PDA

View Full Version : How do you store your weapons?

CYMac
04-24-2011, 04:23 AM
This is how I store my weapons in my apartment unit, how do you store yours? (this photo is taken in around Feb or Mar 2010, I have got more weapons as time goes on and now it's really a mess!!!~

Anybody like to share their photos of weapon storage?

Frost
04-24-2011, 08:50 AM
i sotre my weapon in my boxers lol

just out of interest can you atcually fight with any of them?

CYMac
04-24-2011, 08:51 AM
i sotre my weapon in my boxers lol

just out of interest can you atcually fight with any of them?

No, I don't fight with weapons. they are for kungfu only.

David Jamieson
04-24-2011, 08:52 AM
On a rack stand.

I don't have anywhere near the amount of old weapons you have.
nice collection.

Frost
04-24-2011, 08:55 AM

so do you practise with all of them,

CYMac
04-24-2011, 09:07 AM
so do you practise with all of them,

Yes indeed, I do practice with all of them. At least 2 forms for each weapons for sure if talking about uncommon ones. Common one like swords and stuff have over 10 forms for sure. (swords, broadsword, spears, staff, kwan dao, pu dao, are common ones as I consider..)

CYMac
04-24-2011, 09:10 AM
On a rack stand.

I don't have anywhere near the amount of old weapons you have.
nice collection.

Yeah I thought of a rack before but it just looks impossible now with over 80 weapons around.. sigh.. that's only the weapons at home. In our temple, it's another double.. I used something from home depot for storing rakes and shovels in the temple for it, cheap and nice

EarthDragon
04-24-2011, 09:40 AM

so your kung fu is not for fighting? are you a wushu practioner? your posts really makes me wonder what your path is, not that there anythign wrong with it, just very confusing. thanks in advance

SPJ
04-24-2011, 09:55 AM
I actually let my weapons lie on the floor

if you lean your weapons with long poles against the wall

over time, they will bend or not straight any more.

--

SPJ
04-24-2011, 09:56 AM
among your collection

I like the shuo with hooks

shuo is the weapon that lu bu used.

:)

CYMac
04-24-2011, 10:00 AM
so your kung fu is not for fighting? are you a wushu practioner? your posts really makes me wonder what your path is, not that there anythign wrong with it, just very confusing. thanks in advance

My kungfu is for health and fun. My path, my career (life-time) is a Taoist, Taoism master, temple owner. Teaching "Taoism", Tin Yat Lineage. 天一派 (天一正法). Kungfu is not my main focus, it's just a hobby or side dish for me.

Fighting? I don't fight. If force is needed when threat is in front of me, I shoot with a gun only. That's why I am into guns, that's what I use for self-defense and home-defense, at all time. (I am not joking). Fighting is meaningless to me, I will get hurt or risk to get hurt. I won't risk my life or my fiancee's life by fighting. If I need to fight for my life, I will shoot a bullet, lethal and clean, great stopping power and no need to worry about your daily condition as well.

Did I make myself clear enough? I have no idea why people all try to gang up on me before but maybe they also confused the same thing.

*I am not a wushu practitioner either. I am a Taoist.

SPJ
04-24-2011, 10:03 AM
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b343/SPJ/bbee3c58fe20568b9d820444.jpg

CYMac
04-24-2011, 10:04 AM
I actually let my weapons lie on the floor

if you lean your weapons with long poles against the wall

over time, they will bend or not straight any more.

--

Yes, that is right, but if you use it daily, it will not bend at all, I have stored my white wax wood staff for 3 years against the wall, nothing happen. Still very straight. Just don't have too much moisture in the house. PLUS you must know how to take care of the weapons yourself by doing cleaning, sanding, oiling and all kinds of maintenance job.

For white wax wood staff, you can sand it all, then re-oil it, and after a day, it will be BETTER than brand new~ that's just my experience, haha!

CYMac
04-24-2011, 10:05 AM
among your collection

I like the shuo with hooks

shuo is the weapon that lu bu used.

Shuo? do you have a Chinese word for it? I am confused, is it the hook?

SPJ
04-24-2011, 10:09 AM
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b343/SPJ/13353906_91n.jpg

SPJ
04-24-2011, 10:10 AM
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b343/SPJ/01200000013592115078764647432.jpg

SPJ
04-24-2011, 10:14 AM
Shuo? do you have a Chinese word for it? I am confused, is it the hook?

梭 this may not be the correct character. but it is the closest one I can find.

suo means shuttle

wooden one for weaving silk threads into a piece of cloth.

the weapon with surrated edges. spear like-- is called suo.

---

SPJ
04-24-2011, 10:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxRbzr7U57Q&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1athsVaM4c&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLS83vFRQjQ&feature=related

SPJ
04-24-2011, 10:26 AM
lu bu weapon is called fang tian ji

square heaven ji.

:cool:

CYMac
04-24-2011, 11:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS1U85l0tec

This? Tin Yat's lineage kungfu. The form name is Yuen Chi Tin Juen 18 Roads Heavenly Halberd (ji) 天一元始天尊十八路轟天戟

ManilaCrane
04-24-2011, 02:01 PM
This is how i store my weapons lol

http://www.mangareader.net/215-46730-12/medaka-box/chapter-36.html

YouKnowWho
04-24-2011, 02:26 PM
梭 this may not be the correct character. but it is the closest one I can find.

suo means shuttle

wooden one for weaving silk threads into a piece of cloth.

the weapon with surrated edges. spear like-- is called suo.

---

梭(Suo) is a throwing weapon. it comes with 1/2 lb to 1 lb. The difference between 梭(Suo) and 镖(Biao) is 镖(Biao) has tassel attached to one end. The 梭(Suo) doesn't have tassel attached to it and it's sharp on bothe end.

Scott R. Brown
04-24-2011, 03:39 PM
My kungfu is for health and fun. My path, my career (life-time) is a Taoist, Taoism master, temple owner. Teaching "Taoism", Tin Yat Lineage. 天一派 (天一正法). Kungfu is not my main focus, it's just a hobby or side dish for me.

Fighting? I don't fight. If force is needed when threat is in front of me, I shoot with a gun only. That's why I am into guns, that's what I use for self-defense and home-defense, at all time. (I am not joking). Fighting is meaningless to me, I will get hurt or risk to get hurt. I won't risk my life or my fiancee's life by fighting. If I need to fight for my life, I will shoot a bullet, lethal and clean, great stopping power and no need to worry about your daily condition as well.

Did I make myself clear enough? I have no idea why people all try to gang up on me before but maybe they also confused the same thing.

*I am not a wushu practitioner either. I am a Taoist.

I have said pretty much the same thing here for years.

Martial Arts are really pretty passe. Bad guys have guns and knives if you don't have one or both, good luck! Look at that MMA guy in the lower thread there, thought he was superman and tried to take out two guys with guns and died. That isn't being heroic, that's being stupid!

JamesC
04-24-2011, 03:41 PM
I have said pretty much the same thing here for years.

Martial Arts are really pretty passe. Bad guys have guns and knives if you don't have one or both, good luck! Lookat thr MMA guy in thr lower thread there, though he was superman and tried to take ooit two guys with guns and died. That isn't being heroic, that's being stupid!

I guess that depends on your profession a lot too. I've been working in a jail for the last 5 years. It's crucial that I know how to fight.

Scott R. Brown
04-24-2011, 03:45 PM
I guess that depends on your profession a lot too. I've been working in a jail for the last 5 years. It's crucial that I know how to fight.

I agree, but I'm posting from my phone and I was to lazy to type that much.

12 years California Department Of Corrections, 9 months as a training member on the SERT team before an injury caused me to resign.

In that Peace Officers do benefit from some specialized training. MMA, Hard Aikido or jujutsu. I've had some of each.

Yung Apprentice
04-24-2011, 03:53 PM
I keep my weapons (guns) in a safe, unless I'm carrying.:D

curenado
04-24-2011, 04:01 PM
1) nice collection

2) Lol about the effectiveness of a bullet and how it prevents blood etching on your practice weapons

3) We have become more okinawan it seems. They are laying all over the farm looking like plain old axes, hatchets, axles and saw blades, etc..
I love the throwing hawk, but have not had a threat yet to see how many it takes to get to the center of a troublesome trespasser.

