PDA

View Full Version : Creeds, Training Oaths, Sayings?

Minghequan
04-29-2011, 06:55 PM
How many of you have it in your school? What are they? How do you apply them if at all?

This is our Training Oath:

“The Master leads you to the door, cultivation depends on one’s self”

"Become loyal to your innermost truth. Follow the way when all others abandon it. Walk the path of your own heart"

“The Dao (Tao) follows the ways of being natural”

Yi hai wu ya, Wu dao wu ji ~ “The Martial Way is Endless”

We also use an Instructors Creed"

I will teach each class as if it is the most important class I will ever teach.

I am patient and enthusiastic.

I care.

I lead by example.

Another one:

"If you would be a real seeker after the truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible all things" ~ Descartes

Also as Mark Twain said "Once you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect". And Martin Luther King "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things that matter".

What do you use? What importance do the play?

Drake
04-30-2011, 09:54 AM
It's all fluffy to me. I prefer the one officers tend to use.

"Don't suck."

CYMac
04-30-2011, 10:18 AM
To my sect..

"Virtues must be cultivated or else you are no difference than a beast when you possess good kungfu."

"Kungfu's main focus shall be to keep your health good in the modern days, fighting should not be your 24/7 mindset. If you can improve your life with it, that's the most benefitcial thing already."

"A good mindset of a kungfuman shall be full of virtues, and so their life is fun and enjoyable. If a kungfuman live a life with stress, anger and hot temper, they are not getting any joy out of kungfu even at the age of 80."

"It's never the master giving up the student, it's always the student who gave up on themselves, so don't do it then I will be your life time teacher."

"Respect, and you will be able to learn. Be truthful and there shall be no confusion. Have virtues and you will avoid troubles."

**"Bawang, rescue your mother. and forget about your mayonnase" :)

Although I know some do not agree, I am just posting to share, no need to respond if you dont' like mine.

TenTigers
04-30-2011, 04:46 PM
Yun Yee Do Duk

Hohk Yun, Hohk Yee, Hohk Gung-Fu
Juen Jo, Juen Si, Juen Do Duk

Mo Lum Yat Ga

oh, and,
Nei gung-fu hum luhk lun.

SPJ
04-30-2011, 06:04 PM
Yun Yee Do Duk

Hohk Yun, Hohk Yee, Hohk Gung-Fu
Juen Jo, Juen Si, Juen Do Duk

Mo Lum Yat Ga

oh, and,
Nei gung-fu hum luhk lun.

virtues of yun yi

love bravery, love justice, love kung fu.

respect ancestor, respect teacher, respect virtues

martial schools are one big family

--

:cool: