PDA

View Full Version : NTD Traditional Martial Arts Competition

Xian
06-16-2011, 06:21 AM
Hey all,
I want to introduce you to the NTD Martial Arts Competition.
It will take place in Taiwan and in New York.

You can get more information by watching this videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXdG_haQr4A&feature=channel_video_title

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdIXZ72_nlI&feature=relmfu

And also learn more on: http://martialarts.ntdtv.com/en/

I am not responsible for promoting this competition in the US, so their are maybe some questions I cant answer, but as far as I can I try my best.
If I used the wrong Subforum for my topic I do apologize.

Kind Regards,
Xian

David Jamieson
06-16-2011, 06:57 AM
Is it an all forms format?
No san da?

bawang
06-16-2011, 07:43 AM
how is this traditional

hskwarrior
06-16-2011, 08:08 AM
how is this traditional

why does it bother you?

SPJ
06-16-2011, 08:28 AM
cool.

thanks for the notification.

enjoy the intro clip.

cheezy, but o rite.

:)

taai gihk yahn
06-16-2011, 09:22 AM
hence the "all forms" / "no fighting" aspect;

they did this last year; no one gave a crap

lkfmdc
06-16-2011, 09:26 AM
Ah, the annual Fallen Dumb Fa recruitment scam hits NYC again

taai gihk yahn
06-16-2011, 10:22 AM
Ah, the annual Fallen Dumb Fa recruitment scam hits NYC again

yes, we take it as a sign of summer's imminent arrival (since all the trees have dies and the birds have stopped singing...)

Xian
06-16-2011, 01:59 PM
Is it an all forms format?
No san da?

Concentrating on forms. Its about doing the forms not in a performance way for good looking, instead showing the characteristic a Traditional Form should develop, like rooting, develop power through the hole body or depending on system empty chest or using power through the Back.

how is this traditional

Its traditional because you should show all the characteristics the form should pose. The judges who are all longtime Gung Fu practitioners are there to guarantee that, also teachers from the specific Martial Art will help.
Experience has shown thats not that simple for contestants that they do it not good looking instead doing it fully concentrated as they been taught. Also to come to the point where mind and body walk as one.

Kind Regards,
Xian

SPJ
06-16-2011, 02:16 PM
yes. it is a good gathering of many schools.

students will be competing

teachers will be judging.

it is mainly a cultural event.

cool.

SPJ
06-17-2011, 08:33 AM
sorry, I am biased.

they have tong bei, mantis, ba ji, tai chi--

me also doing those styles.

;)

Xian
08-22-2011, 02:04 AM
http://ap.ntdtv.com/news/20110805/video/70040.html??????????????(?)

http://ap.ntdtv.com/news/20110812/video/70780.html??????????????(?)

Here you can find a report on the Asia Pacific Preliminaries and on different schools from Taiwan.
Hope you enjoy it.

PS: Its in Chinese.

Kind regards,
Xian

pazman
08-22-2011, 02:23 AM
Looks like a silk pajama circle jerk.

:(

Where do I sign up?:cool:

bawang
08-22-2011, 05:32 AM
unless i get to bang the sexy womans with the yellow hairs, i am not going to any stupid pajama competition.

when i joined raelian i got to bang sexy womans. when i join fa lun da fa they made me stand still and imagine master lihongzi put a magic wheel in my belly. more like fa lun da gay

lkfmdc
08-22-2011, 06:01 AM
Don't you want to get recruited for the Fallen Dumb Fa cult? You get to stop thinking, can enter a philosophy that makes scientology look smart, you get to be a mini racist, oh the fun!

bawang
08-22-2011, 06:03 AM
when they tried to recruit me, i made a buddhist seal and told them i am with the white lotus society. they got scare and ran away.

lkfmdc
08-22-2011, 09:11 AM
http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3854&d=1181966332

lkfmdc
08-22-2011, 09:12 AM
http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3853&d=1181966315

taai gihk yahn
08-22-2011, 10:36 AM
the sad thing is, from the perspective of classical qigong practice, what they do is actually not bad at all; it's the batsh1t-crazy stuff that they superimpose on top of it that becomes problematic...

David Jamieson
08-22-2011, 01:51 PM
the sad thing is, from the perspective of classical qigong practice, what they do is actually not bad at all; it's the batsh1t-crazy stuff that they superimpose on top of it that becomes problematic...

Didn't Hongzhi basically rip off some wild goose and a tid bit here and there?

Yes, there are many dummies in the world who can't wait to throw everything away in support of a cult.

many of them.

poor buggers. :p

David Jamieson
08-22-2011, 01:53 PM
Concentrating on forms. Its about doing the forms not in a performance way for good looking, instead showing the characteristic a Traditional Form should develop, like rooting, develop power through the hole body or depending on system empty chest or using power through the Back.