Scott R. Brown
04-24-2011, 04:08 PM
1) nice collection

2) Lol about the effectiveness of a bullet and how it prevents blood etching on your practice weapons

3) We have become more okinawan it seems. They are laying all over the farm looking like plain old axes, hatchets, axles and saw blades, etc..
I love the throwing hawk, but have not had a threat yet to see how many it takes to get to the center of a troublesome trespasser.

My favorite weapon is a No. 3 or No. 4 pencil!

JamesC
04-24-2011, 04:09 PM
I agree, but I'm posting from my phone and I was to lazy to type that much.

12 years California Department Of Corrections, 9 months as a training member on the SERT team before an injury caused me to resign.

In that Peace Officers do benefit from some specialized training. MMA, Hard Aikido or jujutsu. I've had some of each.

QFT.

This is actually the reason I train Iron Palm. Closed fist striking isn't allowed(unless absolutely necessary), but we can do all the b1tch slapping we want.

Honestly, there are times when i'd rather be hit with a fist than an open hand. Sh1t hurts.

Scott R. Brown
04-24-2011, 04:12 PM
Honestly, there are times when i'd rather be hit with a fist than an open hand. Sh1t hurts.

That it does!

YouKnowWho
04-24-2011, 05:46 PM
I keep my weapons (guns) in a safe, unless I'm carrying.:D
I keep my swords behind all my cabinet doors. I hide my fireman all over my house. If anybody invades my house, I gurantee that person won't be able to walk out of my front door alive. I have stored enough ammo in my house to start WWIII.

After all, there is no crime to talk macho in US. :D

-N-
04-24-2011, 05:58 PM
I hide my fireman all over my house. If anybody invades my house, I gurantee that person won't be able to walk out of my front door alive. I have stored enough ammo in my house to start WWIII.

Do you have guns inside your couch cushions and in your toilet tanks like some people I know? :D

SPJ
04-24-2011, 07:17 PM
This is how I store my weapons in my apartment unit, how do you store yours? (this photo is taken in around Feb or Mar 2010, I have got more weapons as time goes on and now it's really a mess!!!~

Anybody like to share their photos of weapon storage?

the other item of interests to me

the ring next to kettle bells.

I used to practice rings, too, but they are bigger without hooks in side.

---

CYMac
04-24-2011, 07:45 PM
QFT.

This is actually the reason I train Iron Palm. Closed fist striking isn't allowed(unless absolutely necessary), but we can do all the b1tch slapping we want.

Why? I train iron palm too but my fist or anywhere in the body also can strike and give as much pain as the palm. Don't you do the training all around with all movements? I thought some lineages do the training with all sides of the fist/palms, no?

I say I don't fight with kungfu, but my kungfu is also capable of fighting as well, just to be not a "hollow man". Not joking, seriously, my kungfu better gotta be lethal or else it won't satisfy me.

Bringing up this point, I have a 100lb punching bag at home, but it is so hilarious.. when I first bought it home, I was like.. HOLY SH~T... where the heck on earth can I put this stand?! My apartment unit is like so packed already.... after a while.. the bag goes into my bedroom.. hahahah!

Where you guys put the heavy bag? (with stand?)

CYMac
04-24-2011, 07:46 PM
the other item of interests to me

the ring next to kettle bells.

I used to practice rings, too, but they are bigger without hooks in side.

---

Ah~ I know what you mean with that ring. Yeah, it's a heavy duty one, combat steel one, surely a good workout. I just do some taichi wheel form with it. There are 2 roads. quite cool too, what's your way of exercising your rings?

CYMac
04-24-2011, 07:47 PM
I keep my swords behind all my cabinet doors. I hide my fireman all over my house. If anybody invades my house, I gurantee that person won't be able to walk out of my front door alive. I have stored enough ammo in my house to start WWIII.

After all, there is no crime to talk macho in US. :D

Cabinet doors? how? can you show me photo of it?

You live in US? which state?

CYMac
04-24-2011, 07:50 PM
1) nice collection

Thanks~

If you have ever realize, kungfu weapons are better off unsharpen and made to "not combatable". It's cheaper, and all you need is that weight. Using sharpen swords and stuff CAN give you some injuries by accident once in a while, then it really hurts... you! HAHA!

I was playing with that spike head staff (wolf teeth), at first it seems okay, but when I tried to limit my movements (because I do it in my limited space condo) I once accidentally scratched it on my leg and all I can see is blood dripping on the carpet like hell................(IT'S SHARP!)

bawang
04-24-2011, 08:00 PM
have u tried rubbing mayonaise on it

CYMac
04-24-2011, 09:24 PM
have u tried rubbing mayonaise on it

When do you manage to rescue your mother? She say you always used up the bottle at home... Luckily you do not have much racoons around. now rescue your mother!

TenTigers
04-25-2011, 09:11 AM
I think the most effective implement in your collection would be that floor lamp....

bawang
04-25-2011, 09:12 AM
i think choy lee fut has a floor lamp form

SPJ
04-25-2011, 09:14 AM
there is also a bench form

during 1960s or cultural revolution,

there are broom stick forms and many other.

since all the metal ware was "summoned" to produce steel

--

:(

TenTigers
04-25-2011, 09:15 AM
My weapons are all on racks in my kwoon.
My toys are under the bed (sigp228,9mmblack talons)
in my shower (stainless S&W 38federal hydra shocks)
My fridge is too close to the front entrance of my apartment, so I don't keep anything in there except food....

TenTigers
04-25-2011, 09:15 AM
i think choy lee fut has a floor lamp form
I think the Nine Dragons Lance was once a chandelier....

TenTigers
04-25-2011, 09:19 AM
I don't carry anything on my person, except for a tactical pen, a set of keys, and a metal bookmark.In the summer I may have a fan...

Sifu Yee Chi-Wai said it best;
"No need to carry a weapon. There are weapons all around-fire hydrant, corner of a building, car bumper.."

bawang
04-25-2011, 09:20 AM
nice . i carry a tactical calculator and tactical books. and a semtex eraser.

TenTigers
04-25-2011, 09:23 AM
nice . i carry a tactical calculator and tactical books. and a semtex eraser.
hmmm. couldn't you just get those apps for your tactical i-phone?

bawang
04-25-2011, 09:28 AM
no monies. cant afford

Scott R. Brown
04-25-2011, 09:29 AM
I am telling you guys.....

...a sharpened #3 or #4 pencil!

No one confiscates a pencil (YET), especially if you camouflage it with pad of paper!

Scott R. Brown
04-25-2011, 09:31 AM
no monies. cant afford

I'll bet you can afford a pencil!:eek:

SPJ
04-25-2011, 09:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnLV3nd2rOM

if I have to choose 3 out of many

1. bow and arrow

2, straight sword/broad sword.

3. staff/spear

Lucas
04-25-2011, 09:56 AM
, how do you store yours?

I have my weapons all over my apartment lol. you can always reach one no matter where you are. i like it like that...sure anyone could grab one but ill gamble the intruder has his own or wont be as good as me with my weapons.. all my training weapons such as wooden and wushu steel are in my living room which is actually just my own gym, no couches or chairs. you must be at least 16 to be in my home unsupervised, or be accompanied by an adult at all times lol. not kid friendly home...

GeneChing
04-25-2011, 10:17 AM
I store my weapons in oil or wax. I don't have a lot of chrome-plated weapons. I'm more of a traditional kind of guy, so most of my weapons aren't chromed. Can't really sharpen chrome right ;). I keep my weapons oiled with Hanwei sword oil (http://www.martialartsmart.com/45-2110.html) - it's not too gummy over time and it's fragrant. I just don't like the spray applicators, which always seem to break.

For my antiques, I use Curator's Choice, but I'm about to run out. I'm told they no longer make Curator's Choice. This is not to be confused with the metal polish that I see is available online - it was a protective wax that was designed especially for antique arms. I've got a little left, enough for a few more cleanings, but then I'll have to default to car wax.

Lucas
04-25-2011, 10:34 AM
i really like the hanwei polisher kit. its really affordable..when ever i run out of oil i just buy a whole new kit. you get a nifty box and some extra paper and a new podwer ball. all for like 20-25 bucks! plus ya i like the scent

bawang
04-25-2011, 11:21 AM
I'll bet you can afford a pencil!:eek:

i think choy lee fut has a pencil form

wenshu
04-25-2011, 11:26 AM
I don't carry anything on my person, except for a tactical pen, a set of keys, and a metal bookmark.In the summer I may have a fan...

