PDA

View Full Version : What started the cult/worship mentality in martial arts.

Iron_Eagle_76
04-20-2011, 05:12 AM
We all like to make fun of the cults and the kooks that inhabit the world of martial arts, but in all seriousness what do you feel or what in your experience causes the martial cult phenomenon?

Sometimes I call it the messiah/Jesus Christ complex, where the students see their teacher as some kind of savior to them. I recently was reading an article someone wrote about Pai Lum who studied under Daniel Pai and they constantly referred to him as "The Master":rolleyes:. I feel this above all else produces the cult mentality when people worship an instructor like some deity of sorts. Anyway, please discuss.

CYMac
04-20-2011, 05:16 AM
"The Master" is just same as "sifu" in Chinese, but I never heard of people worhsipping their masters though. Maybe some worship them when they die like an ancestor because they respect their master like a father in the old days. Nowadays, this is no too common. But it's not that they think their sifu is a deity or something.

Iron_Eagle_76
04-20-2011, 05:20 AM
"The Master" is just same as "sifu" in Chinese, but I never heard of people worhsipping their masters though. Maybe some worship them when they die like an ancestor because they respect their master like a father in the old days. Nowadays, this is no too common. But it's not that they think their sifu is a deity or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhnvETs4F6Q&feature=related

CYMac
04-20-2011, 05:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhnvETs4F6Q&feature=related

I saw something called "Kunlun Neigong" before which is about the same, they do spiritual possession and evil magic, but they claim they are some what related to Mao Shan Sect. I have got 5 students in the past who got this practice in their past and after their learn from me, they have to exorcise so much evil magic out of them because those "masters" cast evil magic on them and also use ghost spirits to possess them to make them move spontaneously. In Chinese culture, some "master" do it too and call it 自發功 (spontaneous chi gung) which some use the form of martial arts, some use the form of chi gung to present itself. But it is not really kungfu. Creepy stuff!

*one of my student even got his family and business all screwed by doing these kinds of spontaneous chi gung, really not a good idea to do it!*:mad:

sanjuro_ronin
04-20-2011, 05:42 AM
The 'worship" starts when the teacher/coach (Sifu) starts being viewed as a "master".
You don't see it in "sports oriented" systems because the coach or teacher is always just that and makes it very clear that he is JUST that.
In SOME TMA, the instructors go beyond that, usually because they have some deep rooted inferiority complex that they are trying to compensate for.
Typicaly they are unproven fighters that are trying to live off the anecodets of past teachers that were fighters or made up anecodotes of themselves that no one can verify.
You don't see this in gyms/schools that the teacher is/was an actual fighter.

bawang
04-20-2011, 05:57 AM
students can call a guy master but few will call him friend.

CYMac
04-20-2011, 06:04 AM
students can call a guy master but few will call him friend.

Um.. my students call me "Mak Jo Si" as they are my Taoism students. But they also treat me and talk to me like a friend.

Calling your sifu or master "hey dude" or "hi friend" is just not respectful in language. It's a virtue to pay respect to who you learn from. That's also part of martial arts learning. Just like in Karate, TKD, you call your master Sensei which is like "master" in Japanese as well. They also kept the tradition of paying respect to their masters as well. It's a good thing to have virtues.

goju
04-20-2011, 06:17 AM
The Asch Conformity Experiment likely plays a role int he cult thing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asch_conformity_experiments

sanjuro_ronin
04-20-2011, 06:20 AM
Um.. my students call me "Mak Jo Si" as they are my Taoism students. But they also treat me and talk to me like a friend.

Calling your sifu or master "hey dude" or "hi friend" is just not respectful in language. It's a virtue to pay respect to who you learn from. That's also part of martial arts learning. Just like in Karate, TKD, you call your master Sensei which is like "master" in Japanese as well. They also kept the tradition of paying respect to their masters as well. It's a good thing to have virtues.

Sensei means teacher, NOT master.

CYMac
04-20-2011, 06:25 AM
Sensei means teacher, NOT master.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensei

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sifu

For reference, very close right? Master is just the english for "sifu" which is often used by people. It's just a language thing.

Iron_Eagle_76
04-20-2011, 06:35 AM
The term Sifu or Sensei IMO should be viewed as teacher, what it is meant to convey. It really is no different than in boxing or MMA when guys call their coach "coach". They are the person teaching them this art or sport, nothing more, nothing less. The term "master" brings with it many negative connotations which can and should be avoided.

Webster's Dictionary defintion of Master- "A male person having another living being so far subject to his will, that he can, in the main, control his or its actions; - formerly used with much more extensive application than now."

Does that sound like something you want to be a part of:confused:

Ben Gash
04-20-2011, 06:51 AM
However, in UK English up until 40 years ago master was used to refer to schoolteachers.

CFT
04-20-2011, 07:00 AM
However, in UK English up until 40 years ago master was used to refer to schoolteachers.Probably still in use at places like Eton and Harrow.

David Jamieson
04-20-2011, 07:09 AM
However, in UK English up until 40 years ago master was used to refer to schoolteachers.

And, it is still used to address young people under the age of 12.

Young master so and so etc.

I don't think a boxing coach is anything like a sifu at all.
I've been with both and they are quite different.

Kung Fu, is simply more than just a martial art. there are a lot of peripheral offerings to be absorbed as well.

the pugilism of it can be learned without that of course, but that wouldn't be in keeping with the very idea of attaining Kung Fu! lol

this is what people struggle with I think. They want to believe that martial arts is martial arts, that a kick is a kick and a punch is a punch etc, and it is. But there are other things within Kung Fu training that go beyond that simple model of attack and defend. And, each teacher will ahve different levels of knowledge and understanding to apply. Iron work, Zen(ch'an), Qigongs, functional strength development through work imitating resistance training, and in some cases more! Things like tying sword work to calligraphy lessons or spear and staff work to same. Training in different environments and terrain types, Lion Dance! Cultural artifacts of study...and a lot more still. there is simply not a good comparison to a full Kung Fu offering and a martial arts coaching scenario. they are quite different environments. In America and Europe and other western nations, it is not an easy thing to insert into a culture based on strong individualism. there is an attitude of immediate rejection of the idea of a master. maybe "expert" should be used instead to get over that hurdle. :)

Having said that, the simple model will have you fighting a lot faster than a slow progressive self discovery and transformation methodology such as Kung Fu training is. :) that's the facts jack.

Iron_Eagle_76
04-20-2011, 07:32 AM
Kung Fu, is simply more than just a martial art. there are a lot of peripheral offerings to be absorbed as well.

True, but that still should have little bearing as to what title someone goes by. In school students refer to their teachers as Mr. or Mrs., in college the same unless that person has a PHD, than they may refer to them as Dr. Those titles are bestowed to instill respect, however, there is no worship or underling that goes along with these.

The problem is when worship of a master or even the art becomes more prevalent than the pugilism, it ceases to be a martial art and becomes a martial cult!

mickey
04-20-2011, 07:43 AM
Greetings,

Though this country is called the land of the free and the home of the brave, there is a a very strong undercurrent of exclusivity that is fertile soil for cultish behavior and activity. Secret societies have existed in this country long before the first kwoon, dojo and dojang. Just take a look at the back of your dollar bill.

Personally......I blame Elvis for all this sh!t.

mickey

David Jamieson
04-20-2011, 07:44 AM
True, but that still should have little bearing as to what title someone goes by. In school students refer to their teachers as Mr. or Mrs., in college the same unless that person has a PHD, than they may refer to them as Dr. Those titles are bestowed to instill respect, however, there is no worship or underling that goes along with these.

The problem is when worship of a master or even the art becomes more prevalent than the pugilism, it ceases to be a martial art and becomes a martial cult!

I dunno, have you ever been a TA in uni? lol those folks are quite culty in how they regard their master (usually a tenured prof with the entire alphabet before and after his or her name..lol )

I agree with your assessment of where the problem begins. But I don't think this is common. I think it's the outlier. So, you do see people professing to be masters who obviously are not through their own demonstrations. The people who fall in line with the "worship" are likely the greater cause to the effect. this, in my opinion stems from desire.

Many people want to have their problems in life solved by some piece of data they think they don't know or by some secret method they believe they must learn to set things right with themselves.

those gaping holes in a persons being are revelatory of a succinct lack of understanding or will to deal with straight up reality.

All work on the self must be done by the self. There are no secret answers, no pills and no panaceas. Simply work and keep a good attitude.

the last part, people find difficult. lol :)

bawang
04-20-2011, 08:03 AM
Um.. my students call me "Mak Jo Si"

what the hell is a mak jo si? thats not even chilese

this guy prolly some cambodian or viet

DBAC
04-20-2011, 08:08 AM
The term Sifu or Sensei IMO should be viewed as teacher, what it is meant to convey. It really is no different than in boxing or MMA when guys call their coach "coach". They are the person teaching them this art or sport, nothing more, nothing less. The term "master" brings with it many negative connotations which can and should be avoided.

Webster's Dictionary defintion of Master- "A male person having another living being so far subject to his will, that he can, in the main, control his or its actions; - formerly used with much more extensive application than now."

Does that sound like something you want to be a part of:confused:

That's misinformation. Webster's Dictionary definition of "master (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/master)" also includes:

: a male teacher
: a worker or artisan qualified to teach apprentices
: an artist, performer, or player of consummate skill

The term "master" only has bad connotation when you have teachers with a God Complex who convince their students that it is tradition to be at their beck and call. People like this also seem to confuse loyalty with obedience. You should blame the teacher, the student merely follows what he has been led to believe is true.

This is as old as time itself.

bawang
04-20-2011, 08:19 AM
chinese martial art word for coach is jiaoshi. when a teacher childless or has a tradition of only teaching family, he adopts you as his son then you cal him shifu.

CFT
04-20-2011, 08:20 AM
what the hell is a mak jo si? thats not even chilese

this guy prolly some cambodian or vietHis family name is Mak. 'jo si' = 'si jo' = founder/ancestor. The Japanese use 'soke'.

bawang
04-20-2011, 08:23 AM
why do you guys keep insisting on using chinese ebonics? u want me to type in my dialect? nzga fansegele chz sz ga. who the hell will understand? speak proper chilese foo.

David Jamieson
04-20-2011, 08:54 AM
why do you guys keep insisting on using chinese ebonics? u want me to type in my dialect? nzga fansegele chz sz ga. who the hell will understand? speak proper chilese foo.

"proper" chinese. lol. which one of the hundreds of mutually unintelligible dialects do you suggest is proper? :)

cantonese? Shanghaiese? Mandarin? Wu? Toisanese? etc etc etc etc.

fwiw, cho si/jo si/ si jo/ si cho are valid phonetic romanizations of "founder".
If you don't type in butcher cantdarin, then you are failing to communicate with the greater body of traditional martial artists.

also, using english ebonics whilst crying out for proper chinese ebonics is hypocritiical at best, you need to rub your testicles with electric butter to get better. :p

bawang
04-20-2011, 08:57 AM
"proper" chinese. lol. which one of the hundreds of mutually unintelligible dialects do you suggest is proper? :)

cantonese? Shanghaiese? Mandarin? Wu? Toisanese? etc etc etc etc.

mandarin

LERN PING YING FOO

CYMac
04-20-2011, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the people above to clarify the term of "Jo Si", yes "Jo Si" is founder. I am founder of my own lineage - Tin Yat Lineage. That's why I use Mak Jo Si.

Celestial Master is not a term in KUNGFU, it's only about Taoism, Tin Si, 天師. It doesn't have to do with kungfu at all and so I don't explain it here further more. on off topic, right? HEHE!

CFT
04-20-2011, 08:59 AM
why do you guys keep insisting on using chinese ebonics? u want me to type in my dialect? nzga fansegele chz sz ga. who the hell will understand? speak proper chilese foo.You are such an ignorant foo. If I can recognize Mandarin pinyin why can't you recognize Cantonese pinyin? Are you really Chilean rather than Chinese?

si jo = shi zu

You read Chilese IIRC: 師祖

CFT
04-20-2011, 09:00 AM
mandarin

LERN PING YING FOOHey foo, you should learn proper pinyin.

SPJ
04-20-2011, 09:02 AM
We all like to make fun of the cults and the kooks that inhabit the world of martial arts, but in all seriousness what do you feel or what in your experience causes the martial cult phenomenon?

Sometimes I call it the messiah/Jesus Christ complex, where the students see their teacher as some kind of savior to them. I recently was reading an article someone wrote about Pai Lum who studied under Daniel Pai and they constantly referred to him as "The Master":rolleyes:. I feel this above all else produces the cult mentality when people worship an instructor like some deity of sorts. Anyway, please discuss.

idol or ideal role or exampliary person

each style has its ideal person or people that represents their style

--

but worshipping or pay respect to a dead grandteacher

is a different story

it is only a recognition of ancentry or passing down or family tree

--

cult is a whole different story

religion is a whole different beast, too.

--

:)

SPJ
04-20-2011, 09:04 AM
many people like bruce lee or elvis

worshipping them

nah.

bawang
04-20-2011, 09:05 AM
You are such an ignorant foo. If I can recognize Mandarin pinyin why can't you recognize Cantonese pinyin? Are you really Chilean rather than Chinese?

si jo = shi zu

You read Chilese IIRC: 師祖

that would be sz zak in my dialect, which is actaully very close to middle and archaic chinese. i aint askin u to understan my dialec foo. cuz it aint proper chilese. futsan chinatown days are over mayne. git wid da tiems.

CYMac
04-20-2011, 09:11 AM
many people like bruce lee or elvis

worshipping them

nah.

Of course. It's from different culture. You see Chinese are crazy people, I mean China people. They worship General Kwan from long time ago, who is just a man in war. Like worshipping Mao Ze Dong is already very crazy. People get so hyped about worshipping who "they like" in China and soon they will be on the god table one day in all homes, crazy eh? China is one of the most weird place now and you can see it from the politics, they are so closed up, they ban everything to cover things up,...what is China famous for now? not kungfu -- it's KNOCKOFF(s) and many weird black markets. PLUS "low cost labor". That's what I can think of with all that China's history...

bawang
04-20-2011, 09:15 AM
guan yu is a god. he is 100 times better than your stupid celestial poo poo gays

BLOOD FOR GUAN YU THER MUST BE BLOOD

lkfmdc
04-20-2011, 09:18 AM
You see Chinese are crazy people

http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6097&stc=1&d=1303274231

IRONY, it's not just for breakfast

mickey
04-20-2011, 09:36 AM
Greetings,

What you are really looking at is individualism vs collectivism. They exist side by side and there are times where it is hard to separate one from the other. How can you control what is essentially a function of how consciousness, group and individual, engages its socio-economic environment? Gosh, there I go again. Where is Scott R. Brown?

mickey

CYMac
04-20-2011, 09:57 AM
guan yu is a god. he is 100 times better than your stupid celestial poo poo gays

BLOOD FOR GUAN YU THER MUST BE BLOOD

Please, educate yourself with history. Gwan Yue is not a god, he is a general in the battlefield only. People just worship him later on in the home because they like him and honor him. It's the folks religion that praise him to the god table only and it's purely superstitious. Who worship the General Kwan most of the time now? Triad groups, gangsters, and HK police, nothing else much. Yes, it's really werid.

CYMac
04-20-2011, 09:58 AM
http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6097&stc=1&d=1303274231

IRONY, it's not just for breakfast

You do you like to post my picture here again and again? Did you ask for my permission on taking materials from my BUSINESS website? You know that this is not right to do and it's really "stealing"? It's rude you know?

lkfmdc
04-20-2011, 10:04 AM
You do you like to post my picture here again and again?

I actually prefer this one

CYMac
04-20-2011, 10:06 AM
I actually prefer this one

You really don't got a job or something to do? OMG, that's really just show me you are nothing but a kid with nothing to do now... childish..

lkfmdc
04-20-2011, 10:07 AM
You really don't got a job or something to do? OMG, that's really just show me you are nothing but a kid with nothing to do now... childish..

you should be happy, it is the closest you will ever get to a woman in your lifetime

Iron_Eagle_76
04-20-2011, 10:07 AM
That's misinformation. Webster's Dictionary definition of "master (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/master)" also includes:

: a male teacher
: a worker or artisan qualified to teach apprentices
: an artist, performer, or player of consummate skill

The term "master" only has bad connotation when you have teachers with a God Complex who convince their students that it is tradition to be at their beck and call. People like this also seem to confuse loyalty with obedience. You should blame the teacher, the student merely follows what he has been led to believe is true.
This is as old as time itself.

Which pretty much consists of any martial arts school where a "master" makes his students call him that. But thanks for making my point again.;)

CYMac
04-20-2011, 10:08 AM
you should be happy, it is the closest you will ever get to a woman in your lifetime

Really? My Fiancee is beside me typing and laughing at your childish action now, enjoy your morning cup of milk or tea, we are both watching you showing your stupidness here again and again, kid.

bawang
04-20-2011, 10:09 AM
Please, educate yourself with history. Gwan Yue is not a god, he is a general in the battlefield only. People just worship him later on in the home because they like him and honor him. It's the folks religion that praise him to the god table only and it's purely superstitious. Who worship the General Kwan most of the time now? Triad groups, gangsters, and HK police, nothing else much. Yes, it's really werid.

guan yu achieved GODHOOD by absorbing the power of his fallen enemies. when i need money i pray to him and i get real money. when i need good grade i pray to him and he give me a plus. you worship a rotting corpse called laozi.

CYMac
04-20-2011, 10:12 AM
guan yu achieved GODHOOD by absorbing the power of his fallen enemies. when i need money i pray to him and i get real money. when i need good grade i pray to him and he give me a plus.

