PDA

View Full Version : Greetings to all WC lovers from a new student :)

dottydots
04-19-2011, 11:43 PM
Hi All,

I am a woman, 40, and have just started on WC in Singapore under Sifu ken lau.

A big thank you to all the great posts and replies...including the archived articles!

From a beginner's point of view: there's no better times to learn martial arts or anything these days! Internet, You Tubes.... all so convenient to watch and exchange information :)

I am working along with Master Ip Chun's little idea every morning :)

Great fun and hugs all,

Dottydots

bennyvt
04-20-2011, 12:59 AM
good luck on your path.:D

LoneTiger108
04-20-2011, 04:23 AM
It's never to late to start kung fu! ;)

Good luck on your journey into Siu Lim Tao, whether it be Ip Chuns version or not! :D

couch
04-20-2011, 05:23 AM
How brave of you to start martial arts at your age. It's never too late to start.

Also, how brave of you to come to this forum. It's never too late to quit.

dottydots
04-20-2011, 06:19 PM
Hi,

Brave? Indeed I am...

I was introduced to WC through a colleague who has trained for 3 years and he is still very passionate with this form. Before this exposure to martial arts, I did ballet all my life and work means working the phone and the computers. So... on day one I am that noob that hold my fist with my thumb on the inside of fist... /facepalm icon

Brave and silly me made all the possible mistakes in receiving punches too.... my bong sao at the beginning has all colours of rainbow and it swelled too :(

Anyhow, I know I am still a huge distance from getting anywhere. And as you rightly stated, I did start late on martial arts. But, in so far, the mindset change process has already begun in me...Instead of turning and run, I may deliver a mean pak sao.....

Yes :) I am brave and silly :P Logging into a WC forum is very natural to me, to register if I want to read and learn is natural too and...As well as, a big /WAVE to all WC lovers and seniors over here :)

Good day all!

ShortBridge
04-20-2011, 10:29 PM
Happy for you, love your enthusiasm. Train well and enjoy.

Phil Redmond
04-20-2011, 10:50 PM
Congrats, just don't get into the politics and let some rotten apples spoil the bushel.
IMO we are one family regardless of which Sifu you learn from.
Peace

bennyvt
04-21-2011, 12:13 AM
and phil is a senior that you could learn from.:p

Phil Redmond
04-23-2011, 09:58 PM
and phil is a senior that you could learn from.:p
Who you callin' senior? . . . .lol :)

bennyvt
04-25-2011, 04:32 AM
but should could learn alot ;)