PDA

View Full Version : Attacking people

Razaunida
06-16-2011, 09:05 PM
Harder than it looks.

I find that people often run away or lift a stiff arm to block. If I can get ahold of them I can give them the big hits, if they float it is harder. Once they are down they are easy to kick in the face and the more stunned they get the easier it is to stomp on their neck.

The sucker punch is of course great, but we often train for out best punch rather than our sneakiest punch. You really only need a glancing blow to an unsuspecting person to cause them to freeze long enough to keep hitting them.

I find that the best hits cause panic and compromise structure making it easy to intimidate them into falling.

When I was poor I used to get up in people's faces with my arms wide and then clap their ears. Its really hard for them to block and sometimes they would get dizzy and throw up later. If you kick them in the guts when they vomit they are done for like an hour, just laying around.

Sometimes my boy will talk to them and I pretend to walk away at a fourty five degree angle behind them. They don't get scared and then bam, you turn and can hit the back of the neck. Any sharper angle and they know something is up.

Sometimes you can give people a light beating like its a joke, but then when you get them and they are trying to laugh it off, you just keep coming and coming. When they are unsure if you are playing they take horrible hits and still try to laugh like you are friends.

cerebus
06-16-2011, 09:28 PM
LOL! You're either off your meds or on someone else's meds... :p

wenshu
06-16-2011, 09:30 PM
Harder than it looks.

That is why I stick to senior citizens.

David Jamieson
06-16-2011, 09:33 PM
That is why I stick to senior citizens.

go for the wheelchair...

Razaunida
06-16-2011, 09:59 PM
Thats real. Thats how it is...

Razaunida
06-16-2011, 10:08 PM
fighting is sort of important in kung fu. Aside from lighting candles and doing magical dances of self importance.

Razaunida
06-16-2011, 10:13 PM
I see that you are uncomfortable with the topic and violence in general. Is it new to you? Have you yet to really understand what it is?

Why do you think these arts were practiced by monks. You need both the 魂魄。only 魂 will make you useless in combat.

Razaunida
06-16-2011, 10:18 PM
fine, if you do not need to know it then you don't. Many had no choice. The US is all about light, light, light, Jesus, Happy, freedom, cheeseburger.

The rest of the world sees light and dark and loves them both.

Razaunida
06-16-2011, 10:23 PM
Oh ok so you DO like wearing pink polka dotted Tu Tu's. I gotcha, explains alot.

are you well? When I see a guy who is ranting I also see a target, dude like that has no credibility. You can do whatever to him, he'll say it was Alien Jews that did it.

wolf3001
06-16-2011, 11:44 PM
What I do is when the Girl Scouts come I act as if im getting money from my wallet but suddenly drop it you know "accidentally". As I go to pick it up I come up suddenly with a Tiger Uppercut and those cookies are as good as mine. I suggest using a similar strategy.

taai gihk yahn
06-17-2011, 04:23 AM
What I do is when the Girl Scouts come I act as if im getting money from my wallet but suddenly drop it you know "accidentally". As I go to pick it up I come up suddenly with a Tiger Uppercut and those cookies are as good as mine. I suggest using a similar strategy.

finally, some useful information on this forum!

David Jamieson
06-17-2011, 06:26 AM
No really man, do you understand the concept of entering?
Do you understand vantage points to the gates?

Randomly attacking people is foolish.
But if engaged in conflict, there are principles of "entering" that apply 99.999% of the time.

Lucas
06-17-2011, 07:41 AM
Well I know ur just trolling, but ur also describing mugging and jumping via surprise against unsuspecting ,likely untrained, people. U would be better off entering any fighting venue if you want to actually improve your ability to fight in terms beyond just sparring. Its far less criminal...and far more decent. Some of us come from the world you are joking about, been there. You are describing common thug tactic that is used against targets do to a self realized incompetence in relation to physical combat. Now I'm of the opinion you don't carry actions like those out, but if you do, well shame on you. Go learn to fight so you don't have to attack strangers from behind.

Is this post a criminal confession?

SPJ
06-17-2011, 08:30 AM
assault charge will be placed when you attack people

so just walk away.

or use cell phone to call 911, if you are witnessing fist fights etc.

:)

Scott R. Brown
06-17-2011, 08:47 AM
are you well? When I see a guy who is ranting I also see a target, dude like that has no credibility. You can do whatever to him, he'll say it was Alien Jews that did it.

How about laying off the Jews!

You refer to them enough times in a slightly derogatory manner that is beginning to appear anti-Semitic!

I recommend you give it a rest!

lkfmdc
06-17-2011, 08:51 AM
Anti semitism appears to be the only acceptable racism left :rolleyes:

Scott R. Brown
06-17-2011, 08:55 AM
Anti semitism appears to be the only acceptable racism left :rolleyes:

Not for me!

Razaunida
06-17-2011, 08:59 AM
I know about entering gates and attack strategies and mainly you work with some assumptoins about the other person's level of training. What about when you have no idea? You can't gauge skill, you can only gauge fear.

Scott R. Brown
06-17-2011, 09:07 AM
What about when you have no idea?

According to you, blame it on the Jews!

Don't try to avoid owning up to your racism, by ignoring that you got called on it!

Razaunida
06-17-2011, 09:10 AM
Not for me!

If you saw the context you would see that I was making fun of those who used Jews as scapegoats.

I'm part Jewish. Why are American so sensitive to hurting people's feelings, but not about the kids we blow up in foreign countries. Why so uncomfortable with violence when we the US (not Jews) are currently starting every war.

Scott R. Brown
06-17-2011, 09:14 AM
If you saw the context you would see that I was making fun of those who used Jews as scapegoats.

I'm part Jewish. Why are American so sensitive to hurting people's feelings, but not about the kids we blow up in foreign countries. Why so uncomfortable with violence when we the US (not Jews) are currently starting every war.

Being part Jewish is no excuse. You have used the term in a derogatory manner at least 4 or 5 times the I have directly observed.

Don't try to cover it up by throwing a Red Herring into your explanation!

What America does as a country is no justification for your comments!

Razaunida
06-17-2011, 09:33 AM
yesterday you said you were Mexican and Chinese....now you're part jewish. The guys in white coats are on the way. hurry or they will get you.

For people who are supposed to be so welcoming and fair you don't understand that in this day and age people are mixed race. Do you know how many Jews are in Mexico?

I grew up with all kinds of people. I find that people who are really racist feel that they need to protect other races and are the biggest thought police as to who can say what. I don't care if you say I'm racist, racism is a philosophy and we have freedom of thought in this country.

Scott R. Brown
06-17-2011, 09:48 AM
For people who are supposed to be so welcoming and fair you don't understand.....

I am sorry...I don't understand how this comment justifies YOUR racist comments?

Your method of dealing with your embarrassment over being called on being a racist is to use generalized attacks about others! Like your other bigoted comments about American and White people in general!

You appear to harbor quite a bit of anger! You can try to justify your racism by complaining that America and Whites don't live up to your own narrow minded and bigoted ideals of them, but that is still no excuse for your own racism!

Razaunida
06-17-2011, 09:51 AM
I'm not angry, my eyes are open.

It must be stressful pretending the world is anything other than what it is.

Razaunida
06-17-2011, 09:59 AM
I should be shot for freedom of thought.

That is what you mean. Who is the traitor to America?

Scott R. Brown
06-17-2011, 10:00 AM
I'm not angry, my eyes are open.

It must be stressful pretending the world is anything other than what it is.

It must be very difficult for you to make any comment that isn't derogatory or negative in nature.

You see yourself as being realistic, but you are not, you are a very negative, angry person and it shows in nearly every post you make!

You are also a racist and try to cover it up by attacking others who do not live up to your own unrealistic ideals of how the world should be!

It is up to you to decide if you choose to make lemonade from our life of lemons, to see your life's glass as half full rather than half empty.

You can pretend the problem is everyone else, but the only thing that is constant in your life is yourself! You are with yourself where ever you go!

If you don't like the way the world is, start with yourself. You will be happier in the long run and less likely to spread sh!t everywhere you go, like you are doing now!

Razaunida
06-17-2011, 10:02 AM
not really. I used to share your illusions now I am more relaxed.

Scott R. Brown
06-17-2011, 10:11 AM
not really. I used to share your illusions now I am more relaxed.

Sure you are! You who avoid, attack, pretend and obfuscate rather than face your anger and concomitant racism.

Razaunida
06-17-2011, 01:15 PM
look up the defintion of racism. It is a philosophy, one that I don't share.

Being too grown up to think like a Berkley philosophy professor doesn't mean I am racist.

Racist, facist, communist. Its an American thing to throw an "ist" at people as a form of attack.

What your Euro-peasant mind really wants to say is "Heretic!" This is why many EuroAmericans lack sophistication. I learned this change of thought pattern from Jews who are not trapped by the Christian/Europeasant construct.

wolf3001
06-17-2011, 01:20 PM
I hate pussies who have to sucker punch you or sneak up on you just as much as trash talkers who run when you stand your ground. Nothing wants me to seriously injure a guy more than talking **** then running when you start to test them. I have had many people some in groups who would talk **** behind my back and say things like you better keep walking. When I started to actually come towards them they ran I just can't stand it. They remind me of small yapping mutts who bare their teeth bark and then run as soon as you face them but they are quick to bite your pant leg while your not looking. I seen videos of people walking up and randomly attacking people. I don't understand this is it somehow to prove yourself in some way? All it proves is your weak and nuts. You can seriously hurt someone it reminds me of a story I read years ago. A kid was on a bus and someone threw some gum in his hair. He got off the bus and punched the wrong kid in the back of the head. This kid died as a result of that hit.

Like this Random dude knocks woman out then an MMA guy beats his ass.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jOYf2fijeY

Back in the 90s I was in school and kids used to say step up all the time.... Well some kid in class next to me said something so I said something back I don't even remember what it was about but I was minding my own business. He stood up and started tapping his chest and crap told me to step up so I stood up and said now what and he walked away.

Scott R. Brown
06-17-2011, 01:25 PM
look up the defintion of racism. It is a philosophy, one that I don't share.

Being too grown up to think like a Berkley philosophy professor doesn't mean I am racist.

Racist, facist, communist. Its an American thing to throw an "ist" at people as a form of attack.

What your Euro-peasant mind really wants to say is "Heretic!" This is why many EuroAmericans lack sophistication. I learned this change of thought pattern from Jews who are not trapped by the Christian/Europeasant construct.

See? Obfuscation! Trying to baffle with bullsh!t in order to avoid the issue won't work here either. You are easily predictable. I called if before you tried it!

Step

Razaunida
06-17-2011, 01:30 PM
See? Obfuscation! Trying to baffle with bullsh!t in order to avoid the issue won't work here either. You are easily predictable. I called if before you tried it!

Step

God said that I am the King and have divine right. There...that should work on your peasant mentality...oh wait ...it did,...you elected Bush.

Want a credit card? You get cash now.....Jesus is coming soon so you probably won't even have to pay it back....you like shiny things? (This is why most major banks are Jewish owned) the rest of you have no concept of the future ingrained in your culture.

Who doesn't spend themselves into oblivion? Indians, Chinese and Jews. Ancient civilizations. Learn something you monkey.

Razaunida
06-17-2011, 01:32 PM
Please stop trolling this topic.

If you don't like it...don't post. If you have something of value to add, then please do so.

Scott R. Brown
06-17-2011, 01:46 PM
God said that I am the King and have divine right. There...that should work on your peasant mentality...oh wait ...it did,...you elected Bush.

Want a credit card? You get cash now.....Jesus is coming soon so you probably won't even have to pay it back....you like shiny things? (This is why most major banks are Jewish owned) the rest of you have no concept of the future ingrained in your culture.

Who doesn't spend themselves into oblivion? Indians, Chinese and Jews. Ancient civilizations. Learn something you monkey.

Please stop trolling this topic.

If you don't like it...don't post. If you have something of value to add, then please do so.

Dude! You are trolling your own thread! Start with yourself!

And cease your racist comments!

Obfuscation!

Step

Razaunida
06-17-2011, 01:47 PM
still trolling. You wouldn't be so irritable if you lost some weight. You hold too much estrogen and it makes you throw hissy fits.

Razaunida
06-17-2011, 01:50 PM
what about photoshop? Why are still throwing a hissy?

Scott R. Brown
06-17-2011, 01:56 PM
still trolling. You wouldn't be so irritable if you lost some weight. You hold too much estrogen and it makes you throw hissy fits.

The goose is whining about the gander!

The pot is whining about the kettle!

He can dish it out, but cries like a baby cuz he can't take it!

He likes to clean the clock of strangers for no reason but pees his pants when someone calls him on his racism.

He likes to troll others but whimpers like the wuss he is when he is trolled!

And so far I have been gentle with you.

You are lucky I have been in a good mood and haven't felt like treating you like you deserve!

Razaunida
06-17-2011, 02:00 PM
I really would like your imput on what you think about attacking people so that people can get a realistic sense of defense.

Ok..I am a ****...and your experience and input would be appreciated.

Scott R. Brown
06-17-2011, 02:24 PM
Fighting should be avoided at all costs, for a number of reasons. The consequences are rarely worth it. There are legal consequences and financial consequences. These may not appear to be much of a bother when one is young and single, but when has a family one's first responaibilty is to protect and nuture their family. A child is punished when their father is in jail or fined or must pay for the damage they have caused through their aggressive actions. A wise and mature father and husband always considers how their actions will affect their wife and children. A true man will face insults and humiliation when the alternative of fighting will endanger the welfare of his wife and children. Temporary embarassment might offend your ego and hurt your feelings, but no one can take your self respect unless you surrender it yourself.

Say nothing when someone offends you. Walk away and let it go. An emotional need to protect your ego when doing so will endanger the health and wellfare of your family is a weakness a true man cannot afford.

If in a rare occasion it becomes necesary to fight, only do what you need to do to protect yourself and any other innocents. Avoid your opponent first, reason or talk to your opponent second, control your oponent third, incapacitate your opponent as a last resort and be sure you can justify your actions in a court of law. Even if you believe your actions to be justified a jury may not, and your first responsibity is to be a father to your children and husband to your wife.

It you must incapacitate, hit first, hit hard, and end it sooner rather than later!
;)

Razaunida
06-17-2011, 04:07 PM
Another tactic is to bump into a man and see how he reacts. If he reacts with fear you eat him.

Another is to act intimidating and then act friendly and see his level of relief, if he quickly smiles he is weak and you hit him.

Another is to ask shutting a garage door, kick him inside and shut the door.

Attacking with your fists up only happens in a black belt fantasy.

If you want to attack you need few people around in an isolated area and to lull them into a false sense of security.

Its hard for a high level of violence to take place with too many bystanders. It can happen, but only a low level punk will do it that way.

When people get home they relax, unload their stuff and leave the door open. This is especially true if they are on flights of stairs. They go in, you play like you are going up, they unload and you can drop in and down on them. You know that no one is home if they don't say something. "hi honey" whatever.

This is a weak point most people don't realize.

How do you counter this?

Lee Chiang Po
06-17-2011, 04:32 PM
go for the wheelchair...

I was in a VFW drinking and shooting pool one night, first time there, and was playing for a few bucks a game. There was this guy with no legs in a wheel chair running around in there, and every time it looked like I was going to wipe the table the fool would run up and hamstring me with that dam chair. I told him to stay from behind me, but he did it a second time. I got real close and told him just one more time and he would be wishing he had 2 good legs. He did me again, so I jerked his a$$ out of the wheel chair and across the pool table and beat the crap out of him. That ended up to be the biggest fight I think I have ever been in too. Almost everyone in the place wanted some of my butt. The bar keep even pulled out a shotgun on me when things started getting real ugly. However, I would not stand still for a whipping and we tore the place apart. Not to say I didn't get scathed though. I got scathed real good. My sorry brother in law and his friends just sat and watched.

Razaunida
06-17-2011, 04:35 PM
This story would be fake, except that he is from Texas so it is 100% true. It is good that you respected him enough to treat him like an equal.

There was a guy who used to run over little boys with his 2 ton electric wheelchair. My dad tipped him over and made him spin there like a turtle. His caretaker got him a few hours later. He never bullied anyone after that.

Lee Chiang Po
06-17-2011, 06:05 PM
Another tactic is to bump into a man and see how he reacts. If he reacts with fear you eat him.

Another is to act intimidating and then act friendly and see his level of relief, if he quickly smiles he is weak and you hit him.

If you want to attack you need few people around in an isolated area and to lull them into a false sense of security.

Its hard for a high level of violence to take place with too many bystanders. It can happen, but only a low level punk will do it that way.

When people get home they relax, unload their stuff and leave the door open. This is especially true if they are on flights of stairs. They go in, you play like you are going up, they unload and you can drop in and down on them. You know that no one is home if they don't say something. "hi honey" whatever.

How do you counter this?

