PDA

View Full Version : So unrelated it's not even funny

eviljungle
10-05-2001, 05:07 PM
Is there a difference between southern Chinese and Northern Chinese landscape paintings?

Budokan
10-06-2001, 04:08 AM
Yes. The northern landscape paintings show the northern landscape. The southern landscape paintings show the southern landscape. However, both CAN show the opposite landscape if the perspective is from the other direction.

i.e.: a southern landscape painting showing a northern landscape as viewed from the south but looking north, due to the artist's perspective. Vice versa would also be true.

I can go into much more detail if you want, regarding geographical and topological constraints as viewed by the artist...but I'd have to be a lot more drunk than I am now. ;)

K. Mark Hoover

eviljungle
10-07-2001, 04:00 PM
:rolleyes: :D :p

MonkeySlap Too
10-07-2001, 09:09 PM
I thought the difference was that in the South they painted with thier hands, whereas in the North they painted with thier feet.

I am a big beleiver in luck. The more I work, the more luck I have.

diego
10-11-2001, 08:22 AM
it took like 15 seconds for that to compute

southern styles are known for thier bridges

"I finish the job with a tiger claw into the throat. Remember guys'INSERT CORNY WHITEBOY VOICE' use extreme violence against your opponents always, that will discourage them from hurting other people" kungfu site technique sec.VS?."...