PDA

View Full Version : progress with fibromyalgia

shaolin_allan
05-15-2011, 12:14 AM
Hi everyone I am a 30 year old guy and now am barely starting to see improvements in the pain when I practice kung fu. So far two of the things which seem to help most is hard chi kung training and some staff work I have done. So from what I have learned it seems like a good way for me to go from this point is to focus on a powerful upper body system such as baji or work with a southern style. From this info what styles would u guys recommend I try? I have done some excellent wing chun in the past with a sifu on here and just wasnt sure how its body strengthening compares with styles such as hung gar. I know that just exercising is one aspect I need to do obviously but besides that what would xtyle do you think I should try? thanks

No_Know
05-15-2011, 02:10 PM
Wing chun seems to use the breast/clavical-shoulder-sides(lats)-shoulderblades-abdominal muscles.

White Eyebrow, Chu Ka Shao-Lin, Southern Praying Mantis, Seven Star Praying mantis, Shui Jiao; Large frame T'ai Chi Ch'uan, Yang Style, Taijiquan 24, Shang Tung Black Tiger, Hung Kuen Five Pattern Leopard, Shao-Lin Five Animal Style-Leopard.

No_Know

IronFist
05-16-2011, 05:39 PM
My mother has fibromyalgia. She has been doing yoga for a couple years which she says greatly helps with the pain.