PDA

View Full Version : TKD guy VS. Muay Thai guy clip

Daelomin
09-07-2001, 12:23 PM
http://www.muaythai.fi/assets/videot/mastercup.mpg

Good, better, Me
09-07-2001, 02:15 PM
Heh, that TKD guy looks like ITF artist but anyway. I'm sure that the same fate would happen to any other arts :p Thai boxers are brutal and dangerous, it's truly a fighting art. Taekwondo is more like a demonstraion art :D
Anyway, I still like TKD more...

"The students will eventually become like the teacher, so pick a good teacher :)"

SifuAbel
09-07-2001, 07:01 PM
It's funny how people proudly display clips of matches that are hopelessly mismatched. The TKD guy looked amateurish at best. I've seen better from both camps. Nobody ever seems to post clips of thethe close fights.

Its dangerous to think you are immortal.
sifuabel@yahoo.com

jimmy23
09-08-2001, 04:39 AM
Where are all these close fights then? Find us some please, I am interested.

The TKD looked ok, until he got nailed in the leg. THats what funny about fighting Abel, all the theory goes out the window when you get hurt. THats why MMA guys generally clean the floor with traditionalists, because they dont freeze up when hurt, and more importantly, they know which attacks do real damage and spend time learning to nullify them, while ignoring atacks that in real life dont do a whole lot.

"You guys have obviously never done any real fighting if you are mocking spitting"
Spinning Backfist

SifuAbel
09-08-2001, 04:55 AM
That is a biased non-issue. The TDK guy out and out sucked. Traditional guys with good skill are a'plenty. If you want to pursue this media driven illusion that "traditionalists"(whatever the heck that really means) don't train with pain, you are sadly mistaken. My teacher regularly beat us like red headed step children. I've spend more nights in pain then you've been alive. We thoroughly wiped the floor with each other on a regular basis. I'm yelling at the wall. You are no better than rolls. Talk about an abject waste of time. Then again, you can't be blamed. You're just repeating what your elders tell you to think.

As far as the close fights; thats the point, nobody saves film of them almost losing.

sifuabel@yahoo.com

jimmy23
09-08-2001, 05:06 AM
none of the traditionalists save film of themselves winning? Wow, I find that hard to believe. MMa guys save all their films, at least all the ones I know do, seeing ones mistakes and the other guys strengths are a great way to learn.

And your teacher beating you is why youre wrong. Taking a beating while standing in a horse stance may be great for the character, but it teaches you nothing about which blows are most effective in a combat situation and how to handle the system shock of a damaging shot while still functioning in the fight.

I have no elders in martial arts, and my opinions are based on my experience. Ive seen plenty of "tough" guys that "trained with pain" get destroyed by MMA guys who were adequete at best.

"You guys have obviously never done any real fighting if you are mocking spitting"
Spinning Backfist

SifuAbel
09-08-2001, 05:23 AM
"I have no elders in martial arts"

What? You taught yourself? OH boy another rolls!

sifuabel@yahoo.com

jimmy23
09-08-2001, 05:34 AM
learning from someone doesnt make him my "elder" , it makes him someone I learned from.

Ive had many teachers, many training partners. Ive found that seeing someone as an "elder" or some other such nonsense leads one to not question the teaching. THis is a bad thing, once youve been training for awhile, as we all have to develop our own art at a personal level. No one has all the answers, so to take in all that a man says unskeptically can lead to repeating the mistakes that man made.

I like how you attack me rather than address my previous statement. Shows that maybe youre not as confident in your position as you would like to think, and cant coherently respond .

Now comes your famous post "you dont know me or what I can do!", I can smell it!

Spinning Backfist

SifuAbel
09-08-2001, 05:59 AM
Whether you admit it or not you have the opinions and mind set of those you respect. THEY are your elders. You DO repeat what they say regardless of what you think is your own opinion. You have no idea what goes on in the places where you cannot see. Yours is truely a flat earth. You don't even see the ships that dip under the horizon. To you, they are just falling off the egde. If your world were any smaller it would fit in a box. Oh wait it does, its called a TV.

sifuabel@yahoo.com

Mr. Nemo
09-08-2001, 08:09 AM
"Taking a beating while standing in a horse stance may be great for the character, but it teaches you nothing about which blows are most effective in a combat situation and how to handle the system shock of a damaging shot while still functioning in the fight."

Man, we don't do that. Don't just assume from abel's statement that what you describe is kung fu training.

SifuAbel
09-08-2001, 09:03 AM
I don't know what jimmy is tripping on. I think he's seen too many movies and not enough kung fu schools. To cleaup the misquote. I was talking about live fighting, everyday. We didn't do the f@g tag game. Miami is a tough town, we didn't have the luxury of training "nice". We may or may not be typical, but we kick a$$. We did it "NHB" before the term was even coined. So you will understand that from my point of view, to say kung fu guys are all a bunch of posers is a call to arms. Your not going to generalize about us from the little you've seen on Pay per view without getting a few comments from those of us that have trained for real.

