PDA

View Full Version : Cool story (not political)

BJJ-Blue
04-25-2011, 07:26 AM
Me and my wife went to see my friend at his new job on Saturday. We'd never been there before. I live in South Austin, a middle class and kind of alternative part of town. The job is in East Austin. To give you an idea of East Austin, my friend is the only emplyee there who doesn't speak fluent Spanish. So we walk in and dont see my friend, I figure he is in the back stocking the auto parts. The guy at the counter goes, "You guys arent from this neighborhood." I'm really taken aback, but I just go get the license plate bolts I needed and go the counter. Once up there, that same guy says, "You guys are a long way from home." So now I'm really curious whats going on. So I look down to see if maybe I have on a shirt from California and he thinks we're new people from California (we have alot of refugees from California coming to Texas). I'm not wearing a shirt from California. So I ask him how he knows we don't live around there. He says, "Me and my girl bought your TV set about 2 months ago, so I know you live far south".

Just thought I'd share a nice story with you guys. Have a nice Monday. :)