PDA

View Full Version : tarm sarm's hung kuen training?

aussie1981
06-03-2011, 12:25 AM
Any one know how far he got? did he do the iron wire form etc?

David Jamieson
06-03-2011, 06:10 AM
Any one know how far he got? did he do the iron wire form etc?

not sure, but he didn't propagate the style.

He propagated Bak Hsing CLF.

HungSingBoxer
06-06-2011, 04:51 PM
Meaning of word: PROPOGATE prop·a·gate (prp-gt)
v. prop·a·gat·ed, prop·a·gat·ing, prop·a·gates
v.tr.

1. To cause (an organism) to multiply or breed.
2. To breed (offspring).
3. To transmit (characteristics) from one generation to another.
4. To cause to extend to a broader area or larger number; spread: missionaries who propagate the faith.
5. To make widely known; publicize: propagate a rumor.
6. Physics To cause (a wave, for example) to move in some direction or through a medium; transmit.
v.intr.
1. To have offspring; multiply.
2. To extend to a broader area or larger number; spread.
3. Physics To move through a medium.

Tam Sam did Propogate Buk Sing. He is the Founder of this Branch.
That is what his students were taught and continue to spread. Tam Sams Buk Sing version of Choy Lee Fut.

See English meaning of word PROPOGATE above

We all know there are 3 Distinct Branches - Chan family Hung Sing, Hung Sing and Buk Sing of Choy lee fut system.

Sifu Frank you seem to strenuously want to combine Buk Sing with your Hung Sing when you know and are aware Buk Sing are their own people, their OWN DISTICT BRANCH.

Sifu Frank below is an exert from your own blog:

http://clfqna.blogspot.com/

Now, Buk Sing Choy Lee Fut is basically the Hung Sing Kwoon, but with a little different flavor since its founder Tam Sam was always striving to better his gung fu. But the Buk Sing name came about because Tam Sam moved to the northern side of town, where they called themselves Siu Buk Hung Sing Choy Lee Fut style. But that was just too long to say to people everyday, so eventually Tam Sam, who was a die hard Hung Sing Man, was talked into calling his school the Buk Sing or Northern Victory Choy Lee Fut. Within Tam Sam's Choy Lee Fut he developed things not taught in other branches. He was a very forward thinking man and evolutionary, makin major contributions to the Choy Lee Fut system.

So it was not just a name change, but also different forward thinking techniques and methods not taught in other Branches as you say above.

This is why Buk Sing is different and why Tam Sam did PROPOGATE Buk Sing to his students and followers.

hskwarrior
06-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Ok thanks. (http://www.youtube.com/user/SerenadingUnicorn?v=dClvyT_iaq8&feature=pyv&ad=9674507852&kw=gangsters%20paradise)

aussie1981
06-06-2011, 11:37 PM
Cheers hskwarrior, was it the Lacey's you spoke to? i met Vince and Shane at a seminar in Perth back in 2002. Good people.

HungSingBoxer
06-07-2011, 01:56 AM
Cheers hskwarrior, was it the Lacey's you spoke to? i met Vince and Shane at a seminar in Perth back in 2002. Good people.

aussie1981, since you are from Perth you should speak to Master George Michaelson from Perth Buk Sing Choy Lay Fut Academy. He is at your doorstep, he is Buk Sing and he will surely provide you with accurate answers.

Wasting your time with know it all retards on this forum, will lead you down the wrong path... :rolleyes::D

Brief History Lesson:

Q.Did Jeong Hung Sing study with Grandmaster Chan Heung?
A. YES

Q.Did he complete his studies with him ( Grandmaster Chan Heung ) ?
A. NO

Q.Did Jeong Hung Sing further his studies with the Green Grass Monk?
A.YES

Q.Did Jeong Hung Sing synthesise his learning from both these Teachers and from his previous teachers?
A.YES but mostly used Fut Gar to create Fut San Hung Sing

Q.Did Jeong Hung Sing create Fut San Hung Sing?
A.YES

Q.Did he propogate Fut San Hung Sing?
A.YES

Now......