Its traditional because you should show all the characteristics the form should pose. The judges who are all longtime Gung Fu practitioners are there to guarantee that, also teachers from the specific Martial Art will help.
Experience has shown thats not that simple for contestants that they do it not good looking instead doing it fully concentrated as they been taught. Also to come to the point where mind and body walk as one.

Kind Regards,
Xian

Form doesn't actually "show" anything beyond a performer understanding a shape. Only people with knowledge of specific styles can view form performance with any chance of recognizing some inherent principle of it.
When you stop at form, you don't explore application.

Kind of like learning an alphabet and never learning to spell, read or write anything. Just abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.... and nothing else.

I don't get it.

lkfmdc
08-22-2011, 01:59 PM
I don't get it.

it is a CULT

the only purpose of this thing is to recruit unwitting idiots into the CULT

bawang
08-22-2011, 02:00 PM
like the nazarene cult

lkfmdc
08-22-2011, 02:04 PM
like the nazarene cult

oh come on, they're not THAT bad :p

Xian
08-22-2011, 02:30 PM
Form doesn't actually "show" anything beyond a performer understanding a shape. Only people with knowledge of specific styles can view form performance with any chance of recognizing some inherent principle of it.

All judges are longtime martial arts practitioners. The chief coach began learning Gung Fu during Cultural Revolution. For all styles which attend will be people there who are able identify principles and skills which should be shown.

When you stop at form, you don't explore application.

You have left out some steps. For example principle which cultivates the skills of your body and at some point it reaches your mind. As you discover that you cant get further in the practices of your body when your mind doesnst change.
See I believe principles is what connects different gong fu styles, as for example the Tong Bei Quan is different from the Bagua, but if you have devolped a certain level of rooting or Shen Fa you can identify it by looking at the person who does a set or a exercies. If he is more skilled you can see that he has a serious skill by simply looking into his eyes.
There is no stopping at form. You know this competition is not about competing against each other in the first place, or who has the most beautifuls form. Its about who has more of the Traditional way left, who is been taught in a traditional way. And by talking about traditional way, I dont talk about a nut shell, or the outer shell from somethings. Its the inner meaning. This is the beginning , aplication is what you do. And thats more then just doing a lock, a throw or a punch its in all parts of your life.
What we want to do is do encourage gong fu pracititioners to fully discover all parts of the Tradition of their style and help to preserve Traditional Chinese Martial Arts for the future, as its a key point of Chinese Tradition.

Kind regards,
Xian

Lucas
08-22-2011, 02:34 PM
i would join but i already join bawang's cult on blood oath

bawang
08-22-2011, 02:37 PM
ya you are honorary member of chang's cherubs

you need to make your hair like elvis

Lucas
08-22-2011, 02:38 PM
i got the moose yesterday now i dye it black

bawang
08-22-2011, 02:39 PM
you also get black bicyle and biker jacket

Lucas
08-22-2011, 02:40 PM
do i get rhine stones?

bawang
08-22-2011, 02:42 PM
u can have a amulet made from my grandmothers kidney stones

it is said that it hisses in the night

Lucas
08-22-2011, 02:43 PM
I will wait in horse stance for FEDEX to bring it while i sing

bawang
08-22-2011, 02:47 PM
do it with barbell on your back. if you dont do horse stance with weights you are a phony and a fraud

Lucas
08-22-2011, 02:49 PM
OF COURSE I HAVE BARBELL ON MY BACK!!! YOU SEE MY ELVISE HAIR DO RIGHT!?!?! :rolleyes:

bawang
08-22-2011, 02:51 PM
are you challenging me?

Lucas
08-22-2011, 03:00 PM
never. i ask forgiveness please.

lkfmdc
08-22-2011, 03:37 PM
The chief coach began learning Gung Fu during Cultural Revolution.

this guy is a billion laughs! :D

this competition is not about competing

(go back and check I didn't make this one up!)

NO, clearly NOT, this is about a CULT

Lucas
08-22-2011, 03:38 PM
whats wrong with cult? im in a cult.

lkfmdc
08-22-2011, 03:40 PM
whats wrong with cult? im in a cult.

this is the only cult I'm down with

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDuYlRs9_Do

Lucas
08-22-2011, 03:41 PM
I'm in Bawang's cult.

YouKnowWho
08-22-2011, 05:47 PM
How can there be a TCMA tournament for just "solo" event? :(

I thougt tournament means there are some suckers there that you can go to beat them up (or get beaten up). :D

bawang
08-22-2011, 05:48 PM
those tournaments are an abomination, an offence to guan yu. they must be purged.

taai gihk yahn
08-22-2011, 06:00 PM
those tournaments are an abomination, an offence to guan yu. they must be purged.

I say we all go down there w some kwan dos and clean house...

bawang
08-22-2011, 06:02 PM
i was thinking more of sending a passive aggresive letter.

taai gihk yahn
08-22-2011, 06:03 PM
i was thinking more of sending a passive aggresive letter.
you ARE an American! come to my arms!

bawang
08-22-2011, 06:04 PM
sir, SIR, although i understand it is cumstomary among the white peoples for good friends to go to edge of forest and make hand party, i must refuse.

the only thing thats going to my arms is my pillow girlfriend, wanda.

taai gihk yahn
08-22-2011, 06:06 PM
sir, SIR, although i understand it is cumstomary among the white peoples for good friends to go to edge of forest and make hand party, i must refuse.
you're not white?!?

the only thing thats going to my arms is my pillow girlfriend, wanda.
don't call me wanda

bawang
08-22-2011, 06:07 PM
do not be kidding, sir. firstly you are not called wanda. secondly, you are not a pillow.

taai gihk yahn
08-22-2011, 06:09 PM
do not be kidding, sir. firstly you are not called wanda. secondly, you are not a pillow.

<nods in assent, eyes closed, smiling knowingly>

YouKnowWho
08-22-2011, 07:32 PM
What we want to do is do encourage gong fu pracititioners to fully discover all parts of the Tradition of their style and help to preserve Traditional Chinese Martial Arts for the future, as its a key point of Chinese Tradition.
"To preserve Traditional Chinese Martial Arts for the future"? Are you joking? You are trying to push the Traditional Chinese Martial Arts all the way down to hell. :mad: :mad: :mad:

- We already have enough "Taiji for health only" people.
- Now we are going to have another group "CMA for performance only" people.
- Soor we will have "CMA for self-cultivation only" people.

Just hope that I don't have to live long enough to see that happen in front of my eyes. :( :( :(

SPJ
08-23-2011, 09:41 AM
it is not really a competition per se.

it is an invitational gathering.

several schools across the globe or chinese communities around the world.

get to gether

some students doing some "show" and "tell".

everybody is rewarded with some "fake" award or culture exhibit award.

they may include cooking, music, dance, paint brush.

"wushu" is also used to attract crowd to attend.

it is gathering for cultural purpose.

or entertainment extra vaganza.

fighting nooooooo, not really.

----

show or demo some throws, fake fight'

show or demo some forms

giving out medals for everyone for coming

etc etc

lunar festival, dragon boat festival, cooking festival

and wushu show and tell festival

----

gathering and showing off your school and your students

get into fight, noooooh.

---

SPJ
08-23-2011, 09:43 AM
punch line

get to gether/gather

it is a cultural gathering

it is like OC country fair

orange county county fair

city fair

pumkin bash

and lord and behold

wushu fair

wushu bash

wushu paaaa errr teeeee

---

:D

Xian
08-25-2011, 12:51 PM
"To preserve Traditional Chinese Martial Arts for the future"? Are you joking? You are trying to push the Traditional Chinese Martial Arts all the way down to hell. :mad: :mad: :mad:

- We already have enough "Taiji for health only" people.
- Now we are going to have another group "CMA for performance only" people.
- Soor we will have "CMA for self-cultivation only" people.

Just hope that I don't have to live long enough to see that happen in front of my eyes. :( :( :(

I guess this a matter of different opinions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v0MJbpHCCQ

Kind regards,
Xian

lkfmdc
08-25-2011, 12:54 PM
http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3854&d=1181966332

take the cult show on the road, you've got no takers here

Xian
08-26-2011, 05:00 AM
take the cult show on the road, you've got no takers here

I am sorry to inform you that by joining the NTD Martial Arts competition you dont get promoted into a cult , you dont get the possiblty to hand out all your money to a very serious looking Jesus wannabe, and no we also not going to build a a Flying Saucer and fly to planet bla6403.
I am really sorry. So I hope you dont mind that I ask you to inform yourself before just repeating anything you might heard anywhere. Our competition is serious and we try our best get better and better each year. Who wants to look for himself I propose to come as an guest, If you are afraid to come, take a policeman with you or whatever you need to feel safe..

Kind regards,
Xian

lkfmdc
08-26-2011, 05:32 AM
Your event is run by Fallen Dumb Fa, you can protest as much as you want but everyone knows this is true

Have you noticed that no one here has supported this thing?

