PDA

View Full Version : New Wing Chun Magazine- Wing Chun Illustrated

WCgreg
06-11-2011, 10:12 AM
I'm in no way connected to this magazine, and I haven't even got the first issue through the post so i can't give judgements but the preview looks amazing and I thought I'd pass on the info, quite expensive but the magazine is custom printed

So here it is!

http://www.wingchunillustrated.magcloud.com/

haven't posted a URL on a forum for a long time so just copy and paste if the url doesn't work

Hendrik
06-11-2011, 12:14 PM
Great magazine with so many talented Wing Chun/ Weng Chun people contributing!

Vajramusti
06-11-2011, 05:16 PM
I'm in no way connected to this magazine, and I haven't even got the first issue through the post so i can't give judgements but the preview looks amazing and I thought I'd pass on the info, quite expensive but the magazine is custom printed

So here it is!

http://www.wingchunillustrated.magcloud.com/

haven't posted a URL on a forum for a long time so just copy and paste if the url doesn't work

joy chaudhuri

Lee Chiang Po
06-11-2011, 08:17 PM
It will do well. Wing Chun has a huge following. The nicest thing is that you can read and appreciate Wing Chun without having to read through the mma fodder.

Dragonzbane76
06-12-2011, 12:09 AM
does it revolve around which lineage is correct and how WC has grappling hidden in it forms? :rolleyes:

WCgreg
06-12-2011, 06:07 AM
does it revolve around which lineage is correct and how WC has grappling hidden in it forms? :rolleyes:

I don't know if this was a serious post considering the rolling eyes ;) but it has no lineage preference

I think there was a similar magazine attempted a while back but it failed, hopefully this one doesn't as wing chun is waaaay more popular now

Lee Chiang Po
06-12-2011, 08:14 PM

If it don't, it will get around to it eventually.

Phil Redmond
06-13-2011, 07:58 AM
I wish them luck. I like to support all WC people.

wtxs
06-13-2011, 09:28 AM

I know what you meant with the :rolleyes:.

That would an wast of time, money and the paper. Why would their risk rehashing something all the "WC" forums had debated to death.

k gledhill
06-13-2011, 10:19 AM
Weird seeing my old sifu on the cover....

Hendrik
06-13-2011, 11:18 AM
I think it is expensive for a magazine.

LoneTiger108
06-13-2011, 12:36 PM
It's good to be able to preview the whole magazine online, and I reckon going digital is definitely the way forward :)

CFT
06-14-2011, 02:05 AM
It's good to be able to preview the whole magazine online, and I reckon going digital is definitely the way forward :)A shame they're not offering a digital version of the magazine, only a print version.

An interesting publication/distribution model. Essentially vanity press for periodicals. Simple method of submission. Sales are split 70:30 between publisher and magcloud.

Graham H
06-14-2011, 02:06 AM
Weird seeing my old sifu on the cover....

Which would incline me not to buy that edition! :D

GH

MaikuB
06-14-2011, 03:38 AM
A shame they're not offering a digital version of the magazine, only a print version.

digital version for ipad, iphone and ipod touch is supposed to be out next month. their fb page says it's already been submitted

CFT
06-14-2011, 03:40 AM
Which would incline me not to buy that edition! :DHave you looked at the preview? Articles from David Peterson, Alan Gibson, John Smith. I was tempted but I'd prefer an electronic version.

k gledhill
06-14-2011, 04:12 AM
Which would incline me not to buy that edition! :D

GH

yeah , been there done that :D

Lee Chiang Po
06-14-2011, 05:32 PM
The material of the magazine will mostly amount to people that are never on this forum, ever. When you look at the WC forum you will see just a hand full of people that post here all the time, with the occasional new person now and then. But mostly they get insulted and talked down to, and if there is anyone else out there reading it, they keep quite about it. Besides, they keep bringing up the same old tired subjects and argue about it endlessly. Nothing ever changes. The magazine will be a refreshing change.

Graham H
06-14-2011, 11:29 PM
The material of the magazine will mostly amount to people that are never on this forum, ever. When you look at the WC forum you will see just a hand full of people that post here all the time, with the occasional new person now and then. But mostly they get insulted and talked down to, and if there is anyone else out there reading it, they keep quite about it. Besides, they keep bringing up the same old tired subjects and argue about it endlessly. Nothing ever changes. The magazine will be a refreshing change.

