PDA

View Full Version : Lawn mower question

BJJ-Blue
04-18-2011, 09:53 AM
So it's time to buy a mower and I was looking at different models at Sears. I could not figure out how to tell if the different models were made in the US or China. Does anyone know how to tell?

MasterKiller
04-18-2011, 10:12 AM
So it's time to buy a mower and I was looking at different models at Sears. I could not figure out how to tell if the different models were made in the US or China. Does anyone know how to tell?

I don't think you can tell on the machine itself. The manual should say, though. Even some Craftsman stuff is made in the UK. Global economy and whatnot.

BJJ-Blue
04-18-2011, 10:22 AM
I don't think you can tell on the machine itself. The manual should say, though. Even some Craftsman stuff is made in the UK. Global economy and whatnot.

Thanks.

I looked on the info sheet that was on each one and it didn't say. I read that Craftsman tools are now made in China, so I wanted to check before I bought one.

Drake
04-18-2011, 06:12 PM
You'll be hard-pressed to find anything completely made in the USA these days. At least one component was manufactured abroad.

BJJ-Blue
04-19-2011, 08:12 AM
You'll be hard-pressed to find anything completely made in the USA these days. At least one component was manufactured abroad.

I've found that Snapper products are made in the USA. So as of now it looks like I'll be buying a Snapper this weekend.

David Jamieson
04-19-2011, 08:20 AM
snapper isn't the only one.

google is your friend man...lol

http://www.usstuff.com/lawnmowr.htm

The remington looks nice. Or the push mower, I recommend push mowers because they run on bananas and limit one's propensity for becoming obese. :D

JamesC
04-19-2011, 08:37 AM
Does Sears still honor the Craftsman lifetime warranty like they used to?

I know for a long time if you have anything made by Craftsman and it broke you could simply take it back to the store and exchange it.

For some reason I doubt it is that easy these days.

BJJ-Blue
04-19-2011, 10:16 AM
I found that usstuff site, but it is dated. Some of the mower info was 10 years old.

Yes, Sears still honors it. But while doing research I found they are no longer recommended since they are made in China. While they still honor the guarantee, it's a pain in the butt to have to keep returning cheap Chinese made tools that break all the time. Most of those guys said they now buy Snap On tools.

JamesC
04-19-2011, 10:44 AM
Ahh. Well that sucks.