PDA

View Full Version : I hope i did the right thing!!!!!

hskwarrior
06-09-2011, 10:03 AM
Ok, moments ago the whole neighborhood heard this little girl screaming bloody murder. So much so that i went downstairs to see what was going on and if i could help.

I noticed this lady on her balcony with her little daughter in a full nelson and screaming like mad. I watched for a moment until the lady lifted her daughter up and over the balcony i ran over and placed the lady's attention on myself. i began yelling at her then she put her baby down and her utter rage was now placed on me.

She literally threw everything out of her apartment at me including the little puppy and the dog house, kitchen sink and every thing she could get her hands on. I was ducking n dodging but keeping her attention on me instead of her daughter. even as the cops were arriving i was ducking n dodging. Thank god for my CLF...

I really though she was going to come after me, i would have preferred it that way to keep her daughter safe.

Im shooken up a little bit and needed to vent. thank god the girl is safe. now only thing left is to find the puppy

bawang
06-09-2011, 10:09 AM
why didnt you grabble her with the choy lee fut grabbling

hskwarrior
06-09-2011, 10:25 AM
Dude, i was 20 feet below this lady who was going to throw her daughter off the balcony. i was going to catch her if her mother threw her over.

pls, don't joke right now.

sanjuro_ronin
06-09-2011, 10:45 AM
I assume you called the police?

hskwarrior
06-09-2011, 10:51 AM
I left my phone upstairs so i couldn't call the cops. But i was yelling to my neighbors to call them while i had this lady maintain her focus and anger on me. She really threw everything at me trying to hit me with what she could.

When the cops took her away she was kicking, spitting, and screaming like mad. I feel so bad for the puppy that she threw about fifty feet. it took off running and can't be found right now.

what an experience. :(

CLFNole
06-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Was the woman on drugs or something? You did the right thing. Some people don't deserve to have children and she sounds like one of them.

sanjuro_ronin
06-09-2011, 11:38 AM
Sounds typical of a drug enduced rage.

hskwarrior
06-09-2011, 11:39 AM
Clfnole,

the lady had a psychotic episode. the way her daughter was screaming i knew someone was in danger. I feel bad cause the little girls mom got taken away but her mom could have killed her if i didn't step in. I pray this little girl understands i tried to do the right thing. :(

I've seen this lady many many times and all seemed great. looked like a great mom and daughter looked happy. but she straight lost it this morning. kept telling me the ghosts from the cemetary only a few feet away were going to come and get me.

i still feel so bad for the puppy...little chihuahua.... fell at least 30 feet down after being thrown out the window. I hope its ok.

hskwarrior
06-09-2011, 11:43 AM
is it normal afterwards to wonder if i did the right thing? I'm feeling so bad for the little girl right now.

CLFNole
06-09-2011, 11:44 AM
Wow that is some crazy sh1te!!! If in fact it was caused by some mental illness that is unfortunate for all involved. Hope the little girl and the puppy are ok.

hskwarrior
06-09-2011, 12:01 PM
I just went outside and the puppy came back but its limping. the humane society is coming to take a look.

I've seen some crazy people before, but never one who tried to hurt their child.

I apologized to the little girls grandmother for being the reason so many of her things were destroyed but she thanked me for helping.

Lucas
06-09-2011, 12:09 PM
is it normal afterwards to wonder if i did the right thing? I'm feeling so bad for the little girl right now.

completely normal man. you did the right thing.

hskwarrior
06-09-2011, 12:13 PM
Hskwarrior = working class hero today
If I had any say in your Hung Mun, I'd recommend you for promotion.

May you live to see the smiles of your grandchildren's grandchildren.

I'll pass that on to our Grand Master at Hung Mun. HAha....

Thanks everybody. I'm kinda emothional now during this come down part....I'm having a hard time with this cause i know what it feels like not having your mother with you. but if what i did actually saved this childs life....i'm gonna have to be happy about that.

i'm happy the grandmother isn't upset with me.

Lucas
06-09-2011, 12:19 PM

thats all you need to know that you provided a good service for that family.

mig
06-09-2011, 12:21 PM
I'll pass that on to our Grand Master at Hung Mun. HAha....

Thanks everybody. I'm kinda emothional now during this come down part....I'm having a hard time with this cause i know what it feels like not having your mother with you. but if what i did actually saved this childs life....i'm gonna have to be happy about that.

