PDA

View Full Version : So who watched the debate last night?

BJJ-Blue
06-14-2011, 10:22 AM
And if so, what were your impressions?

I hoped Herman Cain would have done better, but I felt Ron Paul, Michelle Bachman, and Tim Pawlenty did better than expected. Bachman especially did a very good job when asked about her Tea Party ties. Though not my first choice, I think Mitt Romney did good enough as the front runner. No gaffes, and he was clear about the differences in his heathcare plan for the State of Massachusetts vs the Federal plan known as Obamacare.

David Jamieson
06-14-2011, 10:25 AM
It was a half circle of what appeared to be miseducated drunk people.
Fascinating to watch a train wreck like that.

Meanwhile, Obama's got a billion dollar campaign chest that locks the GOP and their crazy minded weirdness out of the running.

You can thank W for sinking the GOP and you can thank Palin for keeping it sunk. Paul is a non-issue as long as he carries that anchor around his neck.

Why is he even bothering with the GOP? He ain't that much of a republican. Not on their terms anyway.

BJJ-Blue
06-14-2011, 10:47 AM
It was a half circle of what appeared to be miseducated drunk people.

Please inform us what they were miseducated about.

David Jamieson
06-14-2011, 10:48 AM
Please inform us what they were miseducated about.

How humans behave and how the world goes round. :)

BJJ-Blue
06-14-2011, 11:59 AM
How humans behave and how the world goes round. :)

So you cant tell us specific things they were miseducated about. None of them said anything miseducated like the Federal Reserve was a private corporation did they?

YouKnowWho
06-14-2011, 12:48 PM
what were your impressions?
Last night I could only see a group of "greedy" and "selfish" people on the stage.

Republican = greedy (need more tax cut for the top 2%) + selfish (as long as I can go to heaven, you guys can all go to hell).

David Jamieson
06-14-2011, 12:53 PM
So you cant tell us specific things they were miseducated about. None of them said anything miseducated like the Federal Reserve was a private corporation did they?

hahahaha, you still believe that your lousy little vote has some effect on who and what controls the currency in yoru country?

what a rube.

the board of directors for teh Fed is a group of Private Banking organizations. It is they who set the rules, it is they who run your economy.

If you are too stupid to understand that, well go vote for Palin you idiot. lol Nevermind, you probably will.

Ah well, what can be done about that? Nothing. Does it matter? No.

GOP talent on stage last night were pretty much scum of the earth.
I have zero respect for that party anymore and anyone associated with it.

absolute garbage thinkers, garbage ideas and ignorant of how to move forward.

No GOP for at least another dozen or so years. the rest of America doesn't seem as stupid and so, it's Obama in 2012 and probably Hillary in 2016-2024.

By that time, you'll be crazy from worry about health care and welfare roles no doubt. :rolleyes:

BJJ-Blue
06-14-2011, 01:50 PM
Last night I could only see a group of "greedy" and "selfish" people on the stage.

Republican = greedy (need more tax cut for the top 2%) + selfish (as long as I can go to heaven, you guys can all go to hell).

Not one of them said they were for cutting taxes only on the top 2%. Unless I missed that part, you're just hearing what you wanted to hear.

the board of directors for teh Fed is a group of Private Banking organizations. It is they who set the rules, it is they who run your economy.

The Federal Reserve is not a private corporation. The more you refuse to admit you were actually wrong, the more people see you for what you are. You're basically BD, you just are wrong and refuse to admit it on different subjects. If you posted that 2+2=5, you would spend the rest of your time here defending that assertion and refusing to admit you were wrong.

Oh, if it's a private corporation, who owns it?

If you are too stupid to understand that, well go vote for Palin you idiot. lol Nevermind, you probably will.

Ah well, what can be done about that? Nothing. Does it matter? No.

Actually Ron Paul said last night (as he has before) that he is for abolishing the Federal Reserve. So you're wrong again.

absolute garbage thinkers, garbage ideas and ignorant of how to move forward.

No GOP for at least another dozen or so years. the rest of America doesn't seem as stupid and so, it's Obama in 2012 and probably Hillary in 2016-2024.

So how do YOU propose we move forward? And what ideas were "garbage"? Please be specific.

Man, if they control the White House that long, unemployment will probably break 20% at this rate.

By that time, you'll be crazy from worry about health care and welfare roles no doubt. :rolleyes:

Oh, I should indeed be dead and gone when it implodes (unless it gets fixed by people who follow the Constitution). But I'm so selfish I'm trying to elect those who will fix it so other people's grandkids wont have to pay it off instead of just demanding more goodies I won't have to pay the piper for. What a selfish jerk I am. :rolleyes:

Syn7
06-14-2011, 03:19 PM
You can thank W for sinking the GOP and you can thank Palin for keeping it sunk. Paul is a non-issue as long as he carries that anchor around his neck.

Why is he even bothering with the GOP? He ain't that much of a republican. Not on their terms anyway.

no doubt... he should run indy... he is an old school republican... he would have fit in pretty well many decades ago, but that party is dead and the neocons have taken over...

Syn7
06-14-2011, 03:19 PM
i know some will find this offensive but i have to say it... how can anyone vote for a mormon? to vote for someone who actually believes that joseph smith found gold tablets that nobody else could see and that he could only read with his majik glasses... im sorry, but the whole story is just rediculous... and the second joseph smith was murdered the church started in-fighting and started to split... how enlightened :rolleyes:

actually, god speaks to me daily and he says you should all follow me instead... i swear its true... promise!!!

BJJ-Blue
06-14-2011, 05:03 PM
no doubt... he should run indy... he is an old school republican... he would have fit in pretty well many decades ago, but that party is dead and the neocons have taken over...

He wants to bring the Party back to what it used to be, the Party of small Government. As for what things were decades ago, I'd likely have voted for JFK had I been alive back then. He was for cutting taxes, strong national defense, and fiercly anti-communist. So in today's political climate he would be called a racist.

i know some will find this offensive but i have to say it... how can anyone vote for a mormon? to vote for someone who actually believes that joseph smith ...

Again I give you credit for bringing up a controversial topic. I do agree that he is following a false prophet (who also was a despicable person), but that religion has some good points. Mainstream Mormons do not have multiple wives, and though many do have large families, thay have a very strong work ethic. They support those large families themselves and are not calling for Gov't handouts to support their lifestyle.

But that said, I'd rather have a Mormon as President than a guy from a church that preaches hate and racism.

BJJ-Blue
06-14-2011, 05:10 PM

So in your book those wanting people to keep more of the money they earn themselves are "greedy" and "selfish".

That said, what do you call people who want to receive money for themselves that others earned?

Syn7
06-14-2011, 05:20 PM
He wants to bring the Party back to what it used to be, the Party of small Government. As for what things were decades ago, I'd likely have voted for JFK had I been alive back then. He was for cutting taxes, strong national defense, and fiercly anti-communist. So in today's political climate he would be called a racist.

Again I give you credit for bringing up a controversial topic. I do agree that he is following a false prophet (who also was a despicable person), but that religion has some good points. Mainstream Mormons do not have multiple wives, and though many do have large families, thay have a very strong work ethic. They support those large families themselves and are not calling for Gov't handouts to support their lifestyle.

But that said, I'd rather have a Mormon as President than a guy from a church that preaches hate and racism.

hey, i thought you didnt like it when people say "yeah but your guy does this"... you just finished whining about this same thing??? consistent ay...

sure, the new mormons may be more like average americans than they were in the 1800's... but they still believe a man found gold tablets and read them with magic glasses and nobody was allowed to ever see any of the evidence... even moses came out and showed everyone his tablets...

anyways, jfk was a liar, a sexist, an a$$hole, an elitist and an all around retard playboy hippocryte... fukc JFK and his punk family... self serving d1ckheads for the most part... and so many idiots fell under his spell... i pi$s on jfk...

BJJ-Blue
06-14-2011, 05:35 PM
hey, i thought you didnt like it when people say "yeah but your guy does this"... you just finished whining about this same thing??? consistent ay...

What?!?!

Please explain. Im totally lost on this one.

sure, the new mormons may be more like average americans than they were in the 1800's... but they still believe a man found gold tablets and read them with magic glasses and nobody was allowed to ever see any of the evidence... even moses came out and showed everyone his tablets...

My point remains, who would YOU rather see in the White House, a Mormon or a guy who goes to a church that preaches hate and racism?

anyways, jfk was a liar, a sexist, an a$$hole, an elitist and an all around retard playboy hippocryte... fukc JFK and his punk family... self serving d1ckheads for the most part... and so many idiots fell under his spell... i pi$s on jfk...

What's your problem with JFK? Please be specific about policy, not sex scandals and name-calling. You're above that, while certain others are not.

Syn7
06-14-2011, 05:49 PM
i dont like obama or romney but i would take obama over romney any day...

okay... you got all pis$y about people saying "republicans did this..." when you accuse libs of something... you already forget??? and here you are doing exactly what you b1tched at MK for...

i dont feel like debating about JFK... lets just say i dont like him and i couldnt be bothered to explain it in detail... i have far better things to do with my time than researching exact quotes and looking for resources on his policy... i have my reasons and they are valid to me... nuff said...

Hebrew Hammer
06-15-2011, 12:21 AM
i know some will find this offensive but i have to say it... how can anyone vote for a mormon? to vote for someone who actually believes that joseph smith found gold tablets that nobody else could see and that he could only read with his majik glasses... im sorry, but the whole story is just rediculous... and the second joseph smith was murdered the church started in-fighting and started to split... how enlightened :rolleyes:

actually, god speaks to me daily and he says you should all follow me instead... i swear its true... promise!!!

You mean more crazy than a Virgin Birth? Or walking on water, living to be 700 yrs old (Moses)? Parting the Red Sea? or rising from the dead?? Mehh...

I don't vote for a someone because of their religion, we don't get to vote for the Pope and I can't remember any American president that was viewed as a man of God other than maybe Jimmy Carter. We just need to drop this topic as part of the vetting and get $$$ and political contributions out of the political system.

We should be voting for the person with the best ideas and plans for real pragmatic approaches to our nations problems. How far has idealism gotten us?

PS You're right, it is offensive...just like people have issues with voting for a muslim, a jew, a catholic or an atheist. Its all balderdash.

Hebrew Hammer
06-15-2011, 12:26 AM
And to answer your question, no I didn't watch it mostly because its a bore, I usually find the 3rd party or Independent party debates, which get almost no press to have the most interesting, honest exchange of ideas/plans...

The Rep/Dem debates are usually beauty pagents without the bikinis...although that one addition to the format might make me much more interesting.

CFT
06-15-2011, 04:32 AM
He wants to bring the Party back to what it used to be, the Party of small Government. As for what things were decades ago, I'd likely have voted for JFK had I been alive back then. He was for cutting taxes, strong national defense, and fiercly anti-communist. So in today's political climate he would be called a racist.Communists are not a racial grouping.

But that said, I'd rather have a Mormon as President than a guy from a church that preaches hate and racism.When has Obama preached hate and racism?

David Jamieson
06-15-2011, 06:22 AM
It was akin to a contest of who is the most religious and who can be the most hateful. I think Newt wins on the Hateful and Romney wins on the religion thing, unless you count Gov.Perry who didn't participate. He's nutty!
Seriously, this guy think God made the recession. Seriously!

And Bachmann! What a treat! Announcing she will run for president at the GOP presidential candidates debate...uh, yeah lady, that's what you are doing here after all. sheesh! She should have added to that "I'm a girl!! Yay!" or something....

Cluster hump is the term I think. Good luck republicans, you'll need it with this pack of cards. lol

BJJ-Blue
06-15-2011, 07:16 AM
okay... you got all pis$y about people saying "republicans did this..." when you accuse libs of something... you already forget??? and here you are doing exactly what you b1tched at MK for...

Please explain. I still don't see the 'but others do it' argument you claim I made.

i dont feel like debating about JFK... lets just say i dont like him and i couldnt be bothered to explain it in detail... i have far better things to do with my time than researching exact quotes and looking for resources on his policy... i have my reasons and they are valid to me... nuff said...

Don't cop out. You blew up on the guy. Just tell me what policies he was for that you opposed. I don't need quotes or sources, I know what he stood for.

Communists are not a racial grouping.

When has Obama preached hate and racism?

You missed my point. My point was that people with those same beliefs are now often called racists, even though race has zero to do with those policies.

And the community organizer did not preach hate and racism, nor did I claim he did. It was preached at the 'church' he attended for 20+ years.

