PDA

View Full Version : Hockey

David Jamieson
06-13-2011, 05:28 PM
This could be it. You fruits.

Wave your flag Boston, I Luv ya, go ahead, wave it.
But still, go nucks go.

:D <he's green

David Jamieson
06-13-2011, 09:12 PM
Game 7 here we come...

Syn7
06-14-2011, 01:23 PM
ha... last time we lost the cup in game 7 to NY we trashed our city... wow, doesnt seem like it was over 15 years ago... i remember watching that guy fall from the lightpost as cop cars were being flipped over like it was only a few years ago... sure sign of age aye, lol... its the only bonafide riot that ive ever been caught up in... we were partying on the streets, just coolin' out, smoking herbs... next thing you know, we turn the corner and it looked like a disaster area... we turned around to avoid the row of shields and batons moving towards us in a well organized offensive only to find out we were caught in a pincer... all exits covered and shields moving in. it was handled very poorly... a lady beside me at one point was crying with a cloth over her babys face from tear gas canisters that were sailing past us and every direction she went, cops herded her back into the throng... i pushed a garbage can against a building and helped her climb up to a fire escape with her baby... the roof seemed much safer than the street at that point... i took her across three building rooftops and climbed down to the street on the outside of the carnage line... she was so scared... it sucked pretty bad cause our car was parked inside the danger zone and we couldnt get to it after we left that area... not that we would have been able to drive out anyways... we were trapped all night, in one way or another... i have a few more good stories about that night, but the baby sticks in my mind the most... i dont understand why they wouldnt let her thru the lines... when i saw her get shoved aside and threatened with violence by the cops, right then is when i decided i was gonna help her out... we exchanged numbers and she even sent me xmas cards for a few years after that...

i hope vancouver doesnt trash itself again, win or lose...

i guess its better we take the cup at home anyways... we'll see...

Syn7
06-14-2011, 01:30 PM
'Nuckleheads are REALLY sore losers.

I hope they win just so Van doesn't experience Armageddon again.

fixed that for ya...

ima blackhawks fan, my great grampa was the captain in the late 20's early thirties... duke dukowski... not his real name, but thats what he was called for some reason... also played for the new york americans and some sask. team... cant remember the name or city, regina maybe???

that being said, im like the only one in my fam that doesnt really care about hockey... i'll watch, go to games, but im not a huge fan... ironically, i seem to know a ton more about the game and teams than most of the fairweather playoff fans i come across... i see cats with head to toe canucks gear, face paint, all of it... yet the cant even name the lines... oh well... nature of the beast i guess... i think most just enjoy the whole atmosphere of it all rather than the game itself... i mean, most fans around here dont even know who tiger williams is... every canucks fan should know the man... or haaaarrrooooooolllllldddd!!!!!!! lol

David Jamieson
06-14-2011, 01:42 PM
Maybe you shoulda just watched it at the Cambie?

Lucas
06-16-2011, 09:00 AM
why u guys riot over the hockey when we cream u last night?

MasterKiller
06-16-2011, 09:07 AM
Yay America!

We stole Hockey from Canada!

David Jamieson
06-16-2011, 12:30 PM
Yay America!

We stole Hockey from Canada!

You had to use Canadians to do it. lol :p

David Jamieson
06-16-2011, 12:34 PM
why u guys riot over the hockey when we cream u last night?

There is in fan bases, an element of emotional violence that goes hand in hand with the whole concept of professional team sports.

When you set up a venue where a mob may congregate, then you excite them with a big sports offering, then you start to feed them alcohol... well, people will be people.

I blame the NHL and the organizers in the City of Vancouver who put together that mob.

Never ever expect good behaviour from mob. Never. Unless they are totally contained, with closed entrances and a heavy police presence.

A mob must be contained and corralled (arena/stadium/etc), or they will do exactly what that group of hooligans did in Van last night. They'll arrest a few of them for sure.

Brule
06-16-2011, 12:53 PM
God forbid you blame the idiots that started fires and busted crap. No no, don't blame them, blame the organizations. Why not blame the government too?