Q.Did Tam Sam study Hung Kuen at a young age?
A.YES

Q.Did he learn from Hung Sing Master Lui Charn?
A.YES

Q.Did he learn the whole system Forms etc from Master Lui Charn?
A.NO

Q.Why?
A. Cause Tam Sam beat up his Si Sooks/Si Hings while his Master was away and he got expelled from the school

Q.Did Tam Sam love to fight?
A.YES

Q. Did Tam Sam continue fighting other styles/people to further develop his skill and create different better methods in fighting?
A.YES

Q.Did Tam Sam evolve the little learning he got from his Master Lui Charn?
A.YES

NOW REMEMBER TAM SAM DIDNT EVEN KNOW ANY OF THE FORMS OF HIS HUNG SING STYLE.... OBVIOUSLY HE ONLY KNEW A LITTLE BIT OF THE STYLE THEN.

TAM SAM LEARNT THE FORMS LATER ON FROM CROSS TRAINING WITH ONE OF HIS SI HINGS, WHILE FURTHER DEVELOPING HIS OWN PERSONAL GROWTH AND TECHNIQUES BY ADDING TO WHAT HE WAS TAUGHT AND BETTERING IT.

Q.Did Tam Sam create a different version of the VERY LITTLE kung fu he learnt from his Hung Sing Teacher?
A.YES

Q.Does this mean he PROPOGATED his new improved version with different fighting methods and techniques, not used in Fut San Hung Sing to his students?
A.YES, OBVIOUSLY.

Sounds like Jeong Hung Sing and Tam Sam had alot in common, like creating a unique style of their own incorporating knowledge from their Masters and from Tam Sams standpoint, his own fighting experience with other masters and passing it on to future generations.

So YES, TAM SAM Did Propogate Buk Sing.

Now aussie1981 I hope this helps, but if not, speak to those closest to the source, who are actually Buk Sing Master George Michaelson from Perth where you live, will have answers for you.

Maybe Buk Sing should just be called BUK SING FUT GAR :)

aussie1981
06-07-2011, 03:28 AM
Former student of Vince and George mate, thought i'd throw the question out there. Big fan of Tarm Sarms forward thinking, attitude to change thing's and the cutting down of next to useless crappy forms and training functional skill. :cool:

aussie1981
06-07-2011, 03:34 AM
No offence intended to those who love to training forms i just gone off them, never my favourite thing to train;)

aussie1981
06-07-2011, 06:54 AM
Doing a style called Yang Mian now, it's a family style of Mian chuan that's over here in Australia. No forms apart from chi kung, it's a system composed of fa jing and then expressing that through free movement.

Still train buk sing at home when i get a chance and still love the style, iff i had the time i'd get back into it at either Vince or George's kwoon's. Sounds like you've got some pretty high contacts within the Buk sing family, do you train Buk Sing aswell or pure Hing Sing?

V.O.R.
06-07-2011, 08:27 AM
Hola Hskwarrior,

was browsing the net when i came across this website with information similar to what you're explaining....thought it was pretty interesting...

quote (http://www.buksing.com/history/chui_cheung/page_1.html): The name of the school was then called Hong Sing Tam Kwoon. It was much later that Master Tam moved to a place in Guangzhou called "Siew Buk" (Siu Buk) to continue his teaching in Hong Sing martial arts. As popularity of the school grew, some of Master Tam's senior students, in particular, Lei Kum, Jou Hin and a few others proposed to adopt the name "Buk Sing" to distinguish their school from other Hong Sing schools (by that time Hong Sing Kwoon was such a popular name in pugilism in Southern China that there was a proliferation of branches everywhere). Despite Sifu Chui Cheung's protest, the name "Buk Sing" was finally adopted for Hong Sing Tam Kwoon, as there was overwhelming support to this proposal. End Qoute

as well, i found this:
Do you know what Buk Sing stood for? It stood for Hung SING CLF as practised by Tarm Sarm and his students from the district of Siu BUK, hence Buk Sing Gwoon.