I do not want to discuss this with you here as this is OFF TOPIC in a Kungfu Forum but I can tell you this is not right. You cannot absorb people's energy to become god. Or else he is an EVIL GOD, sucking dead people's energy to become a god. EVIL GOD 邪神. (very evil)

bawang
04-20-2011, 10:14 AM
evil doesnt exist. its concept created by christians. there only the STRONG and the WEAK.

i am on topic because guan yu is god of martial artists. one day every head to bow to him. THE GALAXY WILL BURN

Scott R. Brown
04-20-2011, 10:15 AM
Greetings,

What you are really looking at is individualism vs collectivism. They exist side by side and there are times where it is hard to separate one from the other. How can you control what is essentially a function of how consciousness, group and individual, engages its socio-economic environment? Gosh, there I go again. Where is Scott R. Brown?

mickey

I am a figment of your IMMMMMMAAAAAAGIIIIIIINAAAAAAAAATION!:eek:

This coming from a 27 yr old Celestial Taoist Master who fancies he can exorcise the demons of others, but cannot exorcise his own!:rolleyes:

Oh Yeah!!! You are the measure by which childish is defined youngster!!!:rolleyes:

CYMac
04-20-2011, 10:15 AM
evil doesnt exist. its concept created by christians. there only the STRONG and the WEAK.

i am on topic because guan yu is god of martial artists. one day every head to bow to him. THE GALAXY WILL BURN

Again, OFF TOPIC.

JamesC
04-20-2011, 10:16 AM
Best. Thread. Ever.

bawang
04-20-2011, 10:17 AM
years of tai chi training has shown me the truth. that mercy is for weak fools. when the day comes i will deliver pure evil onto the battlefield.

Scott R. Brown
04-20-2011, 10:21 AM
I do not want to discuss this with you here as this is OFF TOPIC in a Kungfu Forum but I can tell you this is not right. You cannot absorb people's energy to become god. Or else he is an EVIL GOD, sucking dead people's energy to become a god. EVIL GOD 邪神. (very evil)

You are not the topic police on a thread that is not of your origin!!

Megalomania raising its crazy head again? Don't forget to take your meds!

years of tai chi training has shown me the truth. that mercy is for weak fools. when the day comes i will deliver pure evil onto the battlefield.

Go to Toronto and give this guy a piece of bawang philosophy of life and martial arts!

Oh and STAY ON TOPIC!!!!:mad:

bawang
04-20-2011, 10:24 AM
woah woah brather, i aint threatening anyone. im talking about the prophecy when guan yu will return, then the secret followers of the white lotus rise up and make the entire world a giant sacrifice for the blood lord, where he will rest upon the skull throne and create a world of endless slaughter and carnage. this is common knowledge everyone in china knows this.

Scott R. Brown
04-20-2011, 10:38 AM
woah woah brather, i aint threatening anyone.

Well you should be!!!:mad:

bawang
04-20-2011, 10:43 AM
i feel the spirits overtaking me... it is a good pain.
do you hear the voices too?

Lucas
04-20-2011, 10:44 AM
woah woah brather, i aint threatening anyone. im talking about the prophecy when guan yu will return, then the secret followers of the white lotus rise up and make the entire world a giant sacrifice for the blood lord, where he will rest upon the skull throne and create a world of endless slaughter and carnage.

do i just have to die cuz im white or can i use wombat kombat to save me? i dun wanna be part of the skull throne...

taai gihk yahn
04-20-2011, 10:46 AM
\You see Chinese are crazy people

the deuce you say!

http://makchingyuen.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/exorcismtiny.jpg

bawang
04-20-2011, 10:48 AM
do i just have to die cuz im white or can i use wombat kombat to save me? i dun wanna be part of the skull throne...

certain whites will be spared and granted honorary chinese status, like kernel sanders, special agent ronald mcdonald, and great warrior beorge gush

Lucas
04-20-2011, 10:49 AM
certain whites will be spared and granted honorary chinese status, like kernel sanders and special agent ronald mcdonald

lol k ill study realllllll hard. omw to kfc now!

bawang
04-20-2011, 10:49 AM
you can also get a tan and squint all the time like clint westwood

Lebaufist
04-20-2011, 10:53 AM
The 'worship" starts when the teacher/coach (Sifu) starts being viewed as a "master".
You don't see it in "sports oriented" systems because the coach or teacher is always just that and makes it very clear that he is JUST that.
In SOME TMA, the instructors go beyond that, usually because they have some deep rooted inferiority complex that they are trying to compensate for.
Typicaly they are unproven fighters that are trying to live off the anecodets of past teachers that were fighters or made up anecodotes of themselves that no one can verify.
You don't see this in gyms/schools that the teacher is/was an actual fighter.

QFT........

The flip side of the delusion is on the part of the student, one's desire to be something more than themselves.
As if knowing MA makes one this superbeing. The mere knowing of this MA info grows one's superbeingness exponentially as time passes whether you train or not.

All in an effort to be .............."Special".

This "specialness" then can make one an authority on pretty much any subject one may have just heard about.

Because we all see these invincible white haired 60 yr old Pak Mei's coming out and dominating every scene. Or so we imagine ourselves to be..........

Being in a MA XX amount of years doesn't guarantee any measure of success in a fight. Age is a diminishing factor. You have a good number of the sweet years, then, its ouch this and ouch that, ouch my sacroiliac.

This all can apply to the "actual fighter".

Lucas
04-20-2011, 10:55 AM
you can also get a tan and squint all the time like clint westwood

dude im on it...do i need to dye my hair black?

Lebaufist
04-20-2011, 10:56 AM
Is anybody else creeped out at the sword going though a little black girl? :confused:

goju
04-20-2011, 10:57 AM
the war god arguement made this thread :D

taai gihk yahn
04-20-2011, 11:00 AM
Is anybody else creeped out at the sword going though a little black girl? :confused:

I thot it was a little boy...

Lucas
04-20-2011, 11:00 AM
who cares its evil...duh

goju
04-20-2011, 11:04 AM
Exactly what kind of racist world would this be if black demons are treated any different than the other ones :mad:

Iron_Eagle_76
04-20-2011, 11:05 AM
QFT........

The flip side of the delusion is on the part of the student, one's desire to be something more than themselves.
As if knowing MA makes one this superbeing. The mere knowing of this MA info grows one's superbeingness exponentially as time passes whether you train or not.

All in an effort to be .............."Special".

This "specialness" then can make one an authority on pretty much any subject one may have just heard about.

Because we all see these invincible white haired 60 yr old Pak Mei's coming out and dominating every scene. Or so we imagine ourselves to be..........

Being in a MA XX amount of years doesn't guarantee any measure of success in a fight. Age is a diminishing factor. You have a good number of the sweet years, then, its ouch this and ouch that, ouch my sacroiliac.

This all can apply to the "actual fighter".

"Specialness" breeds LARPers and retards who still think they can chi blast through the Hoover Dam. But only the super secret "specialness", because you know, only they have "teh real specialness". :D

taai gihk yahn
04-20-2011, 11:09 AM
I can't resist...

USSD (http://ussdams.org/strategies.PDF) :D :D :D

dam them and their evil plots; they need to be exorcized!

(addendum: I think I sense a new thread in the Shaolin section being started soon....)

Scott R. Brown
04-20-2011, 11:10 AM
"Specialness" breeds LARPers and retards who still think they can chi blast through the Hoover Dam. But only the super secret "specialness", because you know, only they have "teh real specialness". :D

Are these the same people who get to ride on the "special" bus?

Iron_Eagle_76
04-20-2011, 11:13 AM
Are these the same people who get to ride on the "special" bus?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_uX7PYGG6gBo/TUWdudIybPI/AAAAAAAAJzU/tmylwGQR6ms/s1600/doubleschoolbus_4111131816109.jpg

Lebaufist
04-20-2011, 11:14 AM

"specialness" can easily apply to a competent fighter that is under the illusion that he is "succeeding in his achieving 'Specialness®™' ".

CYMac
04-20-2011, 11:23 AM
In case you haven't noticed, the entire forum considers YOU off topic, what with your airsoft exorcisms and pseudo-Christian Daoist moneymaking schemes.

Maybe This forum (http://www.emptyflower.net/forums/index.php?act=idx) will appreciate you more...

Who brough the gun topic up? not me, it's those people who like bullying and go off topic. I only posted my VIDEO up yesterday and people started to gang up already, oh ewll. See it yourself by reading, Chao!

CYMac
04-20-2011, 11:25 AM
Thank you guys for posting my website related pictures up all the time, it's a great promotion you are doing for me here!

I don't like people stealing photos of my website but you guys are just doing great by promoting our website again.

Scott R. Brown
04-20-2011, 11:29 AM
Thank you guys for posting my website related pictures up all the time, it's a great promotion you are doing for me here!

I don't like people stealing photos of my website but you guys are just doing great by promoting our website again.

Right! People are just flocking to your website to buy your BULSH!T from the exposure you are getting here!

Don't you have another thread you need to go lockdown because you can't take the exposure of your psychosises?