Yeah because nobody can argue with the pages of a magazine can they (sarcasm)??? :rolleyes:

GH

LoneTiger108
06-15-2011, 11:21 AM
Have you looked at the preview? Articles from David Peterson, Alan Gibson, John Smith. I was tempted but I'd prefer an electronic version.

I checked the preview, but in some ways I'm like Kev and G! :eek:

I can't see why the publishers chose a single individual, Victor Kan, to 'launch' the mag with. There were so many guys involved in this launch edition I would have thought a cover that showed us all as one family would have been better. Now I know he's still one of the only direct students of Ip Man left alive, but... well I will leave it there!

Vajramusti
06-15-2011, 11:38 AM
I checked the preview, but in some ways I'm like Kev and G! :eek:

I can't see why the publishers chose a single individual, Victor Kan, to 'launch' the mag with. There were so many guys involved in this launch edition I would have thought a cover that showed us all as one family would have been better. Now I know he's still one of the only direct students of Ip Man left alive, but... well I will leave it there!
----------------------------------------------------------------
Why quibble over an editor's choice? If there are other issues and the editor is wise there will be others. Vote with your feet- buy or not by.

joy

LoneTiger108
06-15-2011, 11:58 AM
----------------------------------------------------------------
Why quibble over an editor's choice? If there are other issues and the editor is wise there will be others. Vote with your feet- buy or not by.

joy

Hi Joy! I guess I will buy :D And maybe contribute one day if they're interested!

wolf3001
06-15-2011, 01:54 PM
I just got paid and ordered me a copy just now. As for cost I have spotted magazines I was interested in that were far more expensive than this. I have a hell of a time finding Kung Fu Magazine here now everyone has Black Belt but the only place I find Kung Fu is the local Hastings. We just need to support this and if any want them to do something we need to suggest it. Im not sure who all here is qualified to write articles but I think we could make some suggestions. I have seen a lot of martial arts forums when I first came online looking for Wing Chun stuff I found a lot of arguing over who was right and many Wing Chun bashing threads. I can't tell you how many times I had some kids tell me they would destroy me with their Boxing or BJJ that im wasting my time learning Wing Chun. Im trying to be more open minded about other systems and unlike some people I have trained with im open to evolving and thinking outside of the box. I have seen several techniques used in ways that were not taught to me it just proves to me that many simple things can be applied to different situations. I hope this magazine is good and I hope people get the word out im going to try and get my classmates to look into it.

Wing Chun Illustrated Magazine on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/wingchunillustrated?ref=ts&sk=app_11007063052#!/wingchunillustrated?sk=wall

couch
06-15-2011, 03:57 PM
If you want to write an article because you feel you can contribute, contact the editor.

It's just that easy. Almost easier than b*tching about the current content. *Almost*

wolf3001
06-15-2011, 08:23 PM
If you want to write an article because you feel you can contribute, contact the editor.

It's just that easy. Almost easier than b*tching about the current content. *Almost*

Thats what im saying if anyone wants something they don't find in the magazine contact them and suggest it.

wolf3001
06-16-2011, 11:27 PM
I talked to whoever is on their Facebook page and mentioned us here the person responded saying they tried to get on here but got an error message while creating an account so they are working on it.

Dantien
06-17-2011, 01:58 AM
review of the new magazine here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMtcvgyYfV4&feature=player_embedded

WCI Magazine
06-22-2011, 04:10 AM
Hey guys,

I'm the Publisher/Editor of the new Wing Chun Illustrated Magazine. If you have any questions about the publication, please let me.

:)

editor-in-chief@wingchunillustrated.com
www.wingchunillustrated.com
www.wingchunillustrated.magcloud.com
www.facebook.com/wingchunillustrated
www.twitter.com/wcillustrated

WCI Magazine
06-24-2011, 02:50 PM
Hey guys, I'm very delighted to announce that the premiere issue of Wing Chun Illustrated Magazine is now on sale in the Apple App Store! $5.99 per issue. 1-year subscription (6 issues) $29.99.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/wing-chun-illustrated/id443392834?mt=8