PDA

View Full Version : Hsing-i; Earth Orbit

Foiling Fist
05-24-2011, 12:43 PM
“The tearing of cotton is felt near the Lower Dan Tien between the two hands palms; as you exhale.

The action of the two hands in this inner-circle orbit, is as if they were each posts on each side of a revolving disc, on opposite sides of the circle. This feeling is heightened on the turn.

One can also focus on the keeping the two fists like a bolo:
the front palm downward hand being on one side of the orbiting circle,
and the rear palm upward hand, being on the opposite side of the circle, each fist orbit on the same orbit-plane, equidistant; keeping pace with each other.

Tearing cotton focuses on grounding and power,
the bolo orbiting increases the speed and surprise.”

Axe Hand; Hsing-i & Internal Strength Workout, page 119

taai gihk yahn
05-24-2011, 03:26 PM
you forgot the part about invoking the Hoary Hosts of Hoggoth...

Scott R. Brown
05-25-2011, 03:32 PM
"If your eye is true and your mind unobstructed, there is nothing you cannot overcome, including a sword attack" - Shoju

Three Zen Masters, by John Stevens, page 67

"When the right insight is gained and knows no obstruction, it applies to anything, including swordplay. The ordinary people are concerned with names. As soon as they hear one name a discrimination takes place in their minds. The owner of the right eye sees each object in its own light. When he sees the sword, he knows at once the way it operates. He confronts the multiplicity of things and is not confounded." - Shoju

Zen and Japanese Culture, By D.T. Suzuki, page 204

taai gihk yahn
05-25-2011, 04:19 PM
"I hate Mondays!"

- Garfield the Cat, "Garfield Tips the Scales - His Eighth Book", February, 1986

Scott R. Brown
05-25-2011, 04:31 PM
"I hate Mondays!"

- Garfield the Cat, "Garfield Tips the Scales - His Eighth Book", February, 1986

PAGE NUMBER PLEASE!!!!:mad:

Get with the program!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

taai gihk yahn
05-25-2011, 05:34 PM
PAGE NUMBER PLEASE!!!!:mad:

Get with the program!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is not a specific quote, more a deconstruction of his entire exegesis as relates to his existentialist analysis of the Kantian proposition of the "ding-an-sich" (noumen) as a reaction to the the basic Cartesian postulate of "cogito ergo sum";

so NYAAAHHHHHH!

Scott R. Brown
05-25-2011, 05:50 PM
this is not a specific quote, more a deconstruction of his entire exegesis as relates to his existentialist analysis of the Kantian proposition of the "ding-an-sich" (noumen) as a reaction to the the basic Cartesian postulate of "cogito ergo sum";

so NYAAAHHHHHH!

Look......if you don't know the page number.....just say so!;)

taai gihk yahn
05-25-2011, 06:06 PM
Look......if you don't know the page number.....just say so!;)

I would never say "so", because I haven't yet gotten past do, re, mi and fa; so there!

(and that wasn't me saying "so", it was just "me" (you) saying "'so'";)

just saying so...

Scott R. Brown
05-25-2011, 06:14 PM
I would never say "so", because I haven't yet gotten past do, re, mi and fa; so there!

(and that wasn't me saying "so", it was just "me" (you) saying "'so'";)

just saying so...

Hey! Your horning in on MY thing MAN!!!!:mad:

Soooooooooooo?????????

It is supposed to be: do, re, mi, fa, so, me, you, so?

taai gihk yahn
05-25-2011, 06:56 PM
Hey! Your horning in on MY thing MAN!!!!:mad:

Soooooooooooo?????????

It is supposed to be: do, re, mi, fa, so, me, you, so?

more like: you, so, want, to, be, like, me, ME, ME, ME, MEEE, MEEEEEEE!!!

wenshu
05-26-2011, 08:49 AM

so NYAAAHHHHHH!

Um HELLO, Allegory of the Caaaaaaaaaaaaaave.

"How are synthetic judgments a priori POSSIBLE?" Kant asks himself—and what is really his answer? "BY MEANS OF A MEANS (faculty)"
—but unfortunately not in five words

Nietzsche
Beyond Good and Evil,Ch 1 #11.

I'd call you a Kant but you have neither depth nor warmth.
-Me