PDA

View Full Version : Student loans/college education and corruption!

Hardwork108
05-15-2011, 09:53 PM
An interesting look at the debt culture - student loans and the general system - as regards college education in the US and the corruption that it represents.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpZtX32sKVE

Hebrew Hammer
05-15-2011, 11:52 PM
I don't wanna talk about it! I'm still paying through the nose...the cost of education has skyrocketed many times the levels of normal inflation or costs of doing business. In addition the emergence of online education should drive down significantly the costs of getting your education. The virtual classroom is so much more inexpensive than brick and mortal education yet the costs of these schools is often much higher than public universities, more on par with private brick and mortar ones.

Hardwork108
05-16-2011, 12:03 AM
I don't wanna talk about it! I'm still paying through the nose...the cost of education has skyrocketed many times the levels of normal inflation or costs of doing business. In addition the emergence of online education should drive down significantly the costs of getting your education. The virtual classroom is so much more inexpensive than brick and mortal education yet the costs of these schools is often much higher than public universities, more on par with private brick and mortar ones.

I am sorry about your situation. I hope you get the time to watch the documentary to get a more profound insight into whys and hows of this corruption.

Hebrew Hammer
05-16-2011, 12:32 AM
I am sorry about your situation. I hope you get the time to watch the documentary to get a more profound insight into whys and hows of this corruption.

Don't worry, I did it to myself...Doh!!!

By the way this has been one of your best postings...I'm not sure its a conspiracy as much as it is in plain site, sans the common sense. Much like our continued trust in wall street.

Hardwork108
05-16-2011, 05:04 AM
Don't worry, I did it to myself...Doh!!!

The absurdly high cost of education does not help the matters though.

By the way this has been one of your best postings...I'm not sure its a conspiracy as much as it is in plain site, sans the common sense. Much like our continued trust in wall street.

Thank you.

It is my opinion that this is part of the bigger conspiracy of enslavement through loans that is so prevalent in our cultures. People are almost trained to see the taking out of LARGE and LONG TERM loans as a normal activity. Then they end up working most of their lifes to pay of these loans - multiplied!

Of course, such loans may be justified for purchases of houses, perhaps, but I really believe that the government - one that is not owned, lock, stock and barrel, by banking/corporate cartels, should ensure that her citizens have an opportunity to get a decent education for a decent price - if not for free.

However, as the case is, people end up graduating with huge loans, and if you follow the money trail, it is yet again, the bankers who are laughing all the way to the bank, the same ones who make vast profits from wars and mayhem.

In my humble opinion, something is very, very wrong!