PDA

View Full Version : This sickens me

Piccolo Junior
11-03-2001, 02:57 AM
http://www.persecution.com/link/16storyc.asp

I've never seen anything so blatantly anti-Buddhist.

"It is necessary to drink alcohol and pursue other fun human activities. The art of someone who is too serious has no flavour."- Choki Motobu

Xebsball
11-03-2001, 03:28 AM
Thats ******* horrible

-------------------------
"I AM EFFECTIVNESS"

NorthernMantis
11-03-2001, 04:38 AM
I hope no one starts starts attcking Chrsitianity.Obviously they're ignorant since we are not taught to judge others.

The few mess it up for the rest.

"Always be ready"

"right, that's it!you've insulted me, and you've insulted the shaolin temple!"-Fish of Furry

Piccolo Junior
11-03-2001, 04:49 AM
I wont attack Christianity, but the guy made up all that sh!t, Buddhists don't believe any of that. Infact, we don't try to please the gods at all, since they are fallible and mortal just like us.

"It is necessary to drink alcohol and pursue other fun human activities. The art of someone who is too serious has no flavour."- Choki Motobu

Kung Lek
11-03-2001, 05:35 PM
Yeah, that's pretty typical twisted stuff from the facist corner of the room.

Laugh it off, I don't think that's too popular a site :D

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....Buddhist Gods???

peace

Kung Lek

Martial Arts Links (http://members.home.net/kunglek)

Daedalus
11-04-2001, 05:30 PM
Keep in mind that if they are truly Christians, their attampts at converting budhists to christianity arises out of a sincere concern for their immortal souls.

Its hard to be mad at someone when they have your best interests at heart.

joedoe
11-05-2001, 05:15 AM
The one problem I have with the whole conversion thing is that it shows a complete lack of respect for the beliefs of other people. If people want to convert to your religion, it will probably be because of your actions rather than your words. Going to other countries and condemning the local beliefs doesn't really get you anywhere.

And the Christian churches never did anything nasty?

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
You're fu(king up my chi

Ryu
11-06-2001, 06:11 AM
Well I just sent an email. :)

But I don't want a response back. Heh heh.
Don't worry about "cult" Christian sects where there is no understanding of any other culture.

There are plenty of Christian religions that do not do this.

Ryu

http://home.vobis.net/user/roy/anime/images/streetfighter15.jpg

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Ryu
11-06-2001, 06:15 AM
Also, Daedulus,
You shouldn't be condescending to Buddhists either.
Because they are simply worried for your afterlife as well.

It's hard to want to convert someone who has the best intentions in his heart for saving the very soul that is trying to convert him.

:rolleyes:
Ryu

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage." :rolleyes:

Xebsball
11-06-2001, 06:45 AM
Hey, new pic on the signature, very cool.

-------------------------
"I AM EFFECTIVNESS"

Piccolo Junior
11-06-2001, 07:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ryu:
Also, Daedulus,
You shouldn't be condescending to Buddhists either.
Because they are simply worried for your afterlife as well.

It's hard to want to convert someone who has the best intentions in his heart for saving the very soul that is trying to convert him.
[/quote]

Hmmm... Counter-Conversion, I like that. The next time someone starts preaching to me about how I'm going to hell if I don't get saved, I'll just start telling them about the 4 Noble Truths. Or I'll just be a smartass and tell them that there parents are going to hell because the Bible condemns inbreeding.

marycatherine
11-07-2001, 12:34 AM
That site is totally scary...and upsetting...

"Sometimes when I get nervous I stick my hands under my armpits..."

prana
11-07-2001, 01:57 AM
it is difficult to watch people spend so much money wasted on travelling just to increase their own misery looking for apparent faults in other people, and totally missing the point, drowning in ignorance...

Its like swimming from a pool of pirahnas to another pool of pirahnas. Maybe, I am the Pirahna :P Coming from someone who cant swim, this is such as waste of energy

Sad indeed

Budokan
11-07-2001, 03:24 AM
Come on down to the Deep South if you want to see real dyed-in-the-wool arrogant narrow-minded intolerant Christian Baptist bible-thumping hate-mongering....

These f*ckwads down here have made it into a friggin' art form. :rolleyes:

K. Mark Hoover

soy
11-07-2001, 12:00 PM
"Lamaistic buddhists?"

huh?

soy
11-07-2001, 12:00 PM
"Lamaistic buddhists?"

huh?

Piccolo Junior
11-07-2001, 07:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by soy:
"Lamaistic buddhists?"

huh?[/quote]

The real word is Vajrayana, but they're too stupid to know that.

Daedalus
11-08-2001, 06:45 PM
If I attack you empty handed and you don't block it, you get hit. Big friggin deal right? Better luck next time.

If I attack you with a knife and you don't block it, you die.

Ryu
11-08-2001, 11:17 PM
huh?

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Daedalus
11-08-2001, 11:52 PM
If I attack you empty handed and you don't block it, you get hit. Big friggin deal right? Better luck next time. (Buddhist belief concerning death and re-incarnation) If I screw up this life and collect too much bad karma then I come back as a pig or something. (second chance)

If I attack you with a knife and you don't block it, you die. (Christian belief concerning death and heaven or hell.) If I screw up this life by not accepting Jesus Christ as my savior then I spend eternity in hell. (No second chance)

:)

Ryu
11-09-2001, 01:50 AM
Oh I see. :)
Thanks for the explanation. Wasn't sure where you were going with it for a second :D

Did you know there are also Buddhist "Hells" as well? Some of the different sects also believe that one can actually get "stuck" in the life condition of "Hell" after they die. Yikes.

I can see your point though, Daedalus. You know, to be honest. I think a lot of people really cannot come to grips with the notion of "Hell and torture" for those of good morality, love, and empathy....but who happen to pray to "Alah" or chant the lotus sutra, etc. Such vehement "no exceptions" type of attitude seems almost like...Pride to me. The original sin of the Devil. In my logic, with my compassion and mere human notion of justice and fairness, I could never never **** someone to torture if they lived a moral, compassionate, and innocent life. To me, I would open my arms to them. And if my mere human compassion and fairness does that, and God's (ultimate compassion and fairness, beyond what I can even phathom) cannot....that makes me, as a insignificant human, more "humanly" compassionate than God. :( And that can't be possible.
By the way, not saying that you believe that. :)

On another interesting note, however. What do you guys think of the near death experience?
It has been reported by many people, but different religions are reported to see different things. Christians may see Christianity figures, such as saints, Christ, etc.
Buddhists may see Buddha, Bodhissatva's, etc.
Hindu's may see Hindu god's etc.

Does this mean that religion indeed has a more deep meaning rather than "who's best" or (a scarier thought) that the mind simply creates such things according to its belief system?

;)
Now there's a question for debate!

Take care,
Ryu

Felipe Bido
11-09-2001, 04:46 AM
Some hindu beliefs point out that at the time of death your spirit goes to the place it identifies itself.

Example?: If you lived your life in a bad way, at the time of death you'll feel the pain and suffering you inflicted to others, and your spirit will go to a place of suffering ...otherwise, if your life was good lived, you'll be in peace at the time of your death, and peace will be with your spirit...you'll go to a place of peace and happiness.

Your "scarier" thought is very plausible, also...knowing that, as many ancient texts say, "The mind becomes what it puts its attention to".

-------------------------Anybody who goes to see a psychiatrist ought to have his head examined.
--Samuel Goldwin

prana
11-09-2001, 02:35 PM
Read the Tibetan Book of ther Dead for your answer. This will become clear as crystal.