BTW what does "we wiped the floor with each other on a daily basis" mean in your language?
sifuabel@yahoo.com

jimmy23
09-08-2001, 10:39 AM
"You DO repeat what they say regardless of what you think is your own opinion"

hehe, what liberal psychobabble is this? Do you know anyone Ive trained under , and what their opinions are? If not, then how do you know if I agree with them or not?

"Oh wait it does, its called a TV"

odd, I dont have cable or satellite, and use my TV only for rented videos.

Again, you dont respond to my post, you insult instead. A sure sign of one who cannot defend his arguement.

"Miami is a tough town, we didn't have the luxury of training "nice". "

Yea, whatever, every town is "tough". Ive heard this a hundred times about every town from New York to Los Angeles. Usually this translates as "I know more because of where Im from". THe logical absurdity of this is so obvious I wont bother to point it out. And I wouldnt brag about being from Miami, most of the news coming out oif that city doesnt indicate a high level ofcommon sense among the natives ;)

Im sure you did full speed, full power fighting every day. Right. I call BS on this one. What is the "semi full contact" fighting in your profile? What type of full contact fighting? Was this kick boxing,american or oriental style rules? Or was it full contact "point fighting"?

Your a posuer Able, and a braggert. I still think youre the kid who got slapped around too much and tries to make up for it now by pretending to be the tough guy. Or you cant get a date so you
compensate by the little act you do. Maybe you even have gender/sexual identification problems. Your quickness to anger and need to brag hints at deep personal problems, and a lot of (barely) repressed anger. As I said in an earlier post, I almost feel sorry for you. Almost.

Spinning Backfist

SifuAbel
09-08-2001, 10:56 PM
Am I getting under your skin jimmy? hehehe
You are trying too hard, a sure sign that it bothers you. What you think of me is irrelevant. Whether you think I'm this or that is a product of your imagination. What's really stupid is how your regergitated opinions smell like same old ****e. It is obvious you only have a VCR, that's where your opinions come from. You are as bad as rolls, you have to decapitate others to make yourself seem bigger. You can believe what you want to believe. You can continue with your crusade, but don't expect people like me to just be cowed by a word from the mouth of ignorance. I've seen your type before, runny nose and blind as a bat you'll follow your shallow opinions over the proverbial cliff. Go ahead , keep walking. The cliff is that-a-way. -------------------->

sifuabel@yahoo.com

JerryLove
09-09-2001, 02:46 AM
Hmmm, the play icon appears at thge beginning of each clip, I wonder if there was a selection process.

Wither way, the TKD guy is point sparring, the MT guy is kickboxing (though neither is doing it all that well).

It's a good illustration of the problems attempting to maintain a longer range, even under ideal conditions. It also illustrates problems with point sparring (though from what I saw, the kickboxer would get killed by a regular boxer or wrestler, but perhaps the rules were limiting him further (I presume this was an exabition bout)).

15-year-old TKD redbelts are probibly not usually held up as the example for good fighters.

jimmy23
09-09-2001, 03:53 AM
You might be right Abel.

What is semi full contact fighting anyway? And , for the record, what type of full contact fighting was it you did? Just curious.

Spinning Backfist

SifuAbel
09-09-2001, 06:11 AM
Semi means hard contact but no ko. Similar to boxing determining a winner, Judges score you.

Full means....well.... you should know that.

I did alot of closed door stuff, pretty much anything goes.

sifuabel@yahoo.com

jimmy23
09-09-2001, 06:20 AM
Eye gouges? Joint attacks? Were tap outs allowed or was it till one guy got tired of beating the other?

Spinning Backfist

SifuAbel
09-09-2001, 07:21 AM
No eye gouges and we tryed to avoid testicle basketball. The closed door stuff was stopped when one guy couldn't continue. We did not stop at the takedown like san shue does.

sifuabel@yahoo.com

jimmy23
09-09-2001, 07:44 AM
so what seperates what you did from vale tudo?

Spinning Backfist

SifuAbel
09-09-2001, 10:57 AM
I guess not much

sifuabel@yahoo.com

gfhegel21
09-10-2001, 04:10 AM
Getting beat up in class may or may not indicate good training. I took a class for a while from an instructor who was a badass, both in grappling and striking. But he was a terrible teacher. I learned to take punishment in that class, that's about all. Yes, we "wiped the floor with each other," but our technique was poor and methods were dangerous.

SifuAbel
09-10-2001, 04:17 AM
True, I can be a bad thing without an aim.

sifuabel@yahoo.com