CFT
06-15-2011, 08:29 AM
You missed my point. My point was that people with those same beliefs are now often called racists, even though race has zero to do with those policies.Are they? Examples?

And the community organizer did not preach hate and racism, nor did I claim he did. It was preached at the 'church' he attended for 20+ years.He is not the church, just as you separate Romney from the questionable Mormon practices.

BJJ-Blue
06-15-2011, 09:47 AM
Are they? Examples?

Dude, IVE been called a racist for supporting said policies. And I dare you to find any post of mine that shows me spewing racism.

He is not the church, just as you separate Romney from the questionable Mormon practices.

No, I did not say ANY of that.

What I said was I'd rather have a Mormon as President than a guy who goes to a church that spews hate and racism.

MasterKiller
06-15-2011, 10:02 AM
What I said was I'd rather have a Mormon as President than a guy who goes to a church that spews hate and racism. Really????

http://img.timeinc.net/time/daily/2009/0905/pat_robertson_0526.jpg

BJJ-Blue
06-15-2011, 10:04 AM
Really????

Do what?!?!

I simply restated what I said since it was misstated/changed/altered etc. I didn't even mention Pat Robertson so why in the world are you bringing him into the discussion??? :rolleyes:

Hebrew Hammer
06-15-2011, 10:25 AM
Because MK considers him an example of your church going leader, who has in the past stated some questionable remarks that many consider to be racist. His point being that going to church does not make for a good president.

Remember, church is full of sinners. How many douche bag politicians, who all claim to believe in the sanctity of marriage and are avid church goers, end up getting caught in scandals?

MasterKiller
06-15-2011, 10:37 AM
Because MK considers him an example of your church going leader, who has in the past stated some questionable remarks that many consider to be racist. His point being that going to church does not make for a good president.

Remember, church is full of sinners. How many douche bag politicians, who all claim to believe in the sanctity of marriage and are avid church goers, end up getting caught in scandals?

Let's not forget he was a very close confidant of GWB.....

BJJ-Blue
06-15-2011, 10:46 AM

He's not my "church going leader". Actually in my book he is a false prophet as he has made Biblical predictions that have not come true.

Also, I never said going to church makes for a good President.

Many of the posts the last couple days here have been people putting words in my mouth. Let's discuss what we actually think/believe, not what someone else says we think and believe. If you are unsure of a stance/belief of mine, just ask me. I'm very open and honest about my political and religious beliefs.

BJJ-Blue
06-15-2011, 10:48 AM
Let's not forget he was a very close confidant of GWB.....

Since Bush is not running in the election of 2012 and did not participate in the debate that's the topic, why did you even bring him into the discussion?

Hebrew Hammer
06-15-2011, 11:15 AM
So then tell us what you thought was so redeeming about Michelle's debating skills other than defending her Tea Party stance?? What did she do to win you over?

I must admit, last time around 2008, I thought Ron Paul had won many of those debates hands down. I respect him, his stances and would listen to his proposals...although I don't agree with all them. Its hard to find any candidate of any party that we could completely agree with. But Ron Paul avoids much of the Social Issues, that turn me off about the Republicans and focuses on economic and foreign policy ideology. He would make for a solid candidate. That being said, its a beauty pageant, and we probably won't win against Rommney or Bachman. What do you like about him?

MasterKiller
06-15-2011, 11:20 AM
Since Bush is not running in the election of 2012 and did not participate in the debate that's the topic, why did you even bring him into the discussion?

Did you prefer Romney to Bush in 2000?

MasterKiller
06-15-2011, 11:21 AM
But Ron Paul avoids much of the Social Issues, that turn me off about the Republicans and focuses on economic and foreign policy ideology. Except he believes prayer in school should be allowed and doesn't believe in evolution.

