PDA

View Full Version : Yeeccchhh!!!!

TenTigers
04-11-2011, 09:07 AM
I just picked up a box of BSN's Cellmass. Blue Raz "flavored."
This stuff tastes like drek.
Anyone know how to get this stuff down?
(my Si-Hing suggested vodka...um, no.)

I already opened the box, so I'm doomed to finish it....ugh..

CFT
04-11-2011, 09:36 AM
Overpowering it with a different flavour? Chocolate?

wenshu
04-11-2011, 09:52 AM
Trying to bulk up?

What was it about this particular supplement that made you try it?

TenTigers
04-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Trying to bulk up?

What was it about this particular supplement that made you try it?
I wanted to stack creatine and bcaa's for post recovery/repair,etc from weight training.
I should've simply taken them separately, but NOOOOOO...

sanjuro_ronin
04-11-2011, 11:44 AM
I wanted to stack creatine and bcaa's for post recovery/repair,etc from weight training.

They did a study on recovery drinks you know...
I think Frost posted it in the health and fitness section.
Not sure how much you paid for that junk but you're end for a rude awakening as to what is possibly the best recovery drink.
LOL !

Lucas
04-11-2011, 11:52 AM
put it in a 16 oz can and pop a hole in it and shotgun it! or get a beer bong lol

TenTigers
04-11-2011, 11:56 AM
They did a study on recovery drinks you know...
I think Frost posted it in the health and fitness section.
Not sure how much you paid for that junk but you're end for a rude awakening as to what is possibly the best recovery drink.
LOL !
can't find it, but I'm hoping it's beer.
(malt,hops,barley-great source of carbs! Alcohol is a vasodiolator so it should aid in rapid assimilation)

wenshu
04-11-2011, 12:09 PM
Branch Chain Aminos and Creatine are a little more involved than the stuff marketed as "recovery" drinks.

Post work out I like watermelon puree and young coconut water.

I take BCAAS pre and post workout, this is in lieu of protein supplementation; if anything I need to cut mass. I don't dose any where near what some advise, that sh it is taxing!

I probably should supplement with Creatine because I don't have a dietary source.

In the end the best supplement is food.

sanjuro_ronin
04-11-2011, 12:12 PM
can't find it, but I'm hoping it's beer.
(malt,hops,barley-great source of carbs! Alcohol is a vasodiolator so it should aid in rapid assimilation)

Chocolate milk.
Yep.

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59306

David Jamieson
04-11-2011, 12:29 PM
Chocolate milk?

Pour a coca cola in there, it's probably healthier than chocolate milk. lol
so much added sugar it's goofy what crap it is.

anyway...lol

I don't use supps.

whole food. eat within the first hour after a workout.

1/3 complex carb 1/3 protein 1/3 fatty goodies/ reg carbs

wenshu
04-11-2011, 12:46 PM
High Fructose Corn Syrup?

Only if you deep fry it in some partially hydrogenated oil.

JamesC
04-11-2011, 01:11 PM
Chocolate milk?

Pour a coca cola in there, it's probably healthier than chocolate milk. lol
so much added sugar it's goofy what crap it is.

anyway...lol

I don't use supps.

whole food. eat within the first hour after a workout.

1/3 complex carb 1/3 protein 1/3 fatty goodies/ reg carbs

If i'm not mistaken, the chocolate milk is such a good recovery drink because of the 4:1 ration of carbs to protein.

To me, this is only useful if you workout in the morning or midday. I wouldn't do it after a workout that is in the evening. But, that's just me.

Da Jai
04-19-2011, 07:06 AM
you need fast acting, high GI carbs post-workout to replenish glycogen. it doesn't matter what time of the day you work-out. I mix dextrose and protein for post-workout which is at 8PM at might then I have a protein/fat (no carb meal) 1 hour later. I do the same thing even when dieting.

JamesC
04-19-2011, 11:03 AM
you need fast acting, high GI carbs post-workout to replenish glycogen. it doesn't matter what time of the day you work-out. I mix dextrose and protein for post-workout which is at 8PM at might then I have a protein/fat (no carb meal) 1 hour later. I do the same thing even when dieting.

I wasn't questioning the fact that you need carbs after a workout. I never said that.

My point is that I am not going to drink a large glass of chocolate milk right before I go to bed because the carbs and protein aren't the only thing you would be consuming.

Frost
04-19-2011, 02:01 PM

As long as you eat enough protein BCAAs are a waste of money, sorry :)

creatine is about the only supplement that studies have shown to actually be worth buying, the rest is normally marketing rap (beta alanine may be an exception time will tell)