05:03 AM
hmmm...what website were you looking at? I didnt even know that the Inosanto Academy had a website currently. But yeah, I train over there. Yes, there is a Shoot program. Sensei Nakamura who taught Erik Paulsen Shooto is the president of Shooto USA and has been teaching out of the academy for a long time (he is also a JKD instructor under Guro Inosanto). He is the head of the Shooto stuff, and he is here to stay. Erik on the other hand may be another story. He too has been teaching at the Inosanto Academy for a long time but I have a feeling that he may leave soon in order to establish his own fighting gym. But yes he is currently teaching several times a week over here (sometimes he is gone for seminars and stuff). But whereas Sensei Nakamura teaches a pure Shoot Wrestling curriculum, Erik pretty much teaches his own method of freestyle submission fighting. I don't know what else you want to know beyond this, but I'll tell you whatever I can.

Mr. Nemo
09-07-2001, 05:30 AM
Thanks, I just found the website on the internet by searching on altavista, I can't find the address right now. Could you just let me know how to contact the academy and find out class times and such?

DragonzRage
09-07-2001, 10:19 PM
the phone number is 310 348 9944, email is bbiama@aol.com.

There is a beginner's Shoot class on wednesday nights, i believe. Other Shoot classes are on friday, Saturdays and a few others i'm not sure. Monday is Erik Paulsen's vale tudo sessions and tuesday morning is his grappling class. Bjj monday and wednesday nights. I'll probably be around if you ever go down there on mondays, wednesdays or saturdays. If the scheduling or anything else doesn't work for you, there are a bunch of other great schools around the L.A. area as well.

jimmy23
09-08-2001, 12:27 AM
this thread should be moved, its not kung fu related

"You guys have obviously never done any real fighting if you are mocking spitting"
Spinning Backfist

Mr. Nemo
09-08-2001, 08:14 AM
Thanks alot, Jimmy23. I spent all day trying to find this thread because of your dumb a$$. It's down here in the outback with the dingos and the dust devils. A plague of locusts on biloxi, MS.

Thanks, dragonzrage. I'm looking at both Inosanto's and chris brennan's school (nextgen) but Brennan's all the way down in Irvine and his classes are at inconvenient times for me.