Given the inefficiencies of what D.C. laughingly calls the ‘criminal justice system,’ I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal. — Printed In Ron Paul’s Newsletter (but not written by him)

Opinion polls consistently show that only about 5 percent of blacks have sensible political opinions, i.e. support the free market, individual liberty and the end of welfare and affirmative action. — Printed In Ron Paul’s Newsletter (but not written by him)

The notion of a rigid separation between church and state has no basis in either the text of the Constitution or the writings of our Founding Fathers. On the contrary, our Founders’ political views were strongly informed by their religious beliefs. — Ron Paul

The Founding Fathers envisioned a robustly Christian yet religiously tolerant America, with churches serving as vital institutions that would eclipse the state in importance. — Ron Paul

Through perverse court decisions and years of cultural indoctrination, the elitist, secular Left has managed to convince many in our nation that religion must be driven from public view. The justification is always that someone, somewhere, might possibly be offended or feel uncomfortable living in the midst of a largely Christian society, so all must yield to the fragile sensibilities of the few. The ultimate goal of the anti-religious elites is to transform America into a completely secular nation, a nation that is legally and culturally biased against Christianity. — Ron Paul

Hebrew Hammer
06-15-2011, 11:39 AM
Except he believes prayer in school should be allowed and doesn't believe in evolution.

Given the inefficiencies of what D.C. laughingly calls the ‘criminal justice system,’ I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal. — Printed In Ron Paul’s Newsletter (but not written by him)

Opinion polls consistently show that only about 5 percent of blacks have sensible political opinions, i.e. support the free market, individual liberty and the end of welfare and affirmative action. — Printed In Ron Paul’s Newsletter (but not written by him)

The notion of a rigid separation between church and state has no basis in either the text of the Constitution or the writings of our Founding Fathers. On the contrary, our Founders’ political views were strongly informed by their religious beliefs. — Ron Paul

The Founding Fathers envisioned a robustly Christian yet religiously tolerant America, with churches serving as vital institutions that would eclipse the state in importance. — Ron Paul

Through perverse court decisions and years of cultural indoctrination, the elitist, secular Left has managed to convince many in our nation that religion must be driven from public view. The justification is always that someone, somewhere, might possibly be offended or feel uncomfortable living in the midst of a largely Christian society, so all must yield to the fragile sensibilities of the few. The ultimate goal of the anti-religious elites is to transform America into a completely secular nation, a nation that is legally and culturally biased against Christianity. — Ron Paul

I'm not going to credit those first two comments to him, the only one that concerns me is the last one, but again its his opinion and I have yet to see him make that a focal point of his campaign or him putting forth any legislation on that. We are a secular society whether he likes it or not. I don't get how some Christians feel they under attack...they have no idea what that's really like.

He is entitled to his opinion on evolution, who cares, none of us were around to confirm it and it will continue to exist regardless of his opinion.

BJJ-Blue
06-15-2011, 03:21 PM
So then tell us what you thought was so redeeming about Michelle's debating skills other than defending her Tea Party stance?? What did she do to win you over?

She didn't win me over, per se. Most pundits (and myself) gave her credit for how she came off in the debate. Prior to it she was portryed as a loon, an idiot, and a member of a racist organization, for starters. She was able to explain her stances on issues very clearly and did not come off as stupid, ill-informed, uncaring, or racist as she was upposed to have been according to the mainstream press.

Read what David Gergen said about her performance. He summed it up quite well. I found myself agreeing with alot of his thoughts on her performance in the debate.

What do you like about him?

I like that he is a STRICT follower of the Constitution. My only concern with him is foreign policy. In my opinion, the best foreign policy the US can have is "speak softly and carry a big stick." I worry other nations will view him as a strict isolationist and not respect us. But on fiscal and domestic policy, I can't think of any issue I disagree with him on.

Did you prefer Romney to Bush in 2000?

First off, I voted for Alan Keyes in the primaries.

But I would have preferred Bush to Romney if they were the only 2. Religion had ZERO to do with my choice however. Bush was my Governor and imo he did a great job. Specifically he refused to raise taxes and signed into law the concealed handgun bill. So since he was a good Governor, I felt he would be a good President. Both are Chief Executive jobs. As to Romney, I did not like the healthcare law he signed into law in Massachusetts.

CFT
06-15-2011, 04:06 PM
No, I did not say ANY of that.

What I said was I'd rather have a Mormon as President than a guy who goes to a church that spews hate and racism.You didn't but the inference is clear, especially given your other post about 'mainstream' Mormons. Romney is OK even if he is a Mormon because the practices of his religion don't necessarily reflect upon him as an individual. But the same doesn't apply to Obama. Why exactly?

Syn7
06-15-2011, 05:29 PM
You mean more crazy than a Virgin Birth? Or walking on water, living to be 700 yrs old (Moses)? Parting the Red Sea? or rising from the dead?? Mehh...