CYMac
04-20-2011, 11:32 AM
Right! People are just flocking to your website to buy your BULSH!T from the exposure you are getting here!

Don't you have another thread you need to go lockdown because you can't take the exposure of your psychosises?

Not really, if you are interested in my "bull****", I am more than happy to sell you some too. Want some? Hey man, business is business, you pay, I give. :)

CYMac
04-20-2011, 11:38 AM
Dude, YOUR website brought all of this up.

You know, the one where you talk about magic gun exorcisms, advertise 'Tao Gunning' with poor grammar and questionable graphics, try to sell stuff online, and refuse visitors to your actual place of business?

That one.

I did not refuse people to go to our store, it's just under rennovation plus I am taking a break from work. What's wrong with me doing online business for a year to rest? I am my own boss!

Yeah? My website is so attractive that it attracted all of you to go right? Thanks for the compliment, have fun reading my website then! I will be happy to sell you some of our service and products if you need any, just PM me! :)

Scott R. Brown
04-20-2011, 11:39 AM
Not really, if you are interested in my "bull****", I am more than happy to sell you some too. Want some? Hey man, business is business, you pay, I give. :)

I don’t pay money to psycho-charlatans.......and I provide my services free of charge to anyone with a need, sort of like how the sun shines or the rain falls on all men equally..........or even like.......oh I don't know.......how Tao is free for the asking!

You know, I am THAT kind of Taoist, you know the kind that accomodates himself to the processes and example of Tao, and not the kind that tries to conform Tao to his own fantasies!

CYMac
04-20-2011, 11:43 AM
I don’t pay money to psycho-charlatans.......and I provide my services free of charge to anyone with a need, sort of like how the sun shines or the rain falls on all men equally..........or even like.......oh I don't know.......how Tao is free for the asking!

You know, I am THAT kind of Taoist, you know the kind that accomodates himself to the processes and example of Tao, and not the kind that tries to conform Tao to his own fantasies!

Okay, so you are a hobbiest and I am a professional, that's clear enough. I work as a Taoism master FOR MY LIVING AND AS MY CAREER. So I am professional and that is why it cost you money. It's WORTH the money. Freebies are always lower in quality and that's the reality dude... I ain't doing any cheap stuff PLUS I never say I am a charity, my company name is registered in 2006 as Chi in Nature Ltd. It's a corporate business. LTD.

Scott R. Brown
04-20-2011, 11:48 AM
Okay, so you are a hobbiest and I am a professional, that's clear enough. I work as a Taoism master FOR MY LIVING AND AS MY CAREER. So I am professional and that is why it cost you money. It's WORTH the money. Freebies are always lower in quality and that's the reality dude... I ain't doing any cheap stuff PLUS I never say I am a charity, my company name is registered in 2006 as Chi in Nature Ltd. It's a corporate business. LTD.

Yeah...so how much you paying for all that low quality sunshine, air, rain, water, life etc. there Mr. PROFESSIONAL CHARLATAN!

Charging money doesn't mean there is quality to your services, it means you prey upon the ignorant and vulnerable in order to make you feel important and vauable!

You should be ashamed of yourself!

David Jamieson
04-20-2011, 11:50 AM
Temple, store, Kung Fu, not Kung Fu, open for business, not open for business...

Make up your f*cking mind.

I know a few clubs in T.O. who will be very interested to know what you're trying to pull in their community.

Actually, he's surrounded by various wu shu and kung fu clubs of all sorts where he is.
(I'm just down the street here :) )

Talismans and taoist magic are no different than other things like power bracelets (can't remember what those things are called) or good luck charms or yes, I'm going to say it, sacraments.

People can do as they please. I don't see any harm despite what I may think of it at first blush.

Personally I think that me practicing straight sword solo in this day and age is pretty crazy too.

Now, pass the brains please... :p

Lucas
04-20-2011, 11:51 AM
Personally I think that me practicing straight sword solo in this day and age is pretty crazy too.

:p

is that why everyone looks at me with crazy eyes when i practice staff at the middle school by my house?

JamesC
04-20-2011, 11:52 AM
No that's because you aren't wearing pants.

David Jamieson
04-20-2011, 11:53 AM
is that why everyone looks at me with crazy eyes when i practice staff at the middle school by my house?

yes.

But if you tell someone you are off to the range to pop out a box of copperheads, they act all serious and believe you to be the coolest of the cool beans. :p

weird eh?

Lucas
04-20-2011, 11:53 AM

Lucas
04-20-2011, 11:54 AM
yes.

But if you tell someone you are off to the range to pop out a box of copperheads, they act all serious and believe you to be the coolest of the cool beans. :p

weird eh?

on a side note have you seen that show 'special ops missions' its sweet. :D

goju
04-20-2011, 12:03 PM
If only the bad boy of bagua would come back

David Jamieson
04-20-2011, 12:07 PM

instant death match! just add fodder! :p

Lucas
04-20-2011, 12:11 PM

i forget who that is again...

bawang
04-20-2011, 12:25 PM
a white black taoist

Brule
04-20-2011, 12:36 PM
You guys are being a bit too rough with this gentleman. Things haven't been going well for me lately and i've tried everything. Maybe some Taoism demon excorcism is my next step.

lkfmdc
04-20-2011, 12:40 PM
My Fiancee is beside me

his fiancee

http://www.racheshop.de/product_images/images/big/111286_perfectWoman_big.jpg

taai gihk yahn
04-20-2011, 12:48 PM
Yeah? My website is so attractive that it attracted all of you to go right? Thanks for the compliment, have fun reading my website then!

we've had a lot of fun - it's rare to get so much crazy all on one site; the only other one that rivals yours for sheer insanity in bulk is this one (http://www.happehtheory.com/)

David Jamieson
04-20-2011, 01:12 PM
we've had a lot of fun - it's rare to get so much crazy all on one site; the only other one that rivals yours for sheer insanity in bulk is this one (http://www.happehtheory.com/)

so...I'm not made out of billions of tiny weiners then?

hmmn.

lol@happeh. not one of his theories seems to pan out for him. :(

CFT
04-20-2011, 03:16 PM

IRONY, it's not just for breakfastI like my cornflakes fortified with vitamins and irony!

bawang and CYMac are a match made in heaven. The gods are truly smiling. :D

I think CYMak ought to stop the ... ahem ... solo practice. It's making his eyes go funny. It's not too late though, the hairy palms haven't appeared yet otherwise his Tao gun would slip out of his hand.

CYMac
04-20-2011, 06:27 PM
Temple, store, Kung Fu, not Kung Fu, open for business, not open for business...

Make up your f*cking mind.

I know a few clubs in T.O. who will be very interested to know what you're trying to pull in their community.

Oh, T.O as in Toronto? okay, my temple's address is at the contact page, can't you see it when you actually see the site? What are you reading???

2600 John Street Unit 107, Markham. ON.

TenTigers
04-20-2011, 06:40 PM
ok, so lemmie get this straight; you are the jo-si=founder of your own Taoist sect. You say you studied Taoism for 15 yrs? where? with whom?
also-what do you do to protect yourself from a gwai-jahk?

CYMac
04-20-2011, 06:46 PM
ok, so lemmie get this straight; you are the jo-si=founder of your own Taoist sect. You say you studied Taoism for 15 yrs? where? with whom?
also-what do you do to protect yourself from a gwai-jahk?

My biography shows you the history already, enjoy it yourself if you wish to investigate on me. I did not do Taoism since 15yrs, I just WORK for 15yrs, I started Taoism's journey since 4-yrs-old, going on many different paths and so on. That's 23 yrs of Taoism life. (I am now 27)

Scott R. Brown
04-20-2011, 06:53 PM
My biography shows you the history already, enjoy it yourself if you wish to investigate on me. I did not do Taoism since 15yrs, I just WORK for 15yrs, I started Taoism's journey since 4-yrs-old, going on many different paths and so on. That's 23 yrs of Taoism life. (I am now 27)

Yeah 4 yrs old!:rolleyes:

EVERYONE is on Taos's path, from birth! You started a bit late there!

You are too young to know anything about what you are doing. And age DOES matter. The "AGE DOESN'T MATTER" argument is only spouted by the young who don't know anything, but THINK they do! You don't understand this because you are so young. It won't make any sense to you for another 15-20 years, if you grow up at all!

CYMac
04-20-2011, 06:55 PM
Yeah 4 yrs old!:rolleyes:

EVERYONE is on Taos's path, from birth! You started a bit late there!

You are too young to know anything about what you are doing. And age DOES matter. The "AGE DOESN'T MATTER" argument is only spouted by the young who don't know anything, but THINK they do! You don't understand this because you are so young. It won't make any sense to you for another 15-20 years, if you grow up at all!

Starting from four is my life, and it's just something that happen this way. You see, there are Taoist in other places that start from a very young age, like some in Wudang started to learn TAoist kungfu since 4-6 and then grow up to be master around age of 25-27 already, or even earlier. What's so surprising? If you are in a well, of course you cannot see the outer world. So laugh as much as you want, it's just a closed up world around you.