You guys aren't just wack jobs, you are RACIST wack jobs. So take your crap some place else

Xian
08-26-2011, 05:40 AM
Your event is run by Fallen Dumb Fa, you can protest as much as you want but everyone knows this is true

Our event is sponsored by New Tang Dynasty Television. www.ntdtv.com

Have you noticed that no one here has supported this thing?

You guys aren't just wack jobs, you are RACIST wack jobs. So take your crap some place else

Yeah and for that we have all kind of races as contestants and even the spokesman of who introduced the Martial Arts Competition in my last video is black. And I am myself been german born with polish , netherland , french backround. In my direct work enviroment are Latinos, different asians type of people black people, Russian people.. Of course we are all racists.. Wake up dude...

Kind regards,
Xian

lkfmdc
08-26-2011, 05:45 AM
Our event is sponsored by New Tang Dynasty Television.

According to the Wall Street Journal, NTD is, along with The Epoch Times and Sound of Hope radio station, part of a media empire founded by and affiliated with Falun Gong practitioners

- Chen, Kathy "Chinese Dissidents Take On Beijing Via Media Empire" Wall Street Journal 11-15-2007

OOOOOPPPPPPPSSSSSSS :rolleyes:

Yeah and for that we have all kind of races as contestants

Except for those years ONLY Asians could enter. You guys think no one remembers this stuff

I could also go on about the RACIST agenda of Fa Lun Da Fa itself!

Now run along and play in the traffic

lkfmdc
08-26-2011, 05:55 AM
http://www.cultnews.com/?cat=169

Racism and ****phobia: I have specifically asked Falun Dafa members how they regard Mr. Li’s racist teachings, which denigrate the children of interracial unions as “cross bred” and “incomplete.”

One Falun Dafa practitioner responded, “My understanding is that when gods created man, we were created to god’s image [sic], different races was created [sic] by gods of different races and when a child is born from a marriage of two people from different races it will be hard for the gods to trace the child’s origin and therefore hard to save.”

In defense of Li Hongzhi’s ****phobic pronouncements one member remarked, “Actually all orthodox (upright) religions view this matter in the same way, Christianity included, it is very hard to reach heaven when practicing ****sexuality.”

USA Today, Apr. 26, 1999

In Li's view, the races are not to be intermingled. Mixed-race children, he notes, are a symptom of societal decline. A race has its own particular ''biosphere,'' and whenever children are born of a mixed-race relationship, they are ''defective persons.'' Li contends that heaven itself is segregated. ''Anybody who does not belong to his race will not be cared for. I do not just say that. It is really true. I am revealing the secret of heaven to you.''

Li's OWN WORDS as recorded at a lecture
Lecture in Huston conference (Li Hongzhi, Oct.12.1996)

A. Question: You said that different races have their corresponding Heavens, but why the African Negro race doesn't have any?

Answer: The Negroes were created by their own god but they were ignored long time ago.

You can find thousands of these quotes... many on the cult's own web sites

Xian
08-26-2011, 06:01 AM
According to the Wall Street Journal, NTD is, along with The Epoch Times and Sound of Hope radio station, part of a media empire founded by and affiliated with Falun Gong practitioners

- Chen, Kathy "Chinese Dissidents Take On Beijing Via Media Empire" Wall Street Journal 11-15-2007

OOOOOPPPPPPPSSSSSSS :rolleyes:

What opps ? Of course it is.. That makes not any kind of event an Falun Gong event. See if you believe it or not, its just your thing. Not all of us are Falun Gong practioners.

The problem is that NTD is reporting on regular basis on what Chinese Communist party is doing. And thats a problem for them which they are very afraid of. Ohterwise no one would care a bit, if members of NTD a christians, moslems or whatever stuff there are doing. And there seems only to think Chinese Communist party that Falun Gong is a cult. Even in Singapure you can go to the park and there will be on one side people doing Falun Gong, others Tai Chi and others other kinds of Gung Fu...

Kind regards,
Xian

lkfmdc
08-26-2011, 06:03 AM
What opps ? Of course it is..

So the event is being organized by a body OWNED by Fa Lun but it isn't a Fa Lun event? :rolleyes:

NO ONE IS BUYING YOUR CRAP. You need to find a forum where people care, and this one isn't it.

lkfmdc
08-26-2011, 06:07 AM
A racist cult running a martial arts tournament, who would have thunk it :rolleyes:

Racism and ****phobia: I have specifically asked Falun Dafa members how they regard Mr. Li’s racist teachings, which denigrate the children of interracial unions as “cross bred” and “incomplete.”

One Falun Dafa practitioner responded, “My understanding is that when gods created man, we were created to god’s image [sic], different races was created [sic] by gods of different races and when a child is born from a marriage of two people from different races it will be hard for the gods to trace the child’s origin and therefore hard to save.”