I don't vote for a someone because of their religion, we don't get to vote for the Pope and I can't remember any American president that was viewed as a man of God other than maybe Jimmy Carter. We just need to drop this topic as part of the vetting and get $$$ and political contributions out of the political system.

We should be voting for the person with the best ideas and plans for real pragmatic approaches to our nations problems. How far has idealism gotten us?

PS You're right, it is offensive...just like people have issues with voting for a muslim, a jew, a catholic or an atheist. Its all balderdash.

considering the time periods, yeah, its way crazier... besides, virgin births, parting seas etc etc never happened either... they are just stories to learn from...

BJJ-Blue
06-16-2011, 06:57 AM
You can find Ron Paul's stances on school prayer here. It shows his voting record and a bill he co-sponsored on the issue.

http://www.ontheissues.org/2008/Ron_Paul_Education.htm

You didn't but the inference is clear, especially given your other post about 'mainstream' Mormons. Romney is OK even if he is a Mormon because the practices of his religion don't necessarily reflect upon him as an individual. But the same doesn't apply to Obama. Why exactly?

Again, I did not say that. A word of advice; take what I actually said and comment on that. Don't start adding in things I didn't say.

AGAIN, I said this:

"I'd rather have a Mormon as President than a guy who goes to a church that spews hate and racism."

Nowhere did I say "the practices of his religion don't necessarily reflect upon him as an individual". I simply said that in terms of religion, I'd prefer a Mormon to a guy who went to a church that preaches hate and racism. Now if you were to show that Romney's pastor/church spew hatred and racism I would say that in terms of religion they are both equal.

BJJ-Blue
06-16-2011, 07:01 AM
As for the charge he is racist (which is par for the course for Republicans :rolleyes:), remember that he is for legalizing drugs. And we can all agree that the war on drugs has resulted in a skewed number of blacks going to prison for drug crimes as opposed to whites. Take cocaine for example; the penalties involving powdered cocaine are less than the penalties for rock/crack cocaine. And powdered cocaine is more of a 'white drug', while rock/crack cocaine is more of a 'black drug'.

MasterKiller
06-16-2011, 07:04 AM
Nowhere did I say "the practices of his religion don't necessarily reflect upon him as an individual". I simply said that in terms of religion, I'd prefer a Mormon to a guy who went to a church that preaches hate and racism. Now if you were to show that Romney's pastor/church spew hatred and racism I would say that in terms of religion they are both equal.

Bush's religious confidant, Pat Robertson, did and does regularly spew hate. So I expect you think that reflects poorly on Bush, correct?

BJJ-Blue
06-16-2011, 07:16 AM
Bush's religious confidant, Pat Robertson, did and does regularly spew hate. So I expect you think that reflects poorly on Bush, correct?

I disagree he does. Now I do admit I've not listened to him for years (listening to false prophets is not my cup of tea), but as I recall he simply says a sin is a sin. In my book that's not hate. As to the other part, I never heard him utter one racist thing. Can you agree he is not racist whether we agree or disagree on the hate part?

Can you also expand on Robertson's role/relationship with Bush? I'm not up to par on that issue.

David Jamieson
06-16-2011, 07:19 AM
Who cares who your leader declares their fairy guardian to be and who is there intercessor to access that fairy?

It is indicative of weak, chaotic minds to resort to arguing about fantasy and religion instead of sticking to the issues.

My rights or desires do not supersede your rights.
Compromises MUST be made to have continued peace and people need to accept that they are not entitled to do whatever it is they like because many of those bring disharmony and actual harm to others.

So, was music banned in central park? NO. It was asked that people behave considerately and play in designated areas that allow for others to not be disturbed.

Seems to make perfect sense in a metropolis like new york.

MasterKiller
06-16-2011, 07:48 AM
I disagree he does. Now I do admit I've not listened to him for years (listening to false prophets is not my cup of tea), but as I recall he simply says a sin is a sin. In my book that's not hate. As to the other part, I never heard him utter one racist thing. Can you agree he is not racist whether we agree or disagree on the hate part? Not a racist? Depends on how you look at it....