Sifu Yee Chi-Wai said it best;
"No need to carry a weapon. There are weapons all around-fire hydrant, corner of a building, car bumper.."

. . .the ground.

GeneChing
04-25-2011, 11:34 AM
I don't carry anything on my person, except for a tactical pen, a set of keys, and a metal bookmark.
I carry a tactical pen too although I may stop carrying it. I've had it pulled from me on a few searches recently. It's a little obvious, and I'd surely get busted if I ever had to use it, especially considering what I do for a living. But I like the pen and it's a great conversation piece.

But back OT...+

i really like the hanwei polisher kit. its really affordable..when ever i run out of oil i just buy a whole new kit. you get a nifty box and some extra paper and a new podwer ball. all for like 20-25 bucks! plus ya i like the scent
I have a sword maintenance kit for Japan. It was gifted to me, as the Hanwei Sword Maintenance Kit (http://www.martialartsmart.com/35-1003.html) is much less expensive, and is pretty much the same. I confess I never use it, and I even keep several Japanese swords although the only antique is a rather mediocre gunto that I used for iai. I was trained on the whole traditional Japanese sword cleaning ritual, but it was way to cumbersome as I have a lot of weapons to clean. So I forgot most of that. Now I clean my swords in the same spirit that I wax my car. Wax on, wax off. ;)

David Jamieson
04-25-2011, 12:03 PM
Tactical socks and a talent for storing ****s.

That's all I need.

One man CAN clear a 40,000 sq ft cold storage locker if he really needs to... :D

SPJ
04-25-2011, 12:58 PM
I just let my practice "weapons" lie on the floor. the ones that I do not use for a while, I tie them up in a rope and lie on the ground.

I recently bought wushu and tai chi sword with carrying cases from MAM, sponsor of this forum.

so I store them in the carrying cases.

--

CYMac
04-25-2011, 01:01 PM

Do you own any hand hammered swords or blades? what is the kit for?

CYMac
04-25-2011, 01:03 PM
I just let my practice "weapons" lie on the floor. the ones that I do not use for a while, I tie them up in a rope and lie on the ground.

I recently bought wushu and tai chi sword with carrying cases from MAM, sponsor of this forum.

so I store them in the carrying cases.

--

I USED to do the samething around 1997 too and even stuff them into a bookshelf (taken some separators out), but now, the collection is too massive for this.. over 200 weapons in total, that's just crazy huge.

CYMac
04-25-2011, 01:08 PM
Talking about sworsds maintenance kits, here is how I do it, just to share..

Usually, (for high carbon blades or stainless steel, no wushu blades here) I will sand blast the whole blade (disassemble the weapon first), with rought to super fine sandpaper, until a superior grint like 3000 or something. Then I will use some metal cleaner to clean it.. then use "Peek" (a paste) to buff and rub it to a mirror finish, the reoil the blade with some metal oil and let it stand for a day, then it is okay for normal use, everytime after use, just put it back dry.

For the wood, I sand it and polish it with orange oil, that's all.

Brass parts, use brasso to clean it completely and then re-buff it to make it nice and shiny.

Then reassemble them together and you get a new looking or BETTER than new looking piece with you.

I have done sharpening blades myself too, with honing stones or grinder (bench), and they both work well.

Chrome blades like the wushu blades are no good for this, if you sand it, you see the copper below and it will rust for sure. If you did, there is no fix unless you have a way to re-chrome it with some compressor kits, it's crazily hard to do yourself unless you got tons of money to buy that kit.

Lucas
04-25-2011, 04:12 PM
Do you own any hand hammered swords or blades? what is the kit for?

Yes i have a few japanese blades and a few chinese ones. and then i also have some custom knives and such.

CYMac
04-25-2011, 06:22 PM
Yes i have a few japanese blades and a few chinese ones. and then i also have some custom knives and such.

Great stuff, did you do test cut with them at all?

SPJ
04-26-2011, 06:36 AM
I USED to do the samething around 1997 too and even stuff them into a bookshelf (taken some separators out), but now, the collection is too massive for this.. over 200 weapons in total, that's just crazy huge.

I used to have suitcases for everything

books, clothes and "weapons"

after moving so many times, I had to throw away a lot things.

--

I wrapped cloth around sharps, to avoid accidents

some sharps come with sheaths or covering

--

it is a tedious job to take care of your practice "weapons".