If you seak to the elders, Tarm Sarm himself was reluctant to change the school name to Buk Sing, it was more widely used only after his death. Also it has always been CLF Buk Sing Gwoon. Putting Buk Sing infront of CLF was considered bad manners in the olden days.

HungSingBoxer
06-07-2011, 02:40 PM
[QUOTE=hskwarrior;

How sifu George can offer you the more accurate answers as opposed to the many other HIGH PROFILE Buk Sing sifu's out there is beyond my comprehension.?[/QUOTE]

Sifu George has Over 30 years experience so I'd say he is very credible.

Also you standing next to Kong Hing in a picture is not much of a meeting. Your just a chubby gwai lo, standing in a picture. Kong Hing doesn't speak English so your conversations were not with him so your info would be 2nd or 3rd hand.

I've emailed some Buk Sing people so hope they reply as I'd like further info myself... Any Buk Sing out there care to add anything?

Your not that important as you make yourself out to be Franky...

V.O.R.
06-07-2011, 06:05 PM
maybe you should change your name to mouth boxer. it seems like you are one of those trolls who chooses to hide behind a stage name. feeling pretty safe behind your compooter huh?

If you were more than "FRANKY" is why aren't you going by your real name so that we might bask in your awesomeness?

hskwarrior
06-07-2011, 06:18 PM
LMAO......so THAT's YOU?!?!?!?! LMAO
Com' on, Com'on! I'll show ya a thing er two or three!!!!!

http://www.hittoon.com/165/92370-boxing-leprechaun-with-a-pipe-in-his-mouth.jpg

HungSingBoxer
06-07-2011, 06:41 PM
V.o.r is that you in the avatar?

You live on a mountain? Wow thanks for disclosing things about yourself Hmmmm hypocrite!

You look kinda cute. you look like your the receiver of swollen goods ;)

Frank it's best personal comments are left alone.... It works both ways.

HungSingBoxer
06-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Not admitting that Frank. Just saying personal is personal. Leave it at that. Best for both of us as this is a public forum.

P.s I emailed a few buk sing guys so waiting for reply.

V.O.R.
06-07-2011, 06:53 PM
mouthboxer,

yes i am the guy in the avatar pic. you like me? are you cute?

HungSingBoxer
06-07-2011, 07:18 PM
V.o.r I am cute so you will like what you feel... Have you seen Hangover2? The scene where the groom received loving from the tranny and he loves it??? Well so will you x

Frank are you now saying there is no Buk Sing and their methods/ techniques are not different to Hung Sing? Who do you think invented and which Branch uses and has mastered the Chap Choi? Hung Sing? NO! It was Buk Sing, the fighters!

Tam Sam did propagate Buk Sing.

P.s still waiting for email replies.

V.O.R.
06-08-2011, 05:47 PM
Can someone say "TRANSPARENT?" hahahahahahahahaha
It doesn't sound right BROTHER when you try to sound tough! LMAO

I knoooooowwww who YOUUUUU are!!!!!! You really should be ashamed of yourself. you are lower than scum.

Totally. I've my own ideas about who this mouth boxer is. his hatred for you and your lineage frank oozes from every word he typed. I know i'd be totally emabarrassed if I were his sigong.

HungSingBoxer
06-08-2011, 07:56 PM
Unfortunately my sigong has passed away and I was not able to meet him.
So no need to discuss him.

When I receive email responses I shall post them.

bawang
06-08-2011, 08:17 PM
er frank i want you to know i am not him

u said hes me than u deleted that post

bawang
06-08-2011, 08:28 PM
you can easily win lineage wars by just looking fit and strong and do your forms good, bro.

bawang
06-08-2011, 08:43 PM
its about image man. a big belly give u bad image

if u lose ur belly i garentee you will quadruple ur students and u can reach out to more young kids

bawang
06-08-2011, 09:28 PM
very nice

friendship knuckle touch