CYMac
04-20-2011, 07:06 PM
Business or Temple?

Make up your mind, 10th Son...

The temple is a business, not a charity, don't you get it? It's registered as LTD.

Scott R. Brown
04-20-2011, 07:26 PM
Starting from four is my life, and it's just something that happen this way. You see, there are Taoist in other places that start from a very young age, like some in Wudang started to learn TAoist kungfu since 4-6 and then grow up to be master around age of 25-27 already, or even earlier. What's so surprising? If you are in a well, of course you cannot see the outer world. So laugh as much as you want, it's just a closed up world around you.

Uh Huh!!!!

Nice logic!

Wudang starts young = YOU started young!

Wudang has Masters at 27 = YOU are a Master at 27!

Just because someone calls a 27 yr old Wudanger a Master, DOESN'T make them a Master!

Just because you call yourself a Master, DOESN'T make you a Master!

At 27 you are still a child in Tao! You won't understand until you are older and IF you grow up! With your fantasy making you money and making you feel important, THAT is doubtful!:eek:

The temple is a business, not a charity, don't you get it? It's registered as LTD.

We get it!! You are in it FOR THE MONEY!

NOT for Tao!!!

You aren't THAT difficult to figure out! You are only complicated and SPECIAL in your own mind!

CYMac
04-20-2011, 07:28 PM
Uh Huh!!!!

Nice logic!

Wudang starts young = YOU started young!

Wudang has Masters at 27 = YOU are a Master at 27!

Just because someone calls a 27 yr old Wudanger a Master, DOESN'T make them a Master!

Just because you call yourself a Master, DOESN'T make you a Master!

At 27 you are still a child in Tao! You won't understand until you are older and IF you grow up! With your fantasy making you money and making you feel important, THAT is doubtful!:eek:

We get it!! You are in it FOR THE MONEY!

NOT for Tao!!!

You aren't THAT difficult to figure out! You are only complicated and SPECIAL in your own mind!

I GOT THE TAO and so I now want the money, haha! So are you ready to pay me anything for my "bull****" that you long wanted? Maybe a Tao.Gun would be too dangerous for you with this kind of temper, how about a wooden sword? then you can play sword fight with me... haha!

Scott R. Brown
04-20-2011, 07:51 PM
I GOT THE TAO and so I now want the money, haha! So are you ready to pay me anything for my "bull****" that you long wanted? Maybe a Tao.Gun would be too dangerous for you with this kind of temper, how about a wooden sword? then you can play sword fight with me... haha!

I've had my own guns!

I am not foolish, like your clients, I don't pay for what is free by nature!

You are the only angry one I see here, running to Gene to cry about TGY and locking all your threads because no one here is as stupid as your clients and buys your bull!

CYMac
04-20-2011, 08:05 PM
I've had my own guns!

I am not foolish, like your clients, I don't pay for what is free by nature!

You are the only angry one I see here, running to Gene to cry about TGY and locking all your threads because no one here is as stupid as your clients and buys your bull!

ha~ so what guns do you have? I guess Gene don't mind we go off topic more here then. Did you get your PAL?

Scott R. Brown
04-20-2011, 08:10 PM
ha~ so what guns do you have? I guess Gene don't mind we go off topic more here then. Did you get your PAL?

I sold them all.

2 glocks, 9mm and .45, a .22 semi-auto colt, mini14 tricked out as a sniper rifle, and a CAR-15!

KC Elbows
04-20-2011, 08:16 PM
I'm confused. Who is the People's Front of Taoism, and who is the Taoist People's Front?

Blessed are the cheesemakers!

Scott R. Brown
04-20-2011, 08:17 PM
I'm confused. Who is the People's Front of Taoism, and who is the Taoist People's Front?

Blessed are the cheesemakers!

Splitters:mad:!!!!!!!

David Jamieson
04-20-2011, 08:20 PM
I will give you a shiny smiley icon if you use the word "whippersnapper" Scott.

Lol! You went for the full "old coot" up there! :p:D

*ahem...;)

Scott R. Brown
04-20-2011, 08:22 PM
I will give you a shiny smiley icon if you use the word "whippersnapper" Scott.

Lol! You went for the full "old coot" up there! :p:D

*ahem...;)

Sometimes you HAVE to go Old Coot on these young whippersnappers, or they start getting to big for their breeches!!! <Toothless, gummy mouthed, crazy old coot laugh>

CYMac
04-20-2011, 08:24 PM
I sold them all.

2 glocks, 9mm and .45, a .22 semi-auto colt, mini14 tricked out as a sniper rifle, and a CAR-15!

black market or illegal? where is your PAL with restricted weapon license? sold them all, yeah, nice try. kid.

Scott R. Brown
04-20-2011, 08:29 PM
black market or illegal? where is your PAL with restricted weapon license? sold them all, yeah, nice try. kid.

Not EVERYONE lives in Canada you know!

I didn't need a license at the time! I had a license to kill! Once I quit that line of work, I sold all my guns.

I am dangerous enough with my hands anyway. Guns are for wannabes!

CYMac
04-20-2011, 08:32 PM
Not EVERYONE lives in Canada you know!

I didn't need a license at the time! I had a license to kill! Once I quit that line of work, I sold all my guns.

I am dangerous enough with my hands anyway. Guns are for wannabes!

Nice try.

Yeah, I can tell you I have a lot of things too, but I sold them. I used to have a castle, but I sold it long time ago. Yeah, nice try. Great to see you talking about guns but too bad, I can't see a photo of you with it or a video with it. That's just not too convincing.

Scott R. Brown
04-20-2011, 08:38 PM
Nice try.

Yeah, I can tell you I have a lot of things too, but I sold them. I used to have a castle, but I sold it long time ago. Yeah, nice try. Great to see you talking about guns but too bad, I can't see a photo of you with it or a video with it. That's just not too convincing.

It is not my purpose to convince you of anything!

Not everyone is a psycho narcissist who shows pix and vids of his psycho narcissism for the world to laugh at!

That is just YOU! The fact you cannot recognize that is the demonstration of your psycho narcissism!

CYMac
04-20-2011, 08:41 PM
It is not my purpose to convince you of anything!

Not everyone is a psycho narcissist who shows pix and vids of his psycho narcissism for the world to laugh at!

That is just YOU! The fact you cannot recognize that is the demonstration of your psycho narcissism!

It's okay, if you don't have them, it's okay. Jealousy is one of the "heart devil" you know? (I am sure you like this term). Anyway, I think it would be nice to show what you have in the "PAST" (guns) just to share some joyful moment with others. I show mine because I feel happy with them and so I think others will feel happy to see them too. It's call "sharing your happiness".

You live in a lost world? (as your profile say), yeah, I can see, it's too obvious you are lost in life too.

Scott R. Brown
04-20-2011, 08:47 PM
It's okay, if you don't have them, it's okay. Jealousy is one of the "heart devil" you know? (I am sure you like this term). Anyway, I think it would be nice to show what you have in the "PAST" (guns) just to share some joyful moment with others. I show mine because I feel happy with them and so I think others will feel happy to see them too. It's call "sharing your happiness".

Another sign of narcissism....believing your happiness is everyone else's happiness!

You show your guns because you are a psycho nut!

You live in a lost world? (as your profile say), yeah, I can see, it's too obvious you are lost in life too.

If you understood Tao at all, even in the smallest bit you would have understood what that means!

CYMac
04-20-2011, 08:49 PM
Another sign of narcissism....believing your happiness is everyone else's happiness!

You show your guns because you are a psycho nut!

If you understood Tao at all, even in the smallest bit you would have understood what that means!

I just understand your period is coming, did you buy your gun yet? In cantonese, WHITE SUN GUN. If you have a problem guessing what that is, go to a Chinese and ask them for it. I think they will be happy to help you out.

taai gihk yahn
04-21-2011, 04:07 AM
I sold them all.

waitaminit - if you sold them ALL< then what are u using w the 10x scope across the street? are you saying that after al this you are NOT going to kill me?!? or, is this just a clever ruse to lull me into a false sense of security...

Sometimes you HAVE to go Old Coot on these young whippersnappers, or they start getting to big for their breeches!!! <Toothless, gummy mouthed, crazy old coot laugh>
http://www.asterix.com/encyclopedie/personnages/perso/g03b.gif

taai gihk yahn
04-21-2011, 04:09 AM
I just understand your period is coming, did you buy your gun yet? In cantonese, WHITE SUN GUN. If you have a problem guessing what that is, go to a Chinese and ask them for it. I think they will be happy to help you out.

look, you were fun for a while, but you are starting to get a little boring w the same routine over and over; also, we have a guy on here, Hendrick, who actually has more or less the same schtick as you do in a lot of ways, so unfortunately you are derivative and don't even know it (yeah, i know, life's not fair, but whadayawant); you need to raise the bar on your material a bit, otherwise people will stop wanting to pay with you; so please do something about it, it's two more days before the weekend...