In defense of Li Hongzhi’s ****phobic pronouncements one member remarked, “Actually all orthodox (upright) religions view this matter in the same way, Christianity included, it is very hard to reach heaven when practicing ****sexuality.”

USA Today, Apr. 26, 1999

In Li's view, the races are not to be intermingled. Mixed-race children, he notes, are a symptom of societal decline. A race has its own particular ''biosphere,'' and whenever children are born of a mixed-race relationship, they are ''defective persons.'' Li contends that heaven itself is segregated. ''Anybody who does not belong to his race will not be cared for. I do not just say that. It is really true. I am revealing the secret of heaven to you.''

A. Question: You said that different races have their corresponding Heavens, but why the African Negro race doesn't have any?

Answer: The Negroes were created by their own god but they were ignored long time ago.

You can find thousands of these quotes... many on the cult's own web sites

Xian
08-26-2011, 06:13 AM
So the event is being organized by a body OWNED by Fa Lun but it isn't a Fa Lun event? :rolleyes:

Are events from NBC Christian events because there members are Christians ? What is so unimagineley that a little television project has grown over the years to a normal televions network which can even now can be seen in China ? At first the television project was simply about reporting about ourself. As everyone just repeated what Chinese mass media were reporting and no one looked for himself.And gathered his own information. After some years some people started to look for themselfs and there opinion changed. And you know what our television had grown that much that we started to make more and more normal programms and tv shows and stuff like that. So whats wrong with that working as an normal tv station ? And making monkey by running it ? Thats just one kind of business like anyone else is doing it.

Kind regards,
Xian

Taixuquan99
08-26-2011, 06:14 AM
I'm German-Irish-Scot, and my beer god does not think he will be confused at all by the intermixing.

SPJ
08-26-2011, 06:17 AM
me like german beer at beer stube.

me like irish beer at pub.

me like scottish beer--

so prost everyone or jedermann

Taixuquan99
08-26-2011, 06:18 AM
My beer god thinks everyone is beautiful. At 2 AM.

lkfmdc
08-26-2011, 06:20 AM
Are events from NBC Christian events because there members are Christians ?

If that's the best you can do, time to pack your bags, I also think Li will be angry at you so NO HEAVEN FOR YOU! :rolleyes:

SPJ
08-26-2011, 06:20 AM
I tag the annual event

as cultural and get to gather bash

not political

Xian
08-26-2011, 06:21 AM
A racist cult running a martial arts tournament, who would have thunk it :rolleyes:

Sorry you are pointless. There a so many people from so many countries who are doing Falun Gong. I see there three possibilites one is you have an strange understanding of racsim, second is your really intent to believe that all these people are in fact against each other. Third your simply spamming.

Kind regards,
Xian

Xian
08-26-2011, 06:24 AM
If that's the best you can do, time to pack your bags, I also think Li will be angry at you so NO HEAVEN FOR YOU! :rolleyes:

Okay its the third oppurtinity...

Taixuquan99
08-26-2011, 06:24 AM
My beer god also endorse appetizers.

lkfmdc
08-26-2011, 06:25 AM
You can blah blah all day but that doesn't change the fact that your cult is RACIST

When Li says black people have no heaven to go to, that is racist

When Li says children of mixed races have no heaven to go to, that is racist

Your cult is ****phobic, racist and also LOONEY TOON

You are right up there with scientologists, talking about alien invaders

You can blah blah all day, doesn't change those things

SPJ
08-26-2011, 06:25 AM
I tag the annual event

as cultural and get to gather bash

not political

my point is that people of all faiths or even no faith/atheist may all attend.

SPJ
08-26-2011, 06:26 AM
My beer god also endorse appetizers.

pretzel too much salt

so more beer. bitte.

lkfmdc
08-26-2011, 06:26 AM

sure does sound like racist BS to me!

SPJ
08-26-2011, 06:28 AM
all modern man originated from africa.

we all are african.

:eek:

lkfmdc
08-26-2011, 06:32 AM
This is a "good one"

Li Hongzhi's racist remarks are also disturbing.

He teaches his followers that "mixed-race people…[are] instruments of an alien plot to destroy humanity's link to heaven." And that these interracial unions are somehow part of "a plot by…evil extraterrestrials."

Taixuquan99
08-26-2011, 06:35 AM
pretzel too much salt

so more beer. bitte.

I'm not beerist. If you've got a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, I'll drink it. If you've got a bud light, I'll drink it. The beer god is just like me, only with a silky smooth head.

lkfmdc
08-26-2011, 06:38 AM
Sarah Lubman, San Jose Mercury News

Hongzhi appears to be ****phobic too when he calls gays "disgusting," and prophesizes that one day they will be ''eliminated'' by ''the gods.''

