PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me the proper form for jogging

Dragon Warrior
09-29-2001, 05:09 AM
?????

For years, religion did nothing but divide. (killa priest)

Religion is like a prison for the seekers of wisdom. (killa priest)

jun_erh
09-30-2001, 11:02 PM
I don't know exactly what you mean, but I run 4-5 miles a day and find that "sinking your weight" a la horse stance training, produces the best results.

ShaolinTiger00
09-30-2001, 11:18 PM
don't hold stress in upper body.
This means keeping neck and shoulders loose.

keep arms in stride with legs and don't make a fist.
lean back a little (upright is the key) and head up not looking at the ground. it will help breathing.

best of luck!

this from a guy who hated running distance and used to run 5 miles 3x a week for endurance. still hate it. still need to do it.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1758022&a=13553065&p=54576353

phoenix-eye
10-01-2001, 01:29 AM
lie back, shut your eyes, breath deeply, dream of jogging....

I find this method particularly useful for preventing damage to your knees.

"We had a thing to settle so I did him"
Tamai, 43, was quoted by Police as saying.

Ming the Merciless
10-01-2001, 02:28 AM
what ShaolinTiger said. The more you are able to relax the better. I used to do 10+ mile runs, relaxation is key. If you are trying to build endurance it isn't neccesary or desirable to set a blistering pace everytime you go for a run either.

Mr. Nemo
10-01-2001, 08:44 AM
Try to bounce as little as possible, it's better for your knees.

Aramus
10-02-2001, 09:44 PM
The best advice is run natural, what feels right. Should you run leaning back, forward, straight?
Here is what I know: Your body should be loose when you run but not so loose. Your stomach should be firm (not too loose or too tight). Your arm should be move with your legs (opposites of course). Pump your arms when you get tired to help pump your legs (sounds weird but it works).

If you have pain, stop! You need to start slower then. If you are sore, OK, run again.

If you will run a few miles, warm up with a mile or less, don't do static stretching...bad things man. Gradually increase your speed. When it is near the end of your run gradually decrease your speed. STRETCH NOW...

Normal stuff, drink plenty of water, wear the right shoes, wear bright clothes, try to run on one type of surface to reduce wear and tear on your legs. Ideally a rubberized track was my favorite, or grass.

David
10-03-2001, 12:22 PM
Sink your weight by relaxing as much of your body as you can. Your shoulders should not be up round your ears. Often, in long runs, it makes more sense to straighten the elbows more so that the (loose) hands hang lower. There's a lot of relaxing you can do in your legs, all of which enhances your ability.

Do not try to look like you're running. I see people jogging who use lots of energy just trying to look like a runner. They appear stiff and their movements are exaggerated. Do the minimum arm and leg motion required to move forward at the desired speed.

Once you've settled to a pace, try to breathe from the dantien through the nose in a relaxed way.

I don't like to carry water when I'm running so I drink plenty beforehand up to an hour before, and a small galss before going out and then loads again afterwards.

The powers of Kung Fu never fail!
-- Hong Kong Phooey

jun_erh
10-04-2001, 01:19 AM
Anyone dare post something on masturbation and running? :cool: