PDA

View Full Version : My Fu is bigger than yours... Naa Na Nana Na!!

Cdr.Instigator
04-27-2011, 09:20 AM
Hi all!!

I'm new here, but been a lurker for weeks now. I have been browsing all the different forums here reading up on what others have to say. Most of what I have read has been entertaining, to say the least.

As in many if not all the threads I have read, there's one common end result to the simplest of questions.

It's is very unproductive to see all the same faces bickering, flaming, trashing one another like children and ruining a good experience that could have been had here. Why, do some people feel the need to continue their ramblings from one thread to another, without being reprimanded?

It looks like it's always the same bunch. This could have been a nice place to read and spend some time, if there wasn't as much rampant flaming.

Why can't someone ask a serious question, (even though it might be the stupidest question for all of you) without being ridiculed or start a "My Kung Fu is bigger than yours?

Does anyone know why these Forums are lacking some serious moderation?
Just by the simple fact that it's going on in almost every thread leads me to believe that someone's been sleeping at the wheel. I come to the conclusion that some people around here are in need of a temporary vacation!

Not trying to instigate anything, just a simple fact that some here need a break!

taai gihk yahn
04-27-2011, 09:25 AM
Well, u r certainly trying to live up to ur name;

Unfortunately, u'll hav to do better than that to get a reaction;

D-

GeneChing
04-27-2011, 09:36 AM
It's a kung fu forum. Why so serious?

JamesC
04-27-2011, 09:39 AM

Because the interwebs is serious bidness! :rolleyes:

SPJ
04-27-2011, 09:40 AM
oops,

I always listen to music from youtube, while posting

--

:)

Brule
04-27-2011, 10:14 AM
oops,

I always listen to music from youtube, while posting

--

There are birds outside my window chirping.....

I heard a truck rumbling down the road......

The gentle hum of the office blends in.......

Taiwan is a country......

Iron_Eagle_76
04-27-2011, 10:20 AM

AHA, I have finally figured out which evil villian Gene Ching is.....imagine........a chinese joker!!!

http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu35/alejandra008_2009/batman-dark-knight-joker.jpg

David Jamieson
04-27-2011, 10:28 AM
http://www.jerrah.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/someone_is_wrong_on_the_internet1.jpg

:p

MasterKiller
04-27-2011, 12:06 PM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/218140_10150162539384147_504604146_6812627_5177429 _n.jpg

David Jamieson
04-27-2011, 12:09 PM
That is so crass, callous and ignorant, it is hilarious.

In a sad way of course, but hey... :p

GeneChing
04-27-2011, 12:30 PM
I was actually going for something more Ke$ha (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXvmSaE0JXA). At least MasterKiller figured that out. ;)

wenshu
04-27-2011, 12:35 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_LZZ116SJC7Q/TbhvyEmqsuI/AAAAAAAAByI/laCw6CL2cZs/s800/tyler.jpg

Darthlawyer
04-27-2011, 01:39 PM
Hi all!!

I'm new here, but been a lurker for weeks now. I have been browsing all the different forums here reading up on what others have to say. Most of what I have read has been entertaining, to say the least.

As in many if not all the threads I have read, there's one common end result to the simplest of questions.

It's is very unproductive to see all the same faces bickering, flaming, trashing one another like children and ruining a good experience that could have been had here. Why, do some people feel the need to continue their ramblings from one thread to another, without being reprimanded?

It looks like it's always the same bunch. This could have been a nice place to read and spend some time, if there wasn't as much rampant flaming.

Why can't someone ask a serious question, (even though it might be the stupidest question for all of you) without being ridiculed or start a "My Kung Fu is bigger than yours?

Does anyone know why these Forums are lacking some serious moderation?
Just by the simple fact that it's going on in almost every thread leads me to believe that someone's been sleeping at the wheel. I come to the conclusion that some people around here are in need of a temporary vacation!

Not trying to instigate anything, just a simple fact that some here need a break!
Apparently, the commander feels the need to control what other people say. Maybe we should put him in charge. I think he's also insinuating his Kung Fu is better than Gene's.

GeneChing
04-27-2011, 01:58 PM
insinuating his Kung Fu is better than Gene's.Bah! Get in line. :rolleyes:

If Cdr.Instigator truly believes this, Darthlawyer, he should start his own forum and get back to me when it crosses 21K members. :)

David Jamieson
04-27-2011, 01:59 PM
Apparently, the commander feels the need to control what other people say. Maybe we should put him in charge. I think he's also insinuating his Kung Fu is better than Gene's.

He's what is known as a "net nanny".

Lucas
04-27-2011, 02:52 PM
my kungfu is so big you can see it from outer space.

Lee Chiang Po
04-27-2011, 07:43 PM
Bah! Get in line. :rolleyes:

If Cdr.Instigator truly believes this, Darthlawyer, he should start his own forum and get back to me when it crosses 21K members. :)

What? 21,000 members? Someone asked me how many there were and I told them less than a dozen. 21,000 members. Wow. How come only about less than a dozen people seem to post here?

David Jamieson
04-28-2011, 04:48 AM
What? 21,000 members? Someone asked me how many there were and I told them less than a dozen. 21,000 members. Wow. How come only about less than a dozen people seem to post here?

Not everyone has something to say. Some of us simply have to say something and some of us have something to say.