Much of Hongzhi's writings seem paranoid and ramble on about beings from outer space who are "embedding their technology and science in human bodies" so they can "control" humanity through "their thoughts."

Followers of "Master Li" believe not only that he can "personally install'' falun (a wheel of law) in their abdomens, but he can "levitate," "become invisible" and knows the "top secret of the Universe."

SPJ
08-26-2011, 06:40 AM
I'm not beerist. If you've got a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, I'll drink it. If you've got a bud light, I'll drink it. The beer god is just like me, only with a silky smooth head.

yes. i like trail mix for appetitizer.

you know low calorie, or no salt.

beer gives you lots of calorie and beer belly.

Xian
08-26-2011, 06:41 AM

sure does sound like racist BS to me!

Are now I see you seem to use http://www.facts.org.cn/
this site. I like sites which are called facts and in fact are only talking about one topic.. No wonder I didnt found it.
Here is the original qoute:

Question: Different races have different Heavenly Kingdoms. Why don’t black people from Africa have any?

Master: Black people, too, have the gods that created them. It’s just that they forgot them rather early.

Source: http://www.falundafa.org/book/eng/lectures/19961012L.html

And it was meant that people forgot the gods not the other way around. I suggest to recheck qoutes from facts.org..with the original material from falundafa.org.
With the other qoutes you gave its the same..

Kind regards,
Xian

Taixuquan99
08-26-2011, 06:42 AM
yes. i like trail mix for appetitizer.

you know low calorie, or no salt.

beer gives you lots of calorie and beer belly.

True, and trail mix is good as well. The sesame god is not concerned with sorting out sesames from the peanut god's denizens, they recognize that they're all nuts.

lkfmdc
08-26-2011, 06:43 AM
I know the cult has feebled your mind, but try to keep up

Sarah Lubman, San Jose Mercury News

Hongzhi appears to be ****phobic too when he calls gays "disgusting," and prophesizes that one day they will be ''eliminated'' by ''the gods.''

Much of Hongzhi's writings seem paranoid and ramble on about beings from outer space who are "embedding their technology and science in human bodies" so they can "control" humanity through "their thoughts."

Followers of "Master Li" believe not only that he can "personally install'' falun (a wheel of law) in their abdomens, but he can "levitate," "become invisible" and knows the "top secret of the Universe."

Also, a minute ago you said you weren't Fa Lun Da Fa, now you're trying to defned them LOL :rolleyes:

SPJ
08-26-2011, 06:44 AM
have a good one at the event.

hopefully, it will be an annual "tradition" for many years to come.

me support wushu events minus politics and religions.

David Jamieson
08-26-2011, 06:47 AM
Are now I see you seem to use http://www.facts.org.cn/
this site. I like sites which are called facts and in fact are only talking about one topic.. No wonder I didnt found it.
Here is the original qoute:

Source: http://www.falundafa.org/book/eng/lectures/19961012L.html

And it was meant that people forgot the gods not the other way around. I suggest to recheck qoutes from facts.org..with the original material from falundafa.org.
With the other qoutes you gave its the same..

Kind regards,
Xian

nice try, but Li Hongzhi did an interview with time years ago and revealed himself to be racially intolerant, intolerant or rather anti-secular humanism, talks crazy talk about space aliens, denigrates mixed race couples and is basically a farmer with a poor education scamming equally poorly educated people into believing they have a physical wheel inside their belly and to refuse surgery and follow his crazy ass.

when he did this, some falun gong groups broke off, notably the political agenda version of it.

Falun Gong, Falun Dafa, whatever you want to call it is a cult of personality that basically lifts from other practices, makes claim to them and ties it to a bats ass crazy philosophy that sprang forth for Li's mind.

Yeah, I would advise anyone to take a HUGE pass on anything related to this group. It's a cult of personality that will attempt to subvert you as you get more involved with them.

If you don't know this, you are ignorant or already in the trap.

Xian
08-26-2011, 06:52 AM
Also, a minute ago you said you weren't Fa Lun Da Fa, now you're trying to defned them LOL :rolleyes:

Nope I didnt. I said not all of us a Falun Gong practitioners. And I am also no one defending. It was just simply no correct statement, as I wondered about the word "Negroes " which I find indeed racist I looked for myself...