Just curious, what happened in Boston? I assume the was a group of many people gathered to watch the game there too.

David Jamieson
06-16-2011, 01:30 PM
God forbid you blame the idiots that started fires and busted crap. No no, don't blame them, blame the organizations. Why not blame the government too?

Just curious, what happened in Boston? I assume the was a group of many people gathered to watch the game there too.

Oh no, not at all. I agree those people were perfect asshats.
But you don't see how that perfect storm was created?

It is not hard to see the layers, it was poorly thought out to have the outdoor venue with the big tvs and the booze.

the people in the arena were fine. the damage came from the outdoor/free venue that was set up. It was a bone head move on the part of the city.

plenty of failure to go around and yes, the organizers are partially to blame.

poke a tiger in cage with a stick, see if he doesn't get angry and just abides?

ain't gonna happen. You don't honestly think that environment breeds thoughtfulness and care do you? More often it promotes belligerence, arrogance, violence, confrontational spats, fights, etc etc. It has bad parts too!

Understand that Hockey is Soccer in Canada like Football is in America.
High testosterone fueled sport.

plenty of pointing targets for fingers and they aren't all at the loons who busted stuff because they were to stupid or drunk to behave.

if a kid dies from a cocaine overdose, more will blame the dealer. there's a war on drugs, not a war on dealers or users. see?

Syn7
06-16-2011, 07:10 PM
Maybe you shoulda just watched it at the Cambie?

ha.... i wouldnt be caught dead in that scumhole... its for geeks and scrubs... they can have it... i turned down so many jobs at that sh1thole... i just wont do it...

i stayed home last night... i knew what was gonna happen...

even if they hadnt put up the screen it wouldve happened anyways... there is nothing the cops could have done to prevent that, short of shutting down the core of the city... some were overly optimistic but even had they been overly cynical they still couldnt have stopped it... mob rules man, doncha know???

it was all retards from outside of vancouver... geeks and meatheads from like surrey, richmond, north van etc etc... i doubt very many people who caused damage were actually locals... people tend to NOT trash their homes... but what does some geeked out drunk as$hole from new westminister care about downtown...

pretty shameful...

Brule
06-17-2011, 05:50 AM
David,

Good points. I agree mob mentality rules especially when alcohol is served and cheap venues are provided. Maybe i haven't fallen into that trap yet, but i can't understand why anyone would want to just cause havoc for the sake of doing so. They can say that's because the team lost but i figure it would be the same whether or not the won or lost.

sanjuro_ronin
06-17-2011, 06:00 AM
People are stupid, Mobs are stupid AND dangerous.

MasterKiller
06-17-2011, 06:13 AM
http://bravopua.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/riot_like_a_boss.jpg

David Jamieson
06-17-2011, 06:29 AM
That's some sweet socialized CBC photography of an upskirt!

can't not like that! lol friggin artistic hipsters.

Heard some interesting info about what happens to peoples aggression levels when they have alcohol in them and then are exposed to tear gas. Apparently this makes us lose all inhibition and sets the stage for some pretty bad behaviours.

Fascinating! I wonder how long this has been known and to what end is it used as provocation to bring a swift and violent end to situations?

Curiouser and curiouser...

Syn7
06-21-2011, 04:43 PM
That's some sweet socialized CBC photography of an upskirt!

can't not like that! lol friggin artistic hipsters.

Heard some interesting info about what happens to peoples aggression levels when they have alcohol in them and then are exposed to tear gas. Apparently this makes us lose all inhibition and sets the stage for some pretty bad behaviours.

Fascinating! I wonder how long this has been known and to what end is it used as provocation to bring a swift and violent end to situations?

Curiouser and curiouser...

Really? Interesting... HW will love that one... must be an NWO secret to help bring us down to managable levels...

David Jamieson
06-21-2011, 04:51 PM
Really? Interesting... HW will love that one... must be an NWO secret to help bring us down to managable levels...

If it is a known factor, then it is a known excuse.
Just not widely known it would seem.

Brule
06-22-2011, 07:02 AM
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2011/06/21/lang_on_bruins/