Scott R. Brown
04-21-2011, 04:14 AM
waitaminit - if you sold them ALL< then what are u using w the 10x scope across the street? are you saying that after al this you are NOT going to kill me?!? or, is this just a clever ruse to lull me into a false sense of security...

http://www.asterix.com/encyclopedie/personnages/perso/g03b.gif

I don't recall ever saying I have a rifle too! I am pretty sure I only mentioned the 10x scope!

You don't think I want to actually hurt anyone do you?? Well anyone but YOU that is!!!

I will probably end up dropping your son's piano on you or put you in one of those PT machines and run it on high til it pulls your arms and legs off your body or something!

You know us Arch-Enemies.....we can't do anything simple and easy. It MUST be as complicated as possible and give you ample opportunities to escape, turn the tables and foil our plans of world domination!

Just so we can try it all again later!!!

What would the fun be of a simple bullet in the brain.....THAT is for amateurs!:mad:

CYMac
04-21-2011, 05:56 AM
Maybe it's time to get a musical piece playing....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w80qPpOTzfc

taai gihk yahn
04-21-2011, 06:30 AM

Christ - it's actually the best thing you've posted to date - you should drop the Pilsbury Dough Boy Fu and focus on this

CYMac
04-21-2011, 06:34 AM
Christ - it's actually the best thing you've posted to date - you should drop the Pilsbury Dough Boy Fu and focus on this

Wait, that piece of music IS a Taoism piece.. argh... I have lots of musical instrument in the temple for EXORCISM. Now that's something you don't want to get into... HAHA!

Felt purified?

David Jamieson
04-21-2011, 06:54 AM

Nice piece! Well played as well. :)

CYMac
04-21-2011, 07:00 AM
Nice piece! Well played as well. :)

Thanks. It's actually taught to me by Taoverse Deity. I never took any fluet lessons in my life.. school's music class don't allow me to play anything by the clarinet before.. sucks.. (I know, people will think I am crazy again, but hey, it works for me, who cares)

taai gihk yahn
04-21-2011, 07:19 AM
Thanks. It's actually taught to me by Taoverse Deity
see, you had to go all weird-cakes and ruin the toe-hold you'd established;

sad, really...

David Jamieson
04-21-2011, 07:23 AM
hmmmn.

I dunno. the force for jedi, the holy spirit for trinity believing christians, the tao for taoists, the tathagata womb for buddhists, prana for hindus, ruach for jews, and so on and so forth, it's all the same stuff with different names applied according to cultural context and understanding isn't it?

Some people have music in them and were not taught except by observation or will to do so applied over and over again. this is how I came to learn to play the guitar.

I attribute it to perseverance, diligence and simply being human.

Others do not give themselves attribution for the hard work they do to become a better human. I am not sure why. :)

CYMac
04-21-2011, 07:23 AM
see, you had to go all weird-cakes and ruin the toe-hold you'd established;

sad, really...

Not really, not really, it's not too weird for ya.

CYMac
04-21-2011, 07:26 AM
hmmmn.

I dunno. the force for jedi, the holy spirit for trinity believing christians, the tao for taoists, the tathagata womb for buddhists, prana for hindus, ruach for jews, and so on and so forth, it's all the same stuff with different names applied according to cultural context and understanding isn't it?

Some people have music in them and were not taught except by observation or will to do so applied over and over again. this is how I came to learn to play the guitar.

I attribute it to perseverance, diligence and simply being human.

Others do not give themselves attribution for the hard work they do to become a better human. I am not sure why. :)

Not really, Taoism is not same as other things your describe, at least not buddhism and star wars.. haha!

I have tried playing the flute myself before but were never getting cloes to anything. Until 2009, the flute music change after listening to Taoverse Deity's advice to train in a different way and change the breathings and how to set the mood on the melody. It's not something I can get without his help though. I was trying the dizi since grade 7.. never got a chance to be good...

sanjuro_ronin
04-21-2011, 10:27 AM
I've been doing MA for over 30 years, going to be 33 years this October to be exact.
Have learned and trained in Canada, Europe and Asia.
I can't even begin to fathom being comfortable with ANYONE calling me "master" or anything like that.

Scott R. Brown
04-21-2011, 10:38 AM
My opinion is, anyone who can play that god awful traditional Chinese opera music can exorcise demons! It doesn't take any special Taoverse Diety training. Only a bunch of poorly trained guys, playing out of tune musical instruments, while each one is playing a different melody off key!

That would scare the SH!T out of anyone, anything!:eek:

lkfmdc
04-21-2011, 10:45 AM
I can't even begin to fathom being comfortable with ANYONE calling me "master"

just remember to use a "safe word" and it will all be ok, trust me big guy ;)

sanjuro_ronin
04-21-2011, 10:56 AM
bwwwaaahhhhh !!! !!!

taai gihk yahn
04-21-2011, 11:07 AM
Thanks. It's actually taught to me by Taoverse Deity. I never took any fluet lessons in my life.. school's music class don't allow me to play anything by the clarinet before.. sucks.. (I know, people will think I am crazy again, but hey, it works for me, who cares)

The Secret Power of CYMac's Flute Playing Revealed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMIC0G2ZJtA&feature=related)

ironclaw1981
04-21-2011, 11:15 AM
this is by far the funniest thread ever!!

Scott R. Brown
04-21-2011, 11:16 AM

So.....you have had experience with this sort of thing??:eek:

Lucas
04-21-2011, 11:22 AM
So.....you have had experience with this sort of thing??:eek:

ask david carradine... :eek:

Iron_Eagle_76
04-21-2011, 11:23 AM
I've been doing MA for over 30 years, going to be 33 years this October to be exact.
Have learned and trained in Canada, Europe and Asia.
I can't even begin to fathom being comfortable with ANYONE calling me "master" or anything like that.

This above all is why anyone who takes the title of "master" and makes their students call them that is an overgrown, childish, narcissistic a**clown of the highest order. There are exceptions of course that inhabit this site:

Iron_Eagle_76- Glorified Pagan Kickboxer- Grand Master

Sanjuro Ronin- Master Shaman of Nekkidd Pics- (He has many worshippers)

Lucas- Master Dog Whisperer

LKFMDC- Master of Disguise (1,000 accounts and still going strong)

Bawang- Blazin Asian for White Womans- Uber Grand Master

David Jameison- Glorified Masonic Canadian Conspirator's Union- Grand Pooba

Scott R. Brown- Wocksimagagulous Tao U Do- High Priest

taai gihk yahn- Fraud Salad With Ranch Dressing- Master Chef

KC Elbows- Master Conspirator (Or is it Conspirator Master?)

Ten Tigers- Master Baiter (He's a really good fisherman for all you dirty minds:p)

Gene Ching- Holy Trinity of Nachos, Ninjettes, and Nincompoops (Super Uber Grand Master)

Sorry if I missed anyone. We are all masters of our own destiny.:D

David Jamieson
04-21-2011, 11:28 AM
we need a guy for when we go fishing.

:p

*edit

nevermind...sorry tt... give ya some privacy there... :D

Hey how come i get the conspiracy stuff?
That's what's his nuts.

bawang
04-21-2011, 11:30 AM
i am super duper grand master extreme to the max

lkfmdc
04-21-2011, 11:31 AM
this is by far the funniest thread ever!!

you must have missed the doo wai thread(s) :D

Scott R. Brown
04-21-2011, 11:37 AM
This above all is why anyone who takes the title of "master" and makes their students call them that is an overgrown, childish, narcissistic a**clown of the highest order.

Which is exactly why I do not associate any longer with the leaders of my first martial art. Once they started calling each other Master and Grand Master I knew it was time to get out!

lkfmdc
04-21-2011, 11:43 AM
I prefer "his satanic majesty"

http://www.feelnumb.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/satanic_big.jpg

you MUST wear the hat of I won't let you train

Lucas
04-21-2011, 11:45 AM
i didnt know you trained carrot top to be a wizard!

Scott R. Brown
04-21-2011, 11:46 AM
Looks like someone went on the Magical Mystery Tour!:eek:

Iron_Eagle_76
04-21-2011, 11:54 AM
Looks like someone went on the Magical Mystery Tour!:eek:

And they went with these guys!!:eek::D

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d21/black_palidin/knightswhosaynimotivation.jpg

Lucas
04-21-2011, 11:55 AM
actually...those are the knights who used to say ni... :p

trust me, im a master dog whisperer, i know these things.

Iron_Eagle_76
04-21-2011, 11:59 AM
Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptang Zoo Boing Zow Zing

Lucas
04-21-2011, 12:01 PM
Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptang Zoo Boing Zow Zing

you sir are definately at the very least a great grand master.

taai gihk yahn
04-21-2011, 12:53 PM

Uki?

HW108?

Hendrick?

c'mon...

Scott R. Brown
04-21-2011, 01:07 PM

Uki?

HW108?

Hendrick?

c'mon...