Kind regards,
Xian

mooyingmantis
08-26-2011, 06:55 AM
Xian,
Looks like a cool event! Good luck with it.

bawang
08-26-2011, 06:58 AM
i will attend the event when prc holds its first democratic election

JamesC
08-26-2011, 07:00 AM

This made me lol

David Jamieson
08-26-2011, 07:08 AM

That ain't gonna happen. The PRC is now growing politically arrogant because it still manages to prosper even with it's oppressive regime in place. Mind you, it prospers by being manufacturers for the west. If we don't buy their shoes, BOOM 200 million people sink back below poverty again in China. This is why the economic questions about the deficit and China's ownership of the American debt is super interesting. It's like two people bound to each other and the only way out is to cut a limb off and bleed to death. Brutal.

The people of China will never be truly free and democratic.

But who really is?

lkfmdc
08-26-2011, 07:10 AM
Someone made this easy for me :D

All quotes are actual quotes and teachings preached by Falun Gong, taken from the following sites:

http://www.faluncanada.net/library/english/books_e.html
http://www.falundafa.org/book/eng/flg.htm
http://www.clearwisdom.net

I encourage you to read them yourself. They're a real hoot, especially the question and answer excerpts.

What does Falun Gong have to say about interracial marriage?

- "After races are mixed up, you will find one’s child born to be an infant of mixed blood. However, there is a partition in the middle of this child's life. If it is separated, he will be physically and intellectually incomplete or a person with an incomplete body. Modern science also knows that it is getting worse
one generation after another."

If people of mixed race practice cultivation, which paradise will they go to?

- As far as humans go, people of mixed race no longer have corresponding human races in heaven.

According to the teachings of Falun Gong, interracial marriage is a sin, and the
master teaches segregationist views.

It is EXTREMELY RARE you will find a topic Jamieson and I agree on!

GeneChing
09-21-2016, 08:24 AM
From our old friends, the Epoch Times.

Chinese Culture, Orange County NY
Bringing Chinese Martial Arts Back to its Traditional Virtues (http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/2159468-bringing-chinese-martial-arts-back-to-its-traditional-virtues/)
By Leo Timm, Epoch Times | September 20, 2016 AT 7:59 PM Last Updated: September 21, 2016 11:08 am

http://img.theepochtimes.com/n3/eet-content/uploads/2016/09/20/1609171218461973-676x450.jpg
Li Zunlong, a contestant in the 2016 International Chinese Traditional Martial Arts Competition, performs in the Men's Weapons category on Sept. 17, 2016. (Dai Bing/Epoch Times)

At 90, Chao Fu-lin of Taiwan isn’t quite what he used to be, but his skills with the various weapons and methods of ancient Chinese martial arts remain impressive. On a recent weekend at a gymnasium in upstate New York, he moved agilely and gracefully across the floor to a crowd of fans—on the surface partaking in an international competition, but in essence joining a movement to reinvigorate the semi-mystical heart of Chinese kungfu.

From Sept. 17 to Sept. 18 the Chinese-language broadcaster New Tang Dynasty Television (NTD), based in New York, held its fifth International Chinese Traditional Martial Arts Competition in Middletown, a city of 25,000 two hours from Manhattan.

Drawing male and female contestants from eight countries and across 80 years of age, the competition seeks to encourage authentic martial arts, known as “wushu” in Chinese. Contestants performed in armed and unarmed groups, as well as individual or pair demonstrations.

For the wispy sideburn-sporting Chao, who lives in Taiwan but was born in central China at a time when warlords reigned supreme, the event came as an honorable and possibly final opportunity.

http://i.epochtimes.com/assets/uploads/2016/06/1606040938542384.jpg
Chao Fu-lin demonstrates his skills with a spear. (Chen Baizhou/Epoch Times)

“NTD is truly promoting Chinese martial arts,” Chao said. “I am nearly 90 years old. In the past two years I have trouble raising my legs. If I don’t come out to support it, I won’t get the chance again.”

What sets NTD’s competition apart is its humble focus on tradition and virtue. For those like Chao, who have seen what decades of ideological repression, then commercialization, can do to an ancient artform, the event in Middletown comes as a welcome return to authenticity.

Martial Virtue
As a people venerating order and refinement, the ancient Chinese paid attention to virtue and morality—even in combat. Men strove to be “skilled in both the civil and the martial,” a term so regarded that it evokes the image of stately advisers and officers at the imperial court. In the opening lines of the “Art of War,” strategist Sun Tzu states that victory goes to the army whose commander more thoroughly grasps the Tao, or Way.

Central to the Middletown competition’s philosophy is the concept of martial virtue, known as “wu de” in Chinese. This taps the spiritual marrow of traditional martial arts, used only to defend against injustice, and not for aggression.

“This competition is unlike any competition for profit,” said Wu Cheng-han, a Taiwanese contestant and practitioner of the Eight Extremities Fist style. “It is about respect, respect for what is greater than all of us. And this is the spirit of Heaven. This is similar to how martial artists bow, how they show humility and respect to their grandmasters, Buddhas, and Heaven.”

