PDA

View Full Version : Marilyn Davenport Tea Party Racist

SanHeChuan
04-22-2011, 07:51 PM
Tea Party activist sends email depicting Barack Obama as a chimpanzee (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/us-election/8457101/Tea-Party-activist-sends-email-depicting-Barack-Obama-as-a-chimpanzee.html)

Marilyn Davenport Speaks: Author of Obama-Ape Email is Sorry (http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2011/04/marilyn_davenport_speaks_autho.php)

BJJ-Blue
04-25-2011, 07:05 AM
It happens on both sides, so why is this a big deal?

I mean, the current President of the United States sat and listened to some guy spew hate and racism for 20 years.

Drake
04-25-2011, 03:02 PM

I mean, the current President of the United States sat and listened to some guy spew hate and racism for 20 years.

And he was also heavily criticized and condemned.

BJJ-Blue
04-26-2011, 07:04 AM
And he was also heavily criticized and condemned.

And that makes it ok to listen to a racist spew his garbage for 20 years?

I've been to my share of churches, and I live in the South. If I'd ever heard anyone say anything like that guy did about ANY other races, I'd get up and leave in the middle of the 'sermon' and would never return. I darn sure wouldn't go back every Sunday for 20 years.

MasterKiller
04-26-2011, 08:15 AM

I've been to my share of churches, and I live in the South. If I'd ever heard anyone say anything like that guy did about ANY other races, I'd get up and leave in the middle of the 'sermon' and would never return. I darn sure wouldn't go back every Sunday for 20 years.

You live in the Southwest, not the South. Two different beasts entirely.

BJJ-Blue
04-26-2011, 08:55 AM
You live in the Southwest, not the South. Two different beasts entirely.

Agreed.

But you know as well as I do that some people think of the whole South the same way, and that Texas did join the Confederacy.

And we both know geography and history isn't the point of this thread anyway. ;)

Drake
04-26-2011, 08:58 AM

Why are we deflecting? We already know all about that one. You may stop the threadjack now.

Point is, the tea party, already becoming infamous for racism, just put out a VERY racist photo. That is what we are discussing. Another confirmation of tea party racism. If you want to talk about something different, start another thread.

BJJ-Blue
04-26-2011, 10:46 AM
Why are we deflecting? We already know all about that one. You may stop the threadjack now.

Point is, the tea party, already becoming infamous for racism, just put out a VERY racist photo. That is what we are discussing. Another confirmation of tea party racism. If you want to talk about something different, start another thread.

My point is when you take a large group of people, you will always find a few bad apples in the bunch. If you judge a whole group by the actions of a few, isn't that called stereotyping?

Drake
04-26-2011, 12:27 PM
My point is when you take a large group of people, you will always find a few bad apples in the bunch. If you judge a whole group by the actions of a few, isn't that called stereotyping?

The problem is, it keeps popping up with those guys.

BJJ-Blue
04-26-2011, 12:30 PM
The problem is, it keeps popping up with those guys.

And it keeps popping up on the other side too.

Drake
04-26-2011, 12:34 PM
And it keeps popping up on the other side too.

I've only seen it from a rogue preacher who was promptly excluded from the President's life.

BJJ-Blue
04-26-2011, 12:38 PM
I've only seen it from a rogue preacher who was promptly excluded from the President's life.

You must not have heard of Robert Byrd.

So are you saying the man sitting in the Oval Office was clueless enough to follow a rogue, racist preacher for 20 years and not know it?

David Jamieson
04-26-2011, 01:33 PM
You must not have heard of Robert Byrd.

So are you saying the man sitting in the Oval Office was clueless enough to follow a rogue, racist preacher for 20 years and not know it?

You simply cannot stop Black men from pointing out what oppressive jerks white men were for hundreds of years.

You cannot wipe clean the sins of your fathers by pointing at the failing of one man who was effected by those sins.

I don't think Obama is stupid enough to "follow" any preacher.

anyway, I think it's funny that the only dirt that can be dug up on Obama is a reference to this jerk pastor, who isn't Obama and has no say on the policies he shapes or some imaginary birth scandal, or cocaine fueled chicago politics, or this, that or any of the other unfounded and stupid accusations that are leveled at the man.

Freaking STICK to the real issues and perhaps tea baggers won't be seen as a bunch of friggin moronic racist idiots who never made it through middle school by all appearances.

Call him on his failure to close Gitmo.
Call him on his failure to end the Iraqi conflict equitably.
Call him on his secret war on Pakistan
Call him on the unjust actions being taken against Libya
Call him on the Nafta arrangements

Call him on something reasonabl instead of this tea party jibberjabber crap.

teaparty=nonsense and morons for the simple reason, they cannot speak to an issue effectively and keep getting back humped by the likes of attention w hores such as Palin or any other idiot who wants to screech out a yee haw I hate Obama the monkey man crap.

lol

Reality_Check
04-27-2011, 07:19 AM

Instead of just saying she was wrong, you used the "but others do it too" argument. I stopped using that by the time I was a teenager.

Pot meet kettle...

KC Elbows
04-27-2011, 03:17 PM
It is different when it's a tea party leader who claims to be unaware that posting a picture of a black man as a primate is assinine behavior. It's not some dude doodling in the bathroom stall at his job at the plant, it actually is news. Not surprising news, but news nonetheless.