A warrior doesn't get emotional. You did the right thing and you should contact the police and social services so you don't get caught in legal battles. Next time make sure to call the police first and then act if necessary. Children in between crazy people are the most vulnerable but beware of the law as we usually don't know what we are supposed to do legally. Great act of a savior.

hskwarrior
06-09-2011, 12:21 PM
Thanks Lucas....I think the shock of the situation is finally setting in and my mind is fried right now. ****, not the whole block is gonna know my face.....oh well.

I think i'll offer this little girl some free training in CLF.

Fei Ling Skool
06-09-2011, 12:23 PM
Frank you did the right thing. More people should speak up. Don't second guess it. Go hit a heavy bag now and clear the doubts.

Lucas
06-09-2011, 12:26 PM
hey having your face known for doing good isnt so bad ;)

id say go for it on the CLF if it makes sense for her. at least maybe then she can in the future in the very least.

who knows, maybe this will be the beginning of a long and healthy martial arts career for her

hskwarrior
06-09-2011, 12:27 PM
A warrior doesn't get emotional. You did the right thing and you should contact the police and social services so you don't get caught in legal battles. Next time make sure to call the police first and then act if necessary. Children in between crazy people are the most vulnerable but beware of the law as we usually don't know what we are supposed to do legally. Great act of a savior.

The way it went down was i just wanted to see what the screaming was about. I stayed on my property and just watched. when the lady moved towards the balcony and lifted up her child that is when i started screaming for people to call 911.

I wasn't even thinking. i just acted. somehow i knew if i can keep this lady's attenion on me till the cops come her daughter will be ok. I just learned that the grand mother was there and actually fled the apartment in fear for her life. but i wasn't going to step in if it was just a family affair. yet, tossing your 7 year old daughter over the balcony seemed like the right moment to step in.

it took 5 cops and four or so paramedics just to keep this lady on the gurney.

Thanks Mig.....i do appreciate that.

hskwarrior
06-09-2011, 12:30 PM
Frank you did the right thing. More people should speak up. Don't second guess it. Go hit a heavy bag now and clear the doubts.

Fei Ling.....

I went down and let it out on the bag a little while ago. I had to. thank you for your kind words.

But man, that lady really did throw EVERY THING she could get her hands on at me from the dog, doghouse, chairs, bowls, clocks, cell phone, make up bag.....but it worked. she stopped the attack on her daughter and tried to kill me. LMAO....

I even helped her grandmother clean up afterwards......

sanjuro_ronin
06-09-2011, 12:49 PM

The preservation of life is paramount, you did the right thing.
Even for a CLF guy.
:D

hskwarrior
06-09-2011, 12:52 PM
RIGHT ON brother.....RIGHT ON!!!!!

what an experience.

David Jamieson
06-09-2011, 01:07 PM
I will also validate that you did the right thing.

right action, right intention, right speech was yours today Frank. :)

hskwarrior
06-09-2011, 01:12 PM
thanks david. coming from you that means alot. ;)

wolf3001
06-09-2011, 02:06 PM
You did what you could and kept her from going after the child.

I was in a similar position I unfortunately made the mistake of thinking I would intimidate this guy enough that he would back off. But he came at me and I hurt him I wish things had gone better but at least the kids and his wife weren't hurt.

Violent Designs
06-09-2011, 02:08 PM
People like that need to be institutionalized and lobotomized.

Dale Dugas
06-09-2011, 02:36 PM
Brother,

Where many would sit back and let the obligation of protection of the daughter fall into the hands of the police, who would not have gotten there in time before the child was thrown over the balcony, you stepped up and made sure that the mother did not harm her child.

I owe you a beer, brother.

hskwarrior
06-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Thanks guys.

I can only hope the mother of the little girl will understand why i stepped in. i pray she will appreciate a stranger cared enough to step in.