Chin Li-yen, who has served as the bodyguard for four presidents of Taiwan, is also a master of Eight Extremities Fist method of northern Chinese wushu. This school was originally a secret method practiced by imperial guards in the Qing Dynasty, and contains a wide range of lethal moves.

Given this, morality is paramount, Chin told NTD. “Winning lands you in court; losing gets you in the hospital,” he said. “So it can’t be about winning or losing.”

Gold prizes at the competition included five swords specially forged for and donated to the event by famous Taiwanese master Ch’en Chong-chih. The five gold prize winners, decided by a board of judges, also received $5,000 each.

http://img.theepochtimes.com/n3/eet-content/uploads/2016/09/20/swords-580x366.png
The San Tsai sword, one of the prizes in the competition. (Courtesy of NTD)

Cultivation
Master Li Peiyun, who runs a wushu school in New Jersey, is selective about his students. “I consider foremost their moral character,” he told NTD. “If this person’s character can serve to promote and uphold Chinese martial arts, we will impart to him a relatively orthodox set of theory, methods, and fighting techniques.”

His students take his teachings to heart. Therapist Brian Nguyen, one of Li’s students, treats his clients using principles he learned from wushu, with the hope of helping them “cultivate themselves.”

“They actually love it but they don’t know it’s available,” he said. “When I show them that, they’re excited to see it because it’s very fluid, it’s very beautiful, it looks very peaceful, but it looks very intense.”

Despite the popularity of kung fu films, Nguyen said that Chinese martial arts are not well-known in the West compared with their Japanese or Korean counterparts. “When I found out that I loved wushu or Chinese kungfu, not taekwondo or karate, I looked for the nearest wushu school I could, and then I found Master Li’s school,” Nguyen said.

Self-control, Nguyen and his training partners Anthony DeSimone and Leif Smith agree, is crucial to wushu practice.

“What we learn here can be used to defend ourselves, but we’re taught to be very peaceful,” he said. “I’m very confident in everything I do, not just in my martial arts and physical ability, but in my life all round. Master Li has helped me immensely, helped cultivate that and allowed it to grow.” Nguyen performed a Mantis Fist method in his presentation.

Wushu is not the sole domain of men, and is closely related to classical Chinese dance. Throughout history, women have also practiced martial arts, and female contestants from multiple countries took part in the competition at Middletown.

http://i.epochtimes.com/assets/uploads/2016/09/9zy64zuz.bmp
Taiwanese contestant C’hen Ching-I in Middletown. (Dai Bing/Epoch Times)

Ch’en Ching-I, the bronze medal winner of the women’s weapons category, is from Taiwan, and her weapon is a pair of 6 pound iron rulers—dagger-like defense implements.

“I took part in this competition for the purpose of promoting traditional martial arts,” Ch’en said.

Describing her training: “I didn’t know how to exert strength for the different moves. I thought all I had to do was use all my power. Slowly I came to understand that there must be softness within power, and power within softness, and sometimes it is about unleashing an instinctual energy. This is a process of cultivating the mind. I slowly learned about humility and I become more easy going.”

Lost Traditions
“Traditional Chinese wushu has been passed down for a few thousand years,” said Li Youfu, head judge at the competition. According to this renowned master from Beijing, the rich inner meaning and history of wushu lend themselves to faith in divine principles.

“As for its earliest roots, there’s the saying: divinely-imparted culture,” he told NTD.

http://img.theepochtimes.com/n3/eet-content/uploads/2016/05/29/20150227123500805-580x431.jpg
Martial Arts master Li Youfu, head judge of the NTD Television martial arts competition. (Epoch Times)

But in the present, genuine wushu faces an existential threat, Li believes. During the Cultural Revolution in the 1960s and 1970s, traditional wushu masters were persecuted and marginalized, causing the martial arts to lose much of its original character.

The practice of wushu was further degraded as commercial interests crept in, encouraging an emphasis on flashy superficial movements at the expense of ancient subtlety. Wushu of the new schools has been mixed with moves from ballet and other disciplines, bringing it out of touch with its origins.

“In mainland China, traditional wushu has been completely transformed,” Li said. “Movements of the internal schools have been adulterated.”

Li Youfu calls upon practitioners of traditional wushu to take part in the competition and promote their traditional disciplines and martial virtue on the global scene.

“The small number of traditional martial arts masters and enthusiasts in China have held on to, preserved, and passed on traditional martial arts,” he said. “We hope that with this competition we can unearth these surviving gems.”

Frank Fang contributed to this report.

bawang
09-21-2016, 08:10 PM
is forms competition still a thing