PDA

View Full Version : Vitor Belfort out the UFC

Mr. Nemo
09-18-2001, 08:18 PM
Apparently he punched through a window and hurt his arm. Weird. There goes Zuffa's main event - it sucks, I wanted this fight to happen so much. Apparently its still on, but not until the next UFC.

Watchman
09-18-2001, 08:24 PM
Did the worm make him do it? :rolleyes:

Now I'm glad my plans to go down to Vegas for the event never went through. Better luck next time.

Stranger
09-18-2001, 08:56 PM
Those roids we'll make you cranky.

I don't get mad.
I get stabby.

JWTAYLOR
09-18-2001, 08:57 PM
Well I guess that means Tito really does win, "hands down".

JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

Mr. Nemo
09-18-2001, 09:34 PM
There's talk of him fighting Ken Shamrock instead, but that might just be talk. In fact, I think it probably is, given the short notice.

qeySuS
09-18-2001, 10:12 PM
I dont think it's like he pulled a muscle or something, i think he got a very deep cut into his tricep etc.

Here's the full story of SherDog, now i'm not sure about some of the words used so you tell me :)

"Belfort out of UFC 33

Vitor Belfort suffered an injury to his right arm during training, which will prevent him from competing against Tito Ortiz for the UFC light heavyweight title at UFC 33: Victory in Vegas.

Belfort suffered a deep laceration of his arm. There was a partial tear of the tricep muscle and some tendon damage, which required surgery. "It is impossible for him to fight," said Belfort's doctor.

Ortiz's new opponent has not yet been determined."

And that word would be "Laceration" I think it means cut but hey i dont know :)

Free thinkers are dangerous!

jimmy23
09-18-2001, 10:15 PM
Im just wondering how you "accidently" punch through a window during training.

"You guys have obviously never done any real fighting if you are mocking spitting"
Spinning Backfist

SifuAbel
09-18-2001, 10:16 PM
laceration
n 1: a torn ragged wound

Those roid do make you cranky. And please no "He doesn't use riods!!!" They both had roid face.

Its dangerous to think you are immortal.
sifuabel@yahoo.com

JWTAYLOR
09-18-2001, 10:17 PM
"roid face"

Good lord, could you be any more ignorant?

JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

Martial Joe
09-18-2001, 11:42 PM
good for him...now he has more time to train....aswell as ortis...now those two are going to get even better just because vitor punched a window...thats kinda neat if you think about it...

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif IXIJoe KaveyIXIhttp://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif
I am Sharky's main man...