PDA

View Full Version : Spartan Pankration

I hate censorship
09-10-2001, 12:36 AM
I've got a question for you regarding the training methods of Spartan Pankration. It is
somthing i have been curious about since i discovered it (to my knowledge) is one of the
most complete martial arts out there consisting of all areas of unarmed combat and my
curiosity was reignighted by a topic listed on the main board.
I, like many of todays martial artists am cross training supplementing grappling to go with
my striking skill in order to come a more complete fighter. However i wonder whether the
method i have gone about my task to become proficient in all areas of combat is the most
efficient. This is because i am now a complete beginner in grappling after years of being
adept at striking. Its a bit of a confidence knock.

Therefore i am curious to how Pankration fighters begin their training to become complete
fighters, not in the sport sence, but as complete unarmed combateers. Is there a strict
regime that beginners follow or is the teaching taylor made to the individual? How are the
different areas (strinking, grappling) addressed?

Hope you can enlighten me a bit.

Dark Knight
09-10-2001, 12:47 AM
"since i discovered it (to my knowledge) is one of the most complete martial arts out there ...how Pankration fighters begin their training to become complete fighters"

Why do you believe they are complete fighters and the other styles are not? There are hundreds of styles that are claiming the same thing, I was just wondering why you think they are?