Some are "masters of their own destiny"......while others are only "masters of their domain"!:eek:

lkfmdc
04-21-2011, 01:10 PM
Some are "masters of their own destiny"......while others are only "masters of their domain"!:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArSLNJNUEIM&feature=grec_index

Scott R. Brown
04-21-2011, 01:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArSLNJNUEIM&feature=grec_index

Are you following me are you a stalker are you I never had a stalker before what's it like being a stalker is it fun is it dangerous does it get boring I wanna be a stalker can you show me how to be a stalker can I be your apprentice stalker we can be a stalker team or you could stalk me while I stalk you do you have to have a safe word for your prey am I you prey or are you just bored cuz if you are just bored then you are not really a stalker and i can't be your apprentice and that would be disappointing you are..........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........

CYMac
04-21-2011, 11:40 PM
Hey guys, don't forget Master McPorcupine, he is the founder of Porcupine Lightning Fist and the Porcupine Thundering Sword! :)

Violent Designs
04-22-2011, 04:16 AM
my penus hurts :(

taai gihk yahn
04-22-2011, 04:18 AM
Hey guys, don't forget Master McPorcupine, he is the founder of Porcupine Lightning Fist and the Porcupine Thundering Sword! :)

dude, self-denigration as a tactic for gaining social acceptance only works if you actually don't take yourself and what you do that seriously...

Eric Olson
04-22-2011, 04:44 AM
To understand how it STARTED you need to familiarize yourself with terms like Confucius, ancestor worship and filial piety. Look 'em up!

EO

taai gihk yahn
04-22-2011, 05:00 AM
To understand how it STARTED you need to familiarize yourself with terms like Confucius, ancestor worship and filial piety. Look 'em up!

EO

in CYMac's case, I'd also take a peek at a few of the DSM-IV axes...

Eric Olson
04-22-2011, 05:15 AM
in CYMac's case, I'd also take a peek at a few of the DSM-IV axes...

Bwahahaha!:D

EO

bawang
04-22-2011, 10:06 AM
my penus hurts :(

have u tried rubbing mayonaise on it and walk slow toward a pack of wild racoons

Scott R. Brown
04-22-2011, 11:48 AM
have u tried rubbing mayonaise on it and walk slow toward a pack of wild racoons

Uh........that should be wild McPorcupines!

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha..........Deep Inhale.......Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha........

I KILL ME!:D

CYMac
04-24-2011, 04:43 AM

bawang, you suck!

bawang
04-24-2011, 06:24 AM
are you threatening me?

CYMac
04-24-2011, 06:45 AM
are you threatening me?

Sorry, that's not me, it's my pet Domokun, he is just cute, love to chew up every single thing he see...

curenado
04-24-2011, 05:18 PM
The US regards ALL churches as businesses...it is the legal definition even if it just a place of gathering or worship.
I don't know about the big business guy and the various levels etc - but you might as well call any fat baptist or self contained buddhist because the answer there is the same - even if some of us find that a little degrading.

mooyingmantis
04-24-2011, 05:32 PM
The US regards ALL churches as businesses...it is the legal definition even if it just a place of gathering or worship...

I don't know where you got this information. It is only partially correct.

Churches may register with the US government as non-profit corporations the same as charitable organizations, political organizations, credit unions, etc..

However, a gathering of worshipers need not register. It is only when money comes in to play that registering becomes wise.

curenado
04-24-2011, 05:41 PM
I don't know where you got this information. It is only partially correct.

Churches may register with the US government as non-profit corporations the same as charitable organizations, political organizations, credit unions, etc..

However, a gathering of worshipers need not register. It is only when money comes in to play that registering becomes wise.

Well, I never said anything about whether or not a church is registered.
Whether or not you register your congregation to participate in food charity or for donation purposes, your church is still considered a business - registered or not.

You can gather and conduct all affairs witrhout registering - you are just considered a unregistered business.

mooyingmantis
04-24-2011, 06:03 PM
...your church is still considered a business - registered or not.

And you base this on...? Looking for an official source for your opinion.

SteveLau
04-24-2011, 07:08 PM
Good topic. IMHO, the cult worship mentality starts most of the times from the student himself. Other factors come from the sifu, the school and the martial art world the student is in. We got a name for person who has such mentality - fanatic. In the work place, he is called work fanatic. In the MA world, he is called MA fanatic. To me, it means that the person is over doing this and that in the subject. It is also not very rational behaviour. We should avoid to become one.

Regards,

KC
Hong Kong

CYMac
04-24-2011, 07:54 PM
The US regards ALL churches as businesses...it is the legal definition even if it just a place of gathering or worship.
I don't know about the big business guy and the various levels etc - but you might as well call any fat baptist or self contained buddhist because the answer there is the same - even if some of us find that a little degrading.

We once tried to register to be charity too, non-profit, but we failed to do so because the require is "YOU NEED AT LEAST 3 PEOPLE TO REGISTER ONE CHARITY" So we only have 2, me and my Fiancee and that's it. Most charities are own by a few shareholders, not just one big boss you know? So going on a destiny of business is the only way to go for us and that is why we tell you our temple is a Business, and we registered it as LTD, just to be safe.

bawang
04-24-2011, 07:59 PM
i can help u register for charity

but i want 20%

CYMac
04-25-2011, 12:29 AM
i can help u register for charity

but i want 20%

Rescue your mother first, she need you more.!

I got no interest in registering as a Charity now as I already made up my mind to run the business a business way.

Ray Pina
04-25-2011, 07:50 AM
100% insecure instructors..... teachers with less verifiable credentials, such a fight records, etc. = bigger mouths. When the technique is lacking the shrine has to really shine. Lion Dancing is also good for business/marketing.... anything but putting on the gloves and welcoming all comers. You don't see that very often.

BJJ-Blue
04-25-2011, 08:11 AM
100% insecure instructors..... teachers with less verifiable credentials, such a fight records, etc. = bigger mouths. When the technique is lacking the shrine has to really shine. Lion Dancing is also good for business/marketing.... anything but putting on the gloves and welcoming all comers. You don't see that very often.

So true.

I'll tell you a good story. Here in Austin we have a Tukong school. I've read how the guy who runs it has massively inflated his credentials and how he demands total obedience form the students. He claims this is how it's done in Korea. So the students want to fit in and have the 'real' martial arts experience tought from a master from the home country of that martial art.

So my buddy is at his BJJ school one day and two white women in gis walk in. He goes to greet them. They are there to welcome his school (which isn't new there btw) into the martial arts community or some other bs. But the two women are speaking pidgin English! So he flat out asks them why are talking like that. They answer, but now speak English a bit better, and then they leave upset.

So he tells me this and says I need to go check out their message board. I do. The first thread I see is about gym cleanliness. One of the students said the 'Master' had a small thread on his foot and that this is completely unacceptable. He then says how the lower belts must keep the school spotless and they are lucky it's not Korea or the Master would now refuse to teach them. He also pointed out that the higher belts also have chores too.

So in a nutshell this guy had people who so adored/worshipped him they cleaned his gym to the point of inspecting his feet, spoke with his accent, and yet were paying him to do that. IMO, thats a Martial Art cult.

David Jamieson
04-25-2011, 08:28 AM

Lion Dance is a cultural art form that is related to religious thought. It has actually been preserved through Kung Fu schools.

You don't see challenge acceptance of all comers in any school as far as I can see.
that would be stupid for one thing, problematic as far as the law and insurance goes.

Not even mma schools accept all challengers and what not other BS bravado crap. lol

People will do what they like to do and all detractors can go f*ck themselves basically. That's how it is. :)

Scott R. Brown
04-25-2011, 08:33 AM
So true.

I'll tell you a good story. Here in Austin we have a Tukong school. I've read how the guy who runs it has massively inflated his credentials and how he demands total obedience form the students. He claims this is how it's done in Korea. So the students want to fit in and have the 'real' martial arts experience tought from a master from the home country of that martial art.

So my buddy is at his BJJ school one day and two white women in gis walk in. He goes to greet them. They are there to welcome his school (which isn't new there btw) into the martial arts community or some other bs. But the two women are speaking pidgin English! So he flat out asks them why are talking like that. They answer, but now speak English a bit better, and then they leave upset.

So he tells me this and says I need to go check out their message board. I do. The first thread I see is about gym cleanliness. One of the students said the 'Master' had a small thread on his foot and that this is completely unacceptable. He then says how the lower belts must keep the school spotless and they are lucky it's not Korea or the Master would now refuse to teach them. He also pointed out that the higher belts also have chores too.

So in a nutshell this guy had people who so adored/worshipped him they cleaned his gym to the point of inspecting his feet, spoke with his accent, and yet were paying him to do that. IMO, thats a Martial Art cult.

The cleaning part is proper gym/school etiquette, the other stuff is nutty!

David Jamieson
04-25-2011, 08:34 AM
IMO, thats a Martial Art cult.

Here's all your cult needs
http://www.mmafactory.co.uk/tapout-28-c.asp

:rolleyes:

lol mma is the biggest martial arts cult since wwf (now wwe) wrestling.

in fact, ufc basically is wwe except that there is more hurt.