CYMac
04-26-2011, 07:00 AM
I used to have suitcases for everything

books, clothes and "weapons"

after moving so many times, I had to throw away a lot things.

--

I wrapped cloth around sharps, to avoid accidents

some sharps come with sheaths or covering

--

it is a tedious job to take care of your practice "weapons".

haha~ that reminds me of my gun case... but I only store guns I seldom use in them, just to be free from dust and moist~

Lucas
04-26-2011, 09:14 AM
Great stuff, did you do test cut with them at all?

thats the funnest part! lol i cant afford to buy matts all the time though so ive used various things.. you can take some heavy cardboard and spray it with water so you can roll it up add as much as you want to get it as thick as you want and then tie it with twine and let it dry some so its not too wet, or just do a few and let them dry out all the way if you want. but it feels better if its stilly kind of damp on the inside when you cut it... but thats just my own idea just to be able to cut more stuff and not spend monies cuz you can get cardboard for free lol

CYMac
04-26-2011, 01:16 PM
thats the funnest part! lol i cant afford to buy matts all the time though so ive used various things.. you can take some heavy cardboard and spray it with water so you can roll it up add as much as you want to get it as thick as you want and then tie it with twine and let it dry some so its not too wet, or just do a few and let them dry out all the way if you want. but it feels better if its stilly kind of damp on the inside when you cut it... but thats just my own idea just to be able to cut more stuff and not spend monies cuz you can get cardboard for free lol

Never thought of wetting the cardboard! Great idea! Have you try the flesh and meat test? what brand of sharpen swords you use? Cold steel? those are crazy man, chop bricks!

Lucas
04-26-2011, 02:30 PM
ya i have cut into pork a before but only before a big bar b q lol.. i have 2 coldsteel knives and ya they are pretty nice. my swords are hanwei though. i really like them. i have a good friend that is a blacksmith who makes his own blades so i get some of his too. im too poor to have antiques though :( some day when i get rich...there is a local sword shop and you can get all antique fitting for katana from all different periods and region. he even has a full set of samurai armor dating back to 1500s and its for sale too...but its mostly all japanese because he does kendo and iaido

CYMac
04-26-2011, 07:50 PM
ya i have cut into pork a before but only before a big bar b q lol.. i have 2 coldsteel knives and ya they are pretty nice. my swords are hanwei though. i really like them. i have a good friend that is a blacksmith who makes his own blades so i get some of his too. im too poor to have antiques though :( some day when i get rich...there is a local sword shop and you can get all antique fitting for katana from all different periods and region. he even has a full set of samurai armor dating back to 1500s and its for sale too...but its mostly all japanese because he does kendo and iaido

Nice~ Always cool to have a blacksmith friend who can do the job, that is very admirable... lucky you! Yeah, they can make anything cool themselves, anything you want, in any way and any sharpness, haha.. just like when you have a graphic designer at home, you are about to see any magic to be done anytime. It's just as cool as that!

SteveLau
04-29-2011, 05:55 PM
CYMac,

Kungfu is not my main focus, it's just a hobby or side dish for me

by CYMac

I appreciate you being a Taoist, and your attitude towards the use of martial force for self-defense. But if kungfu is a side dish for you, your large possession of weapons begs explanation.

P.S. Just last month, a local man hurted himself while cleaning a gun at his home. He has licenses for firing gun and possessing firearm. But police has found a huge number of firearms and ammunition at the premise (over 100 guns and 1,000 rounds). Some of them are real guns. Anyway, the total number found makes it illegal because it is over his license allows. The police is going to charge the man, who is named Gun King by the media. One curious question raised is the reason that the man has injured himself. It is very unusual for a person to clean a gun while it is loaded.

KC
Hong Kong

CYMac
04-30-2011, 05:32 AM
CYMac,

by CYMac

I appreciate you being a Taoist, and your attitude towards the use of martial force for self-defense. But if kungfu is a side dish for you, your large possession of weapons begs explanation.

P.S. Just last month, a local man hurted himself while cleaning a gun at his home. He has licenses for firing gun and possessing firearm. But police has found a huge number of firearms and ammunition at the premise (over 100 guns and 1,000 rounds). Some of them are real guns. Anyway, the total number found makes it illegal because it is over his license allows. The police is going to charge the man, who is named Gun King by the media. One curious question raised is the reason that the man has injured himself. It is very unusual for a person to clean a gun while it is loaded.

