PDA

View Full Version : YouKnowWho??

mickey
04-13-2011, 08:26 AM
Hi,

What happened to your thread on Object Oriented Fighting Method?

I really had to think about what you were sharing only to finally understand that you are coming from a Shuai Chiao perspective. That is what you guys do. It is what wrestlers and grapplers do. It is a little different from a strikers perspective; we would look for different ways to hit a particular target with a particular technique. Yet, the similarity is still there.

It was definitely worth the time to think about what you were sharing.

Thank you,

mickey

SPJ
04-13-2011, 08:49 AM
I was very busy yesterday. so I just read and did not post.

but

objective or goal setting, or parameters following

1. move

2 how to train the said move

3. how to enter or set up for the move

4. how to counter

5. how to counter counter

something like that.

:)

SPJ
04-13-2011, 08:52 AM
I tend to think observation first, observation second and observation last.

I move according to the opponent's move.

you do not move, I do not move.

you move I yield.

you move again, I yield again

you move the third time, I yield a third time.

then I know what to do.

how

yield to the left

yield to the right

yield back.

---

:D

mickey
04-13-2011, 09:09 AM
SPJ,

It was definitely good stuff.

mickey

YouKnowWho
04-13-2011, 02:26 PM
What happened to your thread on Object Oriented Fighting Method?

Just put that thread back. :)

YouKnowWho
04-13-2011, 02:32 PM
you do not move, I do not move.

I just don't understand how can any fight be able to start if "you don't move, I don't move"?

It's like confucius once said, "無友不如己者(Wu You Bu Ru Ji Zhe) - you should not make friend who is inferior to you". The problem is if your opponent is superior to you, you are inferior to him. Why should he want to be your friend in the 1st place?

David Jamieson
04-13-2011, 03:24 PM
I just don't understand how can any fight be able to start if "you don't move, I don't move"?

It's like confucius once said, "無友不如己者(Wu You Bu Ru Ji Zhe) - you should not make friend who is inferior to you". The problem is if your opponent is superior to you, you are inferior to him. Why should he want to be your friend in the 1st place?

Through the conflict of a physical contest, you may discover you are equals and now, you should have made a friend.

So long as you haven't killed him, or him you. (or any number of other conditions that could apply)