The averag mma fanboy is 100x more repulsive and culty than a kung fu fanboy. lol

do you not have a television or internet connection?

when will this stupid trollshido floating crap go away?

seriously, if it wasn't for all the whacky and cool things that happen with kung fu, those wankers at trollshido would just be wanking more than they usually do.

Scott R. Brown
04-25-2011, 08:39 AM
CYMac has made it clear he intends "Master" to mean, "teacher" or "instructor". I still don't agree with its usage, because it carries other meanings within our culture and it is associated with NUT jobs.

His fair-to-poor demonstration of his form skill is also acceptable to me because he says he just does it for fun and exercise and I don't think he has called himself a "Master of Kung Fu", although I haven't read his website, but have just read the excerpts cited on the BB here!

If he does and he means "instructor" or "teacher" he should make that clear to his students.

If he wants to fight evil with Taoist magic, that isn't much different than praying for an illness to he healed or to win the lottery in my opinion!

CYMac
04-25-2011, 08:40 AM
Lion Dance is a cultural art form that is related to religious thought. It has actually been preserved through Kung Fu schools.

You don't see challenge acceptance of all comers in any school as far as I can see.
that would be stupid for one thing, problematic as far as the law and insurance goes.

Not even mma schools accept all challengers and what not other BS bravado crap. lol

People will do what they like to do and all detractors can go f*ck themselves basically. That's how it is. :)

http://www.chiinnature.com/images/masters/Taoism_lion_dance.jpg

http://www.chiinnature.com/images/masters/Taoism_Lion_Dance_head.jpg

Right, lion dance is in my lineage and temple as well, that's my fiancee doing the ritual there in the temple, cool eh? we got two lions, one huge big one, usually used by me and my student Tin Wor, another one is in the photo here, small size, used by my fiancee most of the temple, and I do the drumming, it's different from the kungfu lion though, ours is all with magic.

CYMac
04-25-2011, 08:44 AM
CYMac has made it clear he intends "Master" to mean, "teacher" or "instructor". I still don't agree with its usage, because it carries other meanings within our culture and it is associated with NUT jobs.

His fair-to-poor demonstration of his form skill is also acceptable to me because he says he just does it for fun and exercise and I don't think he has called himself a "Master of Kung Fu", although I haven't read his website, but have just read the excerpts cited on the BB here!

If he does and he means "instructor" or "teacher" he should make that clear to his students.

If he wants to fight evil with Taoist magic, that isn't much different than praying for an illness to he healed or to win the lottery in my opinion!

I ain't a kungfu master, I am a Taoist teacher with kungfu to teach. That's it. People call me Mak Jo Si because I am lineage founder of Tin Yat Lineage, and so that makes me a Jo Si. That's it. Simple as that.

Exorcism is not healing illness by praying, we actually fight aggressively in exorcism like how I can machine gun your @ss out before.. oh.. did your back heal up yet from my spikes?

Scott R. Brown
04-25-2011, 08:55 AM
I ain't a kungfu master, I am a Taoist teacher with kungfu to teach. That's it. People call me Mak Jo Si because I am lineage founder of Tin Yat Lineage, and so that makes me a Jo Si. That's it. Simple as that.

Exorcism is not healing illness by praying, we actually fight aggressively in exorcism like how I can machine gun your @ss out before.. oh.. did your back heal up yet from my spikes?

Hey I've had a back injury for almost 25 years. If you want to impress me, HEAL IT!! And while you are at it, HEAL my FRICKIN" hip too!:mad::p

CYMac
04-25-2011, 09:01 AM
Hey I've had a back injury for almost 25 years. If you want to impress me, HEAL IT!! And while you are at it, HEAL my FRICKIN" hip too!:mad::p

Ok.. I will give you some scotch fingers to eat and some brownies as well, that will make you a full person. Don't shove them up your back again! I TOLD YOU NOT TO SHOVE IT UP YOUR BACK!

Exorcism is not about healing sickness. It is only about fixing problem related to spirituals and evils. If you have aches and pain in the body because of injuries, exorcism will not work for you because you find the wrong doctor. If you one day so unfortunate and see ghosts or spirits around, all of a suddent felt something is going wrong and then you started to have series of accidents after that, or you somehow got a friend threaten you with black magic, that's when you need the Mak Jo Si (ME) around.

For kungfu injuries, you just need porcupine cakes, scotch fingers or some brownies and not to forget a cup of my TAOPPACINO

http://makchingyuen.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/taoppacino.jpg
*This is done by my fiancee, guess what, I get these fresh espresso machine brew cappacino everyday, are you just jealous? All I need now is scotch fingers..

Scott R. Brown
04-25-2011, 09:05 AM
**Exorcism is not about healing sickness. It is only about fixing problem related to spirituals and evils. If you have aches and pain in the body because of injuries, exorcism will not work for you because you find the wrong doctor. If you one day so unfortunate and see ghosts or spirits around, all of a suddent felt something is going wrong and then you started to have series of accidents after that, or you somehow got a friend threaten you with black magic, that's when you need the Mak Jo Si (ME) around.

Welll Luckily, EVERYONE LOVES ME!!!

Except for waterquan, but what does he know?

CYMac
04-25-2011, 09:06 AM
Welll Luckily, EVERYONE LOVES ME!!!

Except for waterquan, but what does he know?

aren't you just jealous for the cup of TAO-ppacino? it's great with scotch fingers you know?

CYMac
04-25-2011, 09:07 AM
by the way, you know you taichi logo is going crooked? the black on top, white on bottom? you clip the world over..!

陰升陽降..(yin rise and yang drop), no wonder you always like things at the back.(shove it up again, sigh..)

http://makchingyuen.wordpress.com/2011/01/18/the-right-taichi-logo/

Scott R. Brown
04-25-2011, 09:17 AM
by the way, you know you taichi logo is going crooked? the black on top, white on bottom? you clip the world over..!

陰升陽降..(yin rise and yang drop), no wonder you always like things at the back.(shove it up again, sigh..)

http://makchingyuen.wordpress.com/2011/01/18/the-right-taichi-logo/

Don't get stuck on appearances, remember it is in constant movement. Eventually, if you watch it long enough, Yang will rise again!

Scott R. Brown
04-25-2011, 09:18 AM
http://makchingyuen.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/taoppacino.jpg
*This is done by my fiancee, guess what, I get these fresh espresso machine brew cappacino everyday, are you just jealous? All I need now is scotch fingers..

Very nice, but I prefer Wulong Tea and Oreos!

TenTigers
04-25-2011, 09:39 AM
Good topic. IMHO, the cult worship mentality starts most of the times from the student himself. Other factors come from the sifu, the school and the martial art world the student is in. We got a name for person who has such mentality - fanatic. In the work place, he is called work fanatic. In the MA world, he is called MA fanatic. To me, it means that the person is who doing this and that in the subject. It is also not very rational behaviour. We should avoid to become one.

Regards,

KC
Hong Kong
good point. I notice that no matter how down to earth a teacher may be, there will always be students who put him up on a pedastal. They want their teacher to be the image they have in their mind of the Martial Arts Master.
The problem arises when the teacher, recognizes this and exploits it.

SPJ
04-25-2011, 09:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMBxnBLggHw&feature=related

I worship kung fu kids

for their ethics for work and training.

:cool:

SPJ
04-25-2011, 10:00 AM
das essen ist fertig

the food is ready.

--

Iron_Eagle_76
04-25-2011, 10:10 AM
good point. I notice that no matter how down to earth a teacher may be, there will always be students who put him up on a pedastal. They want their teacher to be the image they have in their mind of the Martial Arts Master.

I do believe that these problems are less common. We are in the age of technology and instant knowledge so it is much easier to research a martial art or person and verify their credentials. The problem, however, is when people don't do the research and simply take the instructor's word as gospel.

Personally with my class there is structure however I do not get into formalities. I believe this gives the students a more at ease mindset to simply work hard and enjoy their training. The problem I believe with many instructors is that they make the class more about them than their students, which is completely opposite of how it should be.

David Jamieson
04-25-2011, 11:10 AM

Another problem presents itself when the teacher assertively rejects this.
A person who has a mind like this must be gradually coaxed away from their desire to have their fantasy.

Having said that, there are plenty of people out there who without rhyme or reason will uphold, support and stand by someone no matter what the reality is.

That's just human nature.
I will tell you though that by rejecting such things from others will make your wallet thin, but your student base will have some talent! :)

TenTigers
04-25-2011, 11:26 AM
[B]Having said that, there are plenty of people out there who without rhyme or reason will uphold, support and stand by someone no matter what the reality is.

oh yeah? None of the women I've dated!:mad:

David Jamieson
04-25-2011, 12:09 PM
oh yeah? None of the women I've dated!:mad:

You need to get married to someone you are able to at least put up with. :)

SPJ
04-25-2011, 01:01 PM
not so much one person idol

but values, ethics

and secret codes or societies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl56_ZP6bI8&feature=related

that bind people together.