Dale, i'd like to take you up on that one day

TenTigers
06-09-2011, 05:35 PM
of course you did the right thing. Any time an adult is threatening the life of a small child, and you intervene, you are doing the right thing.
You are a righteous individual.
That is because you are a TCMAist.
MMA guys and Glorified Kickboxers would just turn around and go back into their apartments.
Probably turn up their eminem to drown out the screams and do another bong hit...
maybe they'd try to fim it on their cellphones and post it on youtube.

aussie1981
06-09-2011, 05:42 PM
Good on ya mate, i'm sure the little girl will apreciate what you did, try not to think to deep into it. You did the right thing, i'm sure a couple of frothy beers will calm the nervs and i'm sure the mum will get whatever help or treatment she needs.;)

hskwarrior
06-09-2011, 05:47 PM
Thanks TT.....and you're right. no one wanted to step in to help. everyone only came out when the police finally got there.

hskwarrior
06-09-2011, 05:48 PM
Aussie,

I pray this lady gets help cause no little girl should be without her mother. I don't normally drink beer too much, but i think this calls for a couple of shot of petron.

thanks brother

Jimbo
06-09-2011, 07:30 PM
Hi, hskwarrior.
Yup, you did the right thing. And I think it's perfectly normal to kind of second-guess yourself afterwards, but you don't need to. You did what needed to be done. And you weren't responsible for the woman throwing all her stuff (and her dog) at you; the sole responsibility for that lies on her head.

This may sound odd to some people, but I feel that everything happens for a reason. You were the right person to be there at that moment, and it worked out about as positively as it could have.

My hat's off to you, sir.

hskwarrior
06-09-2011, 07:36 PM
This may sound odd to some people, but I feel that everything happens for a reason. You were the right person to be there at that moment, and it worked out about as positively as it could have.

My hat's off to you, sir.

Everything DOES happen for a reason bro. i feel you there. In my neighborhood i hear all kinds of screams and loud mofo's at all hours. But i instinctively reacted to these screams and went to see. i came out moments before she lifted her daughter up...at that point i knew she wasn't mentally aware of what she was doing. the fear on her daughters face is burned into my mind now. But i was the only person out there while everyone just looked from their windows.

Im happy i didn't second guess it as it happened. and i was going to risk my own safety for this little girl. why god chose me to do this....i don't know. but i'm glad he did. things just fell into the right places. her daughter is safe and in the care of her grandmother at the moment.

you know what? i also ran out there barefoot without thinking..there was so much glass on the floor afterwards i don't know how my feet didn't get cut up at all.

thanks Jimbo.

Runlikehell
06-09-2011, 08:37 PM
Rest easy knowing that you did the right thing.
The little girl may not realise it straight away, but in time I'm sure she will.

My hat goes off to you as well. That was inspiring.

cerebus
06-09-2011, 08:56 PM
Good on ya bro! You did the right thing! Glad the girl is okay. Sorry to hear about the poor dog, but it sounds like he/she might be okay as well. Sounds like it all turned out about as well as it possibly could have, due to your intervention. Glad you were there... :)

diego
06-09-2011, 11:03 PM
The preservation of life is paramount, you did the right thing.
Even for a CLF guy.
:D Sounds like you are lucky she didn't have a firearm handy lol fuq

hskwarrior
06-10-2011, 06:28 AM
Thanks folks...I've never felt more drained in my life. I also slept super deep as well.

Diego, yeah, i guess i am lucky. that thought never crossed my mind. and hey, if it meant her daughter would be safe i'd let the lady try and shoot me. i could just hide under her balcony

jdhowland
06-10-2011, 06:08 PM
Frank, remember that you were just in a fight. What you did worked and the child is safe. But you were fighting for a life and that's a traumatic experience. It won't go away soon. Doubts and concerns after the fact are normal.

It's easy for us to say from a distance, "relax, now," but it really takes time.

Good one on ya, bro.

hskwarrior
06-10-2011, 06:21 PM
thanks bro.

yeah, by the time i finally went to sleep i was so mentally drained. then i had nightmares about the whole situation all over again. but today is a better day and my mind is still on it, i know even if this girl is taken away from her mother i did save her life. and maybe when her moms head clears up she may thank me for stepping in. who knows.

but i do appreciate all the support i got on this. thanks again folks.

CLFLPstudent
06-10-2011, 09:22 PM
People like that need to be institutionalized and lobotomized.

Hey, I think Frank did the right thing. That's not a very nice thing to say about him!:cool:

-David

Violent Designs
06-10-2011, 09:52 PM
Hey, I think Frank did the right thing. That's not a very nice thing to say about him!:cool:

-David

I'm referring to the crazy psychopath sad excuse for a "mother."

CLFLPstudent
06-10-2011, 10:36 PM
I know, I was being sarcastic....

-David

hskwarrior
06-11-2011, 07:26 AM
Hey, I think Frank did the right thing. That's not a very nice thing to say about him!

-David

Watch it! don't get ya self penetrated!!!! LOL