PDA

View Full Version : The Impotent Truth, part Uno

MightyB
06-15-2011, 10:59 AM
Really- who gives a flying farquart? Realz, deadlys, forms fairy's, mma crack addicts, it's all good.

Obsession is bad no matter what direction you sway. MA practice is supposed to be fun. At this point, unless you're a total noob douche, you should know how to train to get the results you want. You're a moron if your easily led in any direction and guess what... once you do MA measured in decades, you find that trends- even personal trending and tastes, changes about every other year. So if you're a thrower, train somewhere that throws, if you're a forms guy traditionalist- find a school you like, if you want to do san shou- go to a san shou san da gym... San da is cool- but contrary to what coach Ross says- there are people who only do traditional and can fight, his Sifu was one of them, my Sifu (and Sigung) are no slouches in a pi$$ing match and you better believe there are Sifu out there that can slap the $hit out of some of the loudest mouthed mmaers- just like there are MMAers who can slap the $hit out of some of the loudest mouthed TCMAers.

In the end- who gives a flying farquart?

bawang
06-15-2011, 11:01 AM
its about right and wrong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=198g7HTNCW8

this is wrong. MORALLY WRONG

THEY ARE RAPING KUNG FU

MightyB
06-15-2011, 11:11 AM
its about right and wrong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=198g7HTNCW8

this is wrong. MORALLY WRONG

THEY ARE RAPING KUNG FU

(EDIT - you appeal to the troll in me - since I don't know the guy, I should refrain from saying anything at all about him and reiterate my original statement which is the point is to enjoy yourself with whatever MA you participate in)

----

This is the caliber of traditionalist that I know- this is why I have a high regard for traditional TCMA. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn1EQscart0)

When you surround yourself with great traditional martial artists - you find that you really can enjoy and aspire to great things in TCMA.

bawang
06-15-2011, 11:15 AM
Yes that guy is a douche...

he is more than a douche. he is EVIL. u guys need to understand this.

David Jamieson
06-15-2011, 11:23 AM
he is more than a douche. he is EVIL. u guys need to understand this.

so, you gonna mount up on a white horse and go do him then? :confused:

bawang
06-15-2011, 11:24 AM
im going to lift weights and be strong, then in the future speak out against those kind of poeple.

GeneChing
06-15-2011, 11:26 AM
Meet us at Legends of Kung Fu (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60408). I'd be happy to introduce you.

Razaunida
06-15-2011, 11:26 AM
don't speak.

ti guan.

Don't give warning...go...beat...leave....don't brag. Just do what needs to be done and go.

David Jamieson
06-15-2011, 11:29 AM
im going to lift weights and be strong, then in the future speak out against those kind of poeple.

meh, it's been done. lol

bawang
06-15-2011, 11:30 AM
Meet us at Legends of Kung Fu (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60408). I'd be happy to introduce you.

its too far, but even if i come i would say exactly the same things

meh, it's been done. lol

but if you dont fight them, they never go away like a hemmoroid.

do you like hemoroids david jamieson? i didnt think so.

David Jamieson
06-15-2011, 11:32 AM
As an aside, showing a mixed bag of newbs struggling through some form as part of their belt test is hardly a fair reflection of all that may go on with that school. Besides, they are trying and that school is facilitating that want and need to try!

Why do some of you folk here think joining a martial arts club has to be something like joining the military. It's not. If people really wanted to learn to effectively and efficiently kill humans, they'd join the military. Don't you think?

martial arts on all levels is a personal experience enjoyed on many levels all the way from a little karate kid doing a musical form with a big grn on his face to th number 1 ranked cage fighter/boxer/etc in the world.

Not a single one of them could stand against the darkest of the offering s of violence men have to offer each other.

I can't think of a single martial artists that can stop a bullet with his forehead and live.

so, are we all just wasting our time, puffing our egos and deluding ourselves into thinking we are dangerous?

Yes and No. Yes if you think that training empty hand martial arts makes you dangerous. It doesn't, but it makes you a target if others know it. :)

TenTigers
06-15-2011, 11:38 AM
As an aside, showing a mixed bag of newbs struggling through some form as part of their belt test is hardly a fair reflection of all that may go on with that school. Besides, they are trying and that school is facilitating that want and need to try!

I think the guy in white was leading them-he was as bad as they were.

bawang
06-15-2011, 11:41 AM
its about respecting and following traditions to experience another culture. its about helping preserve an ancient way of life and thinking.

it can be an art form, but not a fukin circus freak show. you can dance, but at least dance with skill and dignity.

this isnt the 70s anymore where poeple are ignorant. this teacher and his students are doing this with the full knowledge of what is out there.

its hard to define right and wrong when white people think sodomy is normal.

MightyB
06-15-2011, 11:47 AM

Why do some of you folk here think joining a martial arts club has to be something like joining the military. It's not. If people really wanted to learn to effectively and efficiently kill humans, they'd join the military. Don't you think?

martial arts on all levels is a personal experience enjoyed on many levels all the way from a little karate kid doing a musical form with a big grn on his face to th number 1 ranked cage fighter/boxer/etc in the world.

Not a single one of them could stand against the darkest of the offering s of violence men have to offer each other.

I can't think of a single martial artists that can stop a bullet with his forehead and live.

so, are we all just wasting our time, puffing our egos and deluding ourselves into thinking we are dangerous?

Yes and No. Yes if you think that training empty hand martial arts makes you dangerous. It doesn't, but it makes you a target if others know it. :)

----------

bawang
06-15-2011, 11:50 AM
"if you want real fighting go shoot guns" its a bullsh1t argument.

chinese martial artists practiced rifle shooting. firearms was essential part of chinese martial arts.

you can both fight and be traditional.

chinese martial art comes from the chinese military.

sanjuro_ronin
06-15-2011, 11:52 AM

Well said David.
Personally I have seen my share of death and though I never talk about it, it is always there.
I like MA because I like MA and I have NO delusions about what it is that I do.

MightyB
06-15-2011, 11:52 AM
you can both fight and be traditional.

It's taken me a long time and a round-a-bout journey to get there, but I now truly believe this too.

bawang
06-15-2011, 11:54 AM
im glad u think so man. the next step is to pass it on to the next generation

Razaunida
06-15-2011, 11:58 AM
It's taken me a long time and a round-a-bout journey to get there, but I now truly believe this too.

I too have come full circle. Now I understand that posture, stance and standing post are essential at the beginning otherwise you have to refoundation your kung fu later. Of course that is a constant process, but I have come to a point where I believe the first year should be foundation and that you can learn everything in 4 years. The slow method may be the fastest in the long run.

taai gihk yahn
06-15-2011, 12:37 PM
(EDIT - you appeal to the troll in me - since I don't know the guy, I should refrain from saying anything at all about him and reiterate my original statement which is the point is to enjoy yourself with whatever MA you participate in)

----

This is the caliber of traditionalist that I know- this is why I have a high regard for traditional TCMA. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn1EQscart0)

When you surround yourself with great traditional martial artists - you find that you really can enjoy and aspire to great things in TCMA.

Sifu Chung is a great guy, we met him and his father years back at the early NACMAF turnies, they were true gentlemen, and their mantis was spot on; in fact, Sifu CHung Sr. was the only guy who would go up to CTS and start a conversation, lol; and CTS had nothing bad to say about them at all; it is a great lineage; there is one gentleman I met back then who was a disciple of theirs, who I "found" via FB years later, and he is passing on the tradition faithfully;