PDA

View Full Version : LOOKING FOR GOOD INFORMATION!!!

ma_newbie
10-30-2001, 11:38 PM
If anyone wants to contribute to a Martial Arts information database, please send any useful articles, techniques, drills, and ANYTHING Martial Arts related to:

robertadams21@yahoo.com

I am going to start putting the site together, and I need contributions. I can make web sites, but I don't know sh!t about MA compared to most of you.

Many people here write long, informative posts that could easily be articles if they were modified a bit. Anything like that is suggested. Anything as simple as a drill to how to properly jab or move, or a summary about what a certain art is about, or how to center your chi, or how to meditate, or suggestions for anything, workout ideas, specific exercises, ANYTHING.

Pictures are good, but not necessary. Videos are better, but also not necessary.

I will give credit to everyone, either by your real name or your online name, or if you prefer not to I can just put "by anonymous".

I hope everyone contributes as much as they can. Think how great a web site we could make if everyone here contributes.

--------------

HuangKaiVun
10-31-2001, 12:35 AM
Not to be disrespectful of your honorable goal, ma_newbie, but what can your website offer that this forum cannot?

ewallace
10-31-2001, 12:45 AM
On a computer related note, what is your website going to run on (ie: SQL, mySQL, asp, php, cfm...hopefully not cgi/perl) ?

Victory goes to he who makes the next-to-last mistake.

Kung Lek
10-31-2001, 12:49 AM
eric, on a computer related note, websites run on IIS , Apache, Coldfusion server, etc.

ASP, PHP etc are languages/filetypes that serve up html in predetermined formats and also allow for pulling of data remotely from SQL servers and other databases to populate the defined html layout as defined by the code.

cgi and perl are script languages used to handle forms and further serve up predefined layouts of html pages

just a note from a webgeek :D

peace

Kung Lek

Martial Arts Links (http://members.home.net/kunglek)

ewallace
10-31-2001, 12:56 AM
As I am very aware. My profession is web programming. I guess I worded it wrong. The correct question is ... HOW is your site going to be built?

Victory goes to he who makes the next-to-last mistake.