PDA

View Full Version : Have you guys seen this video?

JamesC
05-09-2011, 07:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sC4UcrUDtg

I feel bad for the guy with gloves on, lol. You know that **** was stinging.

Iron_Eagle_76
05-09-2011, 07:18 AM
In the video they call the guy in black shorts a boxer:rolleyes:

If that guy is a boxer than CYMac is a Kung Fu master!

David Jamieson
05-09-2011, 07:19 AM
the "boxer" wasn't exactly what I'd call a "boxer" lol.

Oh my god he covered, twisted and dropped when the old man moved in and that is teh mark of Bull**** in the making.

Boxer could have easily driven in his punches and entered correctly, he lack footwork, guard and evasion skills that should be basic to anyone who plays at boxing.

lackluster.

JamesC
05-09-2011, 07:19 AM
If that guy is a boxer than CYMac is a Kung Fu master!

LMAO.

Maybe this is the real reason his head is now crooked.

JamesC
05-09-2011, 07:22 AM
You guys don't at least find this video entertaining?

I laughed my ass off the whole time, personally.

David Jamieson
05-09-2011, 07:27 AM
You guys don't at least find this video entertaining?

I laughed my ass off the whole time, personally.

For about the first 20 seconds, then I'd rather have a look at what I left in the bowl. lol kinda teh same thing after all. :p

JamesC
05-09-2011, 07:29 AM
Heh, maybe i'm just a sadist.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching that guy get slapped around. :D

David Jamieson
05-09-2011, 07:30 AM
well, it was a form of spanking that's for sure. lol

Ray Pina
05-09-2011, 11:08 AM
For my money, the guy with the gloves is the school golden boy preparing for a fight. The guy slapping him is his "master" and forcing him to "block", "defend."

That's why the few shots the big guy throws are half hearted and he keeps just covering and moving. I guess its a short clip from training.

Punch.HeadButt
05-10-2011, 10:46 AM
All I could hear in my head was "Youbruteyoubruteyoubruteyoubrute!!!"

sanjuro_ronin
05-10-2011, 10:52 AM
True story,
At one of the gyms I used to go to there was a guy that was very unorthodox and one of the newer guys was having a hell of a time sparring him.
I was in the ring with him and I knocked him down a few times and then, for the rest of the 3 rounds just gave him pointers and such so the newbie asked me why I was able to handle him and he had such a hard time ( experience aside of course :D ).
Anyways I told him to NOT be bothered by his unorthodox style but to punch him right in the face and just focus on that.
Well, guess what happened?
LOL !
Yep, knocked the guy flat on his ass and almost KO'd him, LMAO !!

When you get presented with something unorthodox that best way to tell with it is to stick to something basic like knocking the guys block off.

Iron_Eagle_76
05-10-2011, 11:02 AM
When you get presented with something unorthodox that best way to tell with it is to stick to something basic like knocking the guys block off.

Sig Worthy. And worthy of a quote by Mickey!!:D

"I think we ought to knock his block off!!"

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Jq8Daj0HsxY/S8WiqQD0SSI/AAAAAAAAAB4/HqC8Ie4jXIU/s1600/07Rocky_BD_mickey.jpg

Brule
05-10-2011, 11:29 AM
"You're gonna eat lightning and crap thunder"

cerebus
05-10-2011, 09:21 PM
Slap-fighter versus non-fighter. If someone's just gonna run away and repeatedly turn their back, then of course they're gonna get b1tch-slapped like that.

omarthefish
05-10-2011, 09:59 PM
True story,
At one of the gyms I used to go to there was a guy that was very unorthodox and one of the newer guys was having a hell of a time sparring him.
I was in the ring with him and I knocked him down a few times and then, for the rest of the 3 rounds just gave him pointers and such so the newbie asked me why I was able to handle him and he had such a hard time ( experience aside of course :D ).
Anyways I told him to NOT be bothered by his unorthodox style but to punch him right in the face and just focus on that.
Well, guess what happened?
LOL !
Yep, knocked the guy flat on his ass and almost KO'd him, LMAO !!

Pretty much exactly what happened to me in my second leitai fight. The dudes guard was really weird and it made me scared to enter. I just felt like I didn't understand what I was looking at so I held back a lot. Reviewing the video later I can see that just sticking to Plan A would have been fine. That "weird" guard was pretty open to just keeping hands tight in to the head and blasting down the middle but the "WTF?" factor confused me.

Violent Designs
05-10-2011, 10:47 PM
Pretty much exactly what happened to me in my second leitai fight. The dudes guard was really weird and it made me scared to enter. I just felt like I didn't understand what I was looking at so I held back a lot. Reviewing the video later I can see that just sticking to Plan A would have been fine. That "weird" guard was pretty open to just keeping hands tight in to the head and blasting down the middle but the "WTF?" factor confused me.

Come on, you are a Bajiquan fighter, you should always be going in trying to kill the guy with one strike right? ;)

YouKnowWho
05-10-2011, 11:00 PM
in my second leitai fight. The dudes guard was really weird and it made me scared to enter.

This kind of fighting stance only exist in "no head contact" ruleset. The only way that you can generate enough power to cause damage on your opponent's body is to swing your arm through a long path.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXdVCW-sjXA

You can ignore your opponent's back dropping arm but his front dropping arm may come up as a hook punch to your head. Any Kempo guy loves to use that "ridge hand" attack.