KC
Hong Kong

There are not a limit to how many guns you can own in Canada by-law if your guns are not over 500fps which is then considered a firearm. If your gun is over 500fps, your license do require you to register your gun as well, therefore, there aren't a limit to it unless you did get your guns from black market.

Cleaning a gun while it is loaded? It already give a very funny point that the guy is NOT educated in guns at all, even air pistols, airguns, and other type of gun hobbiest know to empty the gun's chamber EVERYTIME after they are done shooting a session. That is just the foundation and basic. If the person you mention can do such a silly thing, his gun smithing is very lousy and he doesn't follow the correct way to clean a gun either.

If you have experienced in guns before, even the manuals they come with teach you the safety rules of shooting and cleaning the gun, who on earth will be so silly to clean a gun like that?

Plus, please read the firearm law of Canada for the details and everything will be clear for you, jokes will reveal and false information will be see through.

--

PS: I am not sure you are referring weapons to my guns or my kungfu weapons. Kungfu equippments are totally legal in Canada and doesn't have a limit of how many you can own by-law. If you are talking about guns, my collection is very small compare to many collectors I know, and if you aren't exposed to the world of guns and gun owners, I suggest you get into these social circles and you will open your eyes and mind up more to the real gun world with the real laws. Of course, all my possessions are legal and they are 100% legal to own in that amount as well. If you want, you can just go to other gun forums and look at other's collection, then you will know my collection is just one of the mid-range, not even close to the "Gun King" in the real world of guns. (not from your source) haha!

SPJ
04-30-2011, 08:57 AM
ideally if you have an extra room and shelves

you may call it weapon storage room

or just rent a spot in the store away place

etc etc.

CYMac
04-30-2011, 09:21 AM
ideally if you have an extra room and shelves

you may call it weapon storage room

or just rent a spot in the store away place

etc etc.

Great reply, yes, but ideally only. Hahahaha! Most of us maybe not too ideal. I have a temple of 1800sq/ft but still not enough to store all my weapons, lions and all that stuff.. I have two lions and they already took up half a little room! haha!~

Drake
04-30-2011, 09:31 AM
M4, iron sights right now, but due to an upcoming mission, they'll be giving me CCOs... you know, like everyone else in the friggin' Army has anyway.

CYMac
04-30-2011, 09:36 AM
M4, iron sights right now, but due to an upcoming mission, they'll be giving me CCOs... you know, like everyone else in the friggin' Army has anyway.

huh?? are you talking to someone?

Drake
04-30-2011, 09:52 AM
huh?? are you talking to someone?

Just sharing weapons info :D

CYMac
04-30-2011, 10:13 AM
Just sharing weapons info :D

Oh~ okay~ I thought you were answer someone but I can't find who you are talking to, that's why. M4, that's a great gun to fire~ haha! iron sight just kills, so hard to aim sometimes..

Drake
04-30-2011, 11:49 AM
Oh~ okay~ I thought you were answer someone but I can't find who you are talking to, that's why. M4, that's a great gun to fire~ haha! iron sight just kills, so hard to aim sometimes..

Well, I was "raised" with the M16A2, so I'm actually more comfortable with them. I know they are a bit antiquated, but I'm just more proficient with them.

Aiming isn't hard as long as you apply your four fundamentals. I can tell just from your shot group what you are doing wrong (High/low, left/right misses, and "shot group all over the place!").

GeneChing
05-02-2011, 10:46 AM
Brass parts, use brasso to clean it completely and then re-buff it to make it nice and shiny. I never use Brasso. It's too abrasive for me. I use Wenol, which one of my gun restorer friends got me hooked on. There's different grades. In general, I like to use a lot of gun products for cleaning cold arms. They make such great gun products. I was really into silicon cloths for a spell, but they got too slippery for handles. Either that, or my grip just got weaker. :o

SteveLau
05-02-2011, 05:47 PM
CYMac,

When I said your weapon collection is huge in quantity, I was talking about your MA weapons. The gun news story mentioned is just a side-note that might be interesting for weapon storage in general.

