PDA

View Full Version : Pulling Bruises

vociferor
06-11-2011, 08:18 PM
When you "rub out" your bruises, you're supposed to "pull" them AWAY from your heart and not TOWARDS your heart... is that correct?

Razaunida
06-11-2011, 09:51 PM
And what do you do when you bruise your toe?

Veins carry blood up. Herbs for blood stagnation such as hong hua go to the heart. Not only does it huo xue it also directs them toward the heart.

Moving is the most important.

taai gihk yahn
06-12-2011, 05:11 AM
When you "rub out" your bruises, you're supposed to "pull" them AWAY from your heart and not TOWARDS your heart... is that correct?

it really doesn't matter, because the venous / lymphatic system moves it all back towards the heart regardless of what direction you rub superficially; probably this belief stems from some metaphorical concept of the body, e.g. - that you want to push the "poisons" away from the heart so it will go out via the extremities; the reality is that the venous blood and lymphatic fluid get picked up by their respective vessels and moved from the periphery to dump back into the heart for "recycling";

the "simple" way to test if there is an actual difference in terms of which might cause the bruise to go away faster, is to rub half a bruise one way and half the other way, or two separate ones in either direction; you may not be able to generalize, but at least for yourself you would see if one works better than the other...

Scott R. Brown
06-12-2011, 07:24 AM
it really doesn't matter, because the venous / lymphatic system moves it all back towards the heart regardless of what direction you rub superficially; probably this belief stems from some metaphorical concept of the body, e.g. - that you want to push the "poisons" away from the heart so it will go out via the extremities; the reality is that the venous blood and lymphatic fluid get picked up by their respective vessels and moved from the periphery to dump back into the heart for "recycling";

the "simple" way to test if there is an actual difference in terms of which might cause the bruise to go away faster, is to rub half a bruise one way and half the other way, or two separate ones in either direction; you may not be able to generalize, but at least for yourself you would see if one works better than the other...

If you want to experiment just let me know, I'll be happy to come over and give you some bruises!

taai gihk yahn
06-12-2011, 10:38 AM
If you want to experiment just let me know, I'll be happy to come over and give you some bruises!

don't worry, I've been massaging the one you left on my heart, the day that you went away (it's still there)

TenTigers
06-12-2011, 11:10 AM
what if you get one in the chest?

Scott R. Brown
06-12-2011, 03:18 PM
what if you get one in the chest?

What if you get one on your penus?

TenTigers
06-12-2011, 03:29 PM
What is you get one on your penus?
I have found great results rubbing both ways...
but don't use dit da jow..better off with something oil based.

mooyingmantis
06-12-2011, 05:30 PM
No need to "rub out a bruise". Ice a hematoma (bruise) for the first 48 hours, no heat. After 48 hours apply heat. Poof!!! Bruise be gone!

taai gihk yahn
06-12-2011, 07:40 PM
No need to "rub out a bruise". Ice a hematoma (bruise) for the first 48 hours, no heat. After 48 hours apply heat. Poof!!! Bruise be gone!

madness; shear madness...

TenTigers
06-12-2011, 07:44 PM
ice is for dead people.

Lee Chiang Po
06-12-2011, 08:01 PM

Don't really matter, as if it turns loose a clot it will stop somewhere in the body.

David Jamieson
06-13-2011, 06:08 AM
Rubbing a bruise breaks up all the stagnant and now empty and dead red blood cells which are piling up at the wound site to feed oxygen to the injury.

Ice impedes the flow and heat speeds it up. So Ice then Heat will stop hematoma from forming, then clear what hematoma did form.

with dit da, the process is similar, without the ice. The herbs and alcohol keep the flow happening a little faster and with a rub, a little faster still. the healing process is indeed faster and measurably so when you use dit da jow.

TGY is correct, you can't rub anything away from your heart. It's a closed system lol. The only way to get blood out of you is to puncture you! Surely, that's not worth it for a bruise? The body re-absorbs and makes waste of all materials left over.

Lee Chiang Po
06-13-2011, 06:05 PM
When I was a tiny fellow I seen a woman that went through a windshield face first. Her face was huge and black and purple. One huge hematoma sp? The doctor said she would always be that color unless something was done, so he stuck these nasty leaches all over her face and chest. They took the color away and left her back with a natural pink look. Her tits looked pretty good, but her face was still as ugly as a case of runaway hemoroids. Well, there might have been a little improvement.

David Jamieson
06-14-2011, 07:19 AM
:confused: wtf was that?