Lurking is an art form.

Iron_Eagle_76
04-28-2011, 05:11 AM
Those of us who post on here regulary are on Gene's payroll. We don't get paid in cash though, or even with a subscription of Kung Fu Magazine. Unfortunately we do get paid in stale nachos and back issues of Nude Ninjette Monthly!:mad:

Cdr.Instigator
04-28-2011, 05:44 AM
Ok, fair enough!

:D

Now, let's start our post whoring day, shall we?

taai gihk yahn
04-28-2011, 05:56 AM
Ok, fair enough!

:D

Now, let's start our post whoring day, shall we?
And you are.....?

bawang
04-28-2011, 07:27 AM
Those of us who post on here regulary are on Gene's payroll. We don't get paid in cash though, or even with a subscription of Kung Fu Magazine. Unfortunately we do get paid in stale nachos and back issues of Nude Ninjette Monthly!:mad:

you dont get paid cash? he must be ripping the guai lo

Iron_Eagle_76
04-28-2011, 08:47 AM

Unfortunately Gene is not my fellow Chilese brother like some on this forum.:mad::D

David Jamieson
04-28-2011, 08:49 AM

There is no such thing as gwai lo in Canada.
Mainly because it's not China... :-p

SPJ
04-28-2011, 10:06 AM
my jump foo is better than my leg sweep foo.

my kick foo is bettern than my punch foo.

---

my sushi and mi so soup making foo is better than my choy shui foo

--

Scott R. Brown
04-28-2011, 05:36 PM
The reason no one posts serious discussions is because we already HAVE posted serious discussions. about 1,000,000 of them!

So, there is very little we haven't hashed over and over already. NOW we come here to play and harass each other!

A short time lurker cannot get the full flavor of the place.

Also, any discussion, in order for it to have "productive" results MUST have a "compare and contrast" component. A bunch of guys all sitting around agreeing with each other is a "circle jerk" NOT a discussion! Since beliefs are often passionate, discussions become wild at times. Take the Yang with the Yin, this is life! You can't change it, so might as well accommodate to it!

Thoughts and ideas are strengthened, learning and abilities grow and mature through being challenged. Many, if not most, people have opinions but have no foundation for them. Not that they NEED to have a foundation, therefore they cannot effectively defend their opinions. These are often the ones who complain the most,

But, what do I know, after all, I am only a REAL TAOIST MASTER WITH OVER 37 YEARS EXPERIENCE:rolleyes:, I am NOT a COMMANDER!:p

Dragonzbane76
04-28-2011, 06:44 PM
But, what do I know, after all, I am only a REAL TAOIST MASTER WITH OVER 37 YEARS EXPERIENCE, I am NOT a COMMANDER!

yeah... but are you a CELESTIAL MASTER :eek:

Scott R. Brown
04-28-2011, 06:54 PM
yeah... but are you a CELESTIAL MASTER :eek:

If I wanted to be I could be! It is really quite simple to accomplish.

Just watch:

I AM A REAL CELESTIAL TAOIST MASTER WITH OVER 37 YEARS EXPERIENCE!!!!

See how easy it is!

Give it a try, It doesn't hurt!:D

Dragonzbane76
04-28-2011, 06:57 PM
Interesting...:D

SPJ
04-28-2011, 07:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri4Ny2YG9bM&feature=related

yes.

all you have to do is to "imagine".

Cdr.Instigator
04-29-2011, 04:33 AM
I'm starting to like this house. You guys are too funny!

Yes, even though there's a loony that resides here...that started his own lineage, was taught by Gods and is on the road to being another Ip Man; I will try to avoid His topics because, I hate to see Him get blasted by the stupidity of His character.
For some reason, that person reminds me of that Idiot that went on a rampage at Virginia Tech.:D

David Jamieson
04-29-2011, 04:36 AM

Yes, even though there's a loony that resides here...that started his own lineage, was taught by Gods and is on the road to being another Ip Man; I will try to avoid His topics because, I hate to see Him get blasted by the stupidity of His character.
For some reason, that person reminds me of that Idiot that went on a rampage at Virginia Tech.:D

There's actually more than one guy here that fits that description... :p

Iron_Eagle_76
04-29-2011, 05:04 AM
http://www.ginriot.com/ginriot/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/every-time-you-masterbate-kitten.jpg

GeneChing
04-29-2011, 10:02 AM
A sense of humor beats common sense around here. But that's okay. It's just an online forum. It's all about freedom of speech. Everyone here is free to make a fool of themselves.

Scott R. Brown
04-29-2011, 10:05 AM
A sense of humor beats common sense around here. But that's okay. It's just an online forum. It's all about freedom of speech. Everyone here is free to make a fool of themselves.

And some of us are better at it than others!!!!!:p

GeneChing
04-29-2011, 10:24 AM
And some of us are better at it than others!!!!!:p Absolutely! It's still a martial arts forum. We compete here at it. :rolleyes:

Brule
04-29-2011, 10:50 AM
And when you compete, you better look good doing it.... (http://www.martialartsmart.com/11-16sp.html)

David Jamieson
04-29-2011, 11:45 AM
Looks like a young steven segal. :p

all frowny and such...

Yum Cha
04-29-2011, 01:41 PM

****, and I haven't posted in awhile...