With regards to the topic of this thread, my knowledge in MA weapon maintenance is limited. Currently, I possess only one single edge blade. I did some customization soon after I bought it to make its size and weight to suit my training. The body of the blade is made of carbon steel. It comes with metal oil rubbed. I find it difficult to maintain the blade with oil. So I sprayed the body of the blade with lacquer, and it works fine. First, the coating works very well in preventing the blade from rusting. Second, it is easy to maintain the blade using such method. Third, it is a very inexpensive way of maintenance. People will agree so when they find that a non-stainless steel blade with such treatment does not rust a bit for years in warm and humid area like South China. At last, my way of storing the weapon is simple. I just keep it in its shealth, and lean it standing against the wall.

P.S.: My knowledge in gun and its maintenance is very limited. And I do not possess a gun. My only experience with gun was an hour of class in a gun club while I resided in Canada. But I guess it would be common sense to clean a gun only when it is not loaded. In the news story mentioned in my first post, I strongly believe that the local police should investigate further into the how the person got hurt by a gun. Because the initial statement made by the man to the police does not ring true.

Regards,

KC
Hong Kong

CYMac
05-03-2011, 07:28 AM
I never use Brasso. It's too abrasive for me. I use Wenol, which one of my gun restorer friends got me hooked on. There's different grades. In general, I like to use a lot of gun products for cleaning cold arms. They make such great gun products. I was really into silicon cloths for a spell, but they got too slippery for handles. Either that, or my grip just got weaker. :o

Try toothpaste, it's magic too, "sometimes" haha!

Yes I do agree gun products are cool and good for metal, very cool~Thanks for the reminder on that too. Buffing is nice, try peek, that thing is really a magic... better than bawang's mayo....

CYMac
05-03-2011, 07:30 AM
Well, I was "raised" with the M16A2, so I'm actually more comfortable with them. I know they are a bit antiquated, but I'm just more proficient with them.

Aiming isn't hard as long as you apply your four fundamentals. I can tell just from your shot group what you are doing wrong (High/low, left/right misses, and "shot group all over the place!").

Professional!

I have a target for my air pistol that is made to tell what is wrong as well, haha~ but for airguns, sometimes is more the quality of the gun that make you miss, not your own hands. That's the weird part.

CYMac
05-03-2011, 07:33 AM
Thanks for the reply.

You are right, the news is flawed and the police should work into the subject more before claiming what they reported is true.

Also, having so many weapons doesn't make it illegal or anything. There isn't a single law about how many of these kungfu weapons you can own, so don't worry, you can own a store with tons of weapons.

I do own a few high carbon steel blades too. I don't need to spray them with anything as I don't want them to be "non metal feeling". Simply dry them off, when you use them daily, it's fine. If you don't use them for a while, just use some metal oil to coat it and it will be fine. Easy and cheap to maintenance.

The forged "hammered" steel are the hardest to upkeep but I do not have one myself "now". I used to have a few before but they are not with me now. If you can care for them well enough, they really show you some magic!

CYMac,

When I said your weapon collection is huge in quantity, I was talking about your MA weapons. The gun news story mentioned is just a side-note that might be interesting for weapon storage in general.

With regards to the topic of this thread, my knowledge in MA weapon maintenance is limited. Currently, I possess only one single edge blade. I did some customization soon after I bought it to make its size and weight to suit my training. The body of the blade is made of carbon steel. It comes with metal oil rubbed. I find it difficult to maintain the blade with oil. So I sprayed the body of the blade with lacquer, and it works fine. First, the coating works very well in preventing the blade from rusting. Second, it is easy to maintain the blade using such method. Third, it is a very inexpensive way of maintenance. People will agree so when they find that a non-stainless steel blade with such treatment does not rust a bit for years in warm and humid area like South China. At last, my way of storing the weapon is simple. I just keep it in its shealth, and lean it standing against the wall.

P.S.: My knowledge in gun and its maintenance is very limited. And I do not possess a gun. My only experience with gun was an hour of class in a gun club while I resided in Canada. But I guess it would be common sense to clean a gun only when it is not loaded. In the news story mentioned in my first post, I strongly believe that the local police should investigate further into the how the person got hurt by a gun. Because the initial statement made by the man to the police does not ring true.

Regards,

KC
Hong Kong