PDA

View Full Version : Cool site trashing Juko-Kai

IronFist
10-31-2001, 11:55 AM
Maybe some of you guys have seen this already (http://yonega.com/yonega/xtrapages/FStories/Juko_Kai)

He also has one for Ashida.

I'm sure most of you know about this site already, at least I would assume so, I just thought I'd post it so everyone could see what it looks like to enjoy a kick to the nuts.

Iron

[This message was edited by IronFist on 11-01-01 at 02:12 AM.]

straight blast
10-31-2001, 12:40 PM
Veeeery funny. :D

"Pain is merely weakness leaving the body"

Wongsifu
10-31-2001, 03:37 PM
man that is sooo funny i saw it before on another forum someone posted up but , i cant believe that stuff man everytime i see it it makes me laff , its just the guys face his expression , the top guy. Man
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

what do bin laden and general custer have in common????
They're both wondering where the fu(k all of those tomahawks are coming from. - donated by mojo

Shaolindynasty
10-31-2001, 05:57 PM
I saw that show on discovery and even taped it(it had some other stuff that was cool) I could tell those "combat Ki" guys sucked right away. Me and my friends were busting up about the guy who got kicked in the nuts then said in a strained voice "thank you sir" then shuffeled away slowly. :eek:

New classes New online Catalog
www.shaolindynasty.cjb.net (http://www.shaolindynasty.cjb.net)

Budokan
10-31-2001, 06:01 PM
I recorded this show when it aired. Now anytime I want a good belly-laugh I fast-forward to that section...

K. Mark Hoover

sultanpro
10-31-2001, 07:01 PM
I watched it last week, talk about a joke,
Combat Ki..........yeah whatever!!!!:D

Its not what goes in a man that defile's him, its what comes out.

Ima Pseudonym
10-31-2001, 08:48 PM
when i was a young lad of about 12-13 i was taking Shorin-Ryu karate (wasn't any kung fu in Port Arthur, TX at that time lol)

anyways, my sensei set up a seminar with this sakronowski guy to come to our school on a saturday. the sak man, his wife, and a top student named David put on a very impressive show for us. pretty much went along the lines of what you saw on the discovery channel with all the ball kickin' and throat punchin'. one thing i must say in this crazy f-ers defense is that he and his student david were a lot more impressive than any of the students on the show.

they used our black belt instructors to administer the various strikes and kicks, including having four of them punch the throat at once, so i am certain there weren't any shenanigans on their end. his wife also did some pretty sloppy looking sword work.

however, one thing that did strike me (no pun intended) as a little odd when i first saw it, was the groin kick. basically, i could tell in this particular instance that the student David was rising up on the balls (once again, no pun intended, ok maybe a little lol) of his feet right as the kick struck to lessen the blow.

being a young, unknowing little redneck i aspired to train with him, but luckily grew out of it.

now, since i have seen the discovery channel special with my now martialy educated eyes, and having the memories of our private demo made fresh again it seems pretty easy to see that all this is just conditioning and not any type of real iron body or other chi/ki based technique.

one thing i remembered was the inordinate ammount of braces and wraps the three at my school and then the students on the discovery special were wearing on various parts of their anatomy. which sparks the question, if this combat ki is basically the ability to take strikes without being injured, why are so many of the students injured?

anyways, just a little waltz down memory lane, if anyone wants any other detail i will see what i can remember....

D

I love the smell of iron palm in the morning, it smells like.... victory

gfhegel21
10-31-2001, 09:13 PM
Let a boxer punch them in the jaw. See if they have iron teeth. Or feint to the jaw then hit the solar plexus. Or would this disrupt their combat ki?

How about their jaws? Also, on the Discovery channel they didn't talk about any followups to see what kind of bruises they had the next day; a bruise doesn't appear instantly.

The human torso/body can take a lot of punishment. That's about all you got to see there. I guarantee you if they let a group of boxers work them over those ****ers would be messed up.

Budokan
10-31-2001, 09:59 PM
One thing I don't understand is even if they could take some punishment, what kind of self-defense is that? What do they do, let the mugger or father-raper beat 'em until their arms get tired before they hobble away to victory? It doesn't make any sense. Why would anyone go in for this claptrap unless they had a masochistic desire in the first place...?

Or am I missing some fundamental aspect of the art? Is it really FUN to get kicked in the jewels?

K. Mark Hoover

IronFist
11-01-2001, 07:05 AM
Well, I don't know about the bull**** he teaches, but the purpose of *real* iron body is to ensure you are protected should an attack slip through your defenses. Makes sense, right?

Iron

gfhegel21
11-01-2001, 07:26 AM
I imagine being able to take a punch is always a good thing. As far as those clowns go, I agree with Braden; I'm not sure what kind of strategy they're advocating. The picture on that site above is hilarious; the dude wandering off with his shoulders lumped after getting kicked in the gonads.

Lost_Disciple
11-01-2001, 12:31 PM
Okay i been drinkin, but i'm bustin a gut that they used the "sei" from "josei joi"- which is a secksual position. Dang wish they showed the kanji on that site. lmfao
:D :p :rolleyes: :D :p :rolleyes: :D :p :rolleyes: :)

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/4_3/images/gk1.jpg
Just some thoughts from an ignoramus.

Rolling Elbow
11-01-2001, 10:39 PM
Juko kai certificates and teachings in all 20 arts they teach (god knows how many are)..but the combat chi stuff is for real.

I wish i could find the clips of my instructor kicking one of his old crew in the neck and groin. The groin is being hit..i have hit them in the groin myself while their legs were spread apart further, and while there is "some" trickery, the nads are still getting hit. Kinda stupid yeah..but it makes you more confident WHEN you are blocking or evading.

It works....the organization is slightly fraudulent though...thousands of $$$$ or said to be sent a week to Okinawan officials to be able to operate under the "seidokan" banner. Who wouldn't want a few thousad a week though right?! :)

Michael Panzerotti
Taijutsu Nobody from the Great White North..