I think "one man, one vote," just unrestricted democracy, would not be wise. There needs to be some kind of protection for the minority which the white people represent now, a minority, and they need and have a right to demand a protection of their rights.
-- Pat Robertson, The 700 Club television program, March 18, 1992

Individual Christians are the only ones really -- and Jewish people, those who trust God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob -- are the only ones that are qualified to have the reign, because hopefully, they will be governed by God and submit to Him.
-- Pat Robertson, The 700 Club television program, January 11, 1985, defending his stance that only Christians and Jews are fit to hold public office

When I said during my presidential bid that I would only bring Christians and Jews into the government, I hit a firestorm. "What do you mean?" the media challenged me. "You're not going to bring atheists into the government? How dare you maintain that those who believe in the Judeo-Christian values are better qualified to govern America than Hindus and Muslims?" My simple answer is, "Yes, they are."
-- Pat Robertson, The New World Order, p. 218

You say you're supposed to be nice to the Episcopalians and the Presbyterians and the Methodists and this, that, and the other thing. Nonsense. I don't have to be nice to the spirit of the Antichrist. I can love the people who hold false opinions but I don't have to be nice to them.
-- Pat Robertson, The 700 Club television program, January 14, 1991

Many of those people involved with Adolph Hitler were Satanists, many of them were ****sexuals -- the two things seem to go together.
-- Pat Robertson, The 700 Club television program, January 21, 1993,

"Well, I totally concur." –Pat Robertson to Jerry Falwell following the Sept. 11 attacks, after Falwell said, "I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way -- all of them who have tried to secularize America -- I point the finger in their face and say: "You helped this happen."

BJJ-Blue
06-16-2011, 09:58 AM
So, was music banned in central park? NO. It was asked that people behave considerately and play in designated areas that allow for others to not be disturbed.

Just STFU. You're so lost it's no longer even entertaining to listen to you make up things.

It is banned. Not in all areas, but there is a partial ban.

And people are not "asked" to behave considerably, they are fined (quite heavily I believe) if they do not comply with the ban. And again, the article clearly showed no one was publicly calling for a ban in the first place. You can whine and claim that others don't want to be disturbed by the music, but you cant show me anyone who actually said that.

BJJ-Blue
06-16-2011, 10:03 AM
Other than maybe the first quote, I don't see anything that can be construed as racism in those quotes. He did say certain religions are better than others, but he didn't say certain races are better than others.

I also didn't see any hate. Contrast what Robertson said to what Wright said and tell me they are the same thing.

You also haven't explained to me the relationship between Robertson and Bush. Again, I'm not familiar with this, so I'm asking you to fill me in.

MasterKiller
06-16-2011, 11:23 AM
You also haven't explained to me the relationship between Robertson and Bush. Again, I'm not familiar with this, so I'm asking you to fill me in.

After Bush started appointing conservatives like Ashcroft, their relationship became cozy. Robertson's Operation Blessing and groups founded by employees of Robertson were the first to receive grants from the Faith-Based Initiatives program. Robertson had initially criticized the program because he was afraid non-Christian groups would get money. Once he got HIS money, he stopped criticising it.

It's also curious to note that all 21 programs that were originally awarded grants were Christian organizations, most of them Evangelical.

It was to Robertson that Bush confided "we're not going to have any casualties" when discussing the impending invasion of Iraq.

BJJ-Blue
06-16-2011, 01:08 PM
It was to Robertson that Bush confided "we're not going to have any casualties" when discussing the impending invasion of Iraq.

That has been denied by Rove, who was present during the meeting. And I don't know about you, but I'd take Rove's word any day over Robertson's. Rove doesnt have a long record of making false Biblical predictions.

Source:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A49088-2004Oct20.html

Here is more info on Robertson's views on George W Bush:

"Robertson accused President George W. Bush of "undermining a Christian, Baptist president to bring in Muslim rebels to take over the country [Rwanda].""

Source:
http://www.thenation.com/article/pat-robertsons-katrina-cash

In light of this info, do you agree that your assertion that Robertson was "Bush's religious confidant" was incorrect?

Hebrew Hammer
06-18-2011, 09:28 AM
Check out this Real Time clip from June 17th 'Yee Haw! Let Jesus take the wheel'...its the first one on there now.

https://www.facebook.com/Maher :D

Raises some poignant thoughts...