Now, this is typical of certain people to seek out victims. People that they think they can whip. If they show some sort of self confidence you would likely pass him by, right? Like I said, no one ever approaches people that they think might be able to fight back effectively. I don't know, but from the things that you have posted, I don't think you are as knowledgable as you might think you are. Entry into a fight is not hard to do. Attacking is not difficult at all. You have to know what you are doing and you have to mean it.
One would be foolish to attack someone that is aware of you and your intentions. You would be attacking a fortified position. He would have the advantage. You would need to reverse that advantage by inducing him to attack you instead. If you can control him for the second or two that it takes you to safely strike him a targeting blow, you will usually be able to finish. But, you have to overwhelm him and not allow him to recover. It could become next to impossible to pull that on him a second time.
So far you have only described taking advantage of a weaker person, but nothing towards defending against such attacks. It has been well known to me for many years that people look for victims because they do not have the bravado to tackle someone that they may not be able to handle. Cowardness? I don't know, but it is human nature to do this. If they think you are going to be a victim there is little you are going to do to change their intentions. But, you can take advantage of this because they will not be worried about what you might do and leave you an opening usually, however small. And if you are not afraid you can take full advantage of that.

Razaunida
06-17-2011, 06:22 PM
because how you react from the first bump, from the postion of the room, you won't need to block anything.

We train from the punch...by then it is too late. They will only attack if they are sure they will win because they see what "YOU" believe.

Scott R. Brown
06-17-2011, 10:27 PM

How do you counter this?

Another technique is when he feels his face has been challenged you allow him to keep it through mature social interaction, thus avoiding the conflict from the start, since many or most conflicts at your age begin with face saving behavior. Men your age have very delicate egos. The sense of themselves is so fragile they are willing to fight over it.

If you develop the communication skills for redirecting people's facing saving ego aggression you have learned to adapt the techniques of combat into the social sphere, and have taken the first step towards becoming a true man!

Razaunida
06-17-2011, 10:32 PM
I learn enough about everyone's values and culture and make some racist assumptions about what those might be and try to blend with them so that I am not "othered"

that is the best self defense I have ever learned.

Scott R. Brown
06-18-2011, 12:00 AM
I learn enough about everyone's values and culture and make some racist assumptions about what those might be and try to blend with them so that I am not "othered"

Then perhaps it would be advantageous to tone down some of your harsh rhetortic and demonstrate your understanding, although I must admit it has become more apparent in your most recent posts! :)

TenTigers
06-18-2011, 09:34 AM

I try to do that, but it doesn't seem to work.

Latino Gangbanger: "Yo ese'.."
Me: "Are you calling me a term paper?"

vociferor
06-19-2011, 06:39 PM
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: no purchase necessary, certain restrictions apply. just because you bought a ticket does not mean you can redeem it, nor does that mean you even possess a "ticket". Ticket shall be defined as "cardstock" measuring 11.2 cubits by 10 centimeters. irregradless of mathematical principles based on abstraction- "cardstock" shall not be reverse-engineered or as otherwise misappropriated. "Misappropriated" shall be defined as meaning "any calculation that is not mine", which will- of course- take us back to the days when "a foot" was measured by whatever current King's foot size was; which can only, of couse, complicate things in the long run. So, for the sake of simplicity, we here at GungFuMagazine.com have the right to sue you if we believe you are an a**hole, and we will do so accordingly- in a court of law- in the jurisdiction of our choosing, and you must comply with this and any beforementioned terms, phrases, idioms and paradoxes aforementioned in order to enter the contest which we may cancel hereon and soforth, or terminate at any time without further notice. "Contest" may as likely be legally defined as "a temporary glitch in the system". "System" shall be regarded as "an illusion put in place to confuse, blind and distract you". "You" shall be defined as either an enslaved or liberated member. The difference in 'enslaved' versus 'liberated' shall be defined by a measure of "Capital" which shall from henceforth be defined as either "sweat-equity" or "mental prowess in the area of manipulation"; the "money" shall belong to the most cunning- and if not them, than the ignorant possessing a particular range of money-making skills OR a combination of both. Happy playing!

Razaunida
06-19-2011, 06:57 PM
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: no purchase necessary, certain restrictions apply. just because you bought a ticket does not mean you can redeem it, nor does that mean you even possess a "ticket". Ticket shall be defined as "cardstock" measuring 11.2 cubits by 10 centimeters. irregradless of mathematical principles based on abstraction- "cardstock" shall not be reverse-engineered or as otherwise misappropriated. "Misappropriated" shall be defined as meaning "any calculation that is not mine", which will- of course- take us back to the days when "a foot" was measured by whatever current King's foot size was; which can only, of couse, complicate things in the long run. So, for the sake of simplicity, we here at GungFuMagazine.com have the right to sue you if we believe you are an a**hole, and we will do so accordingly- in a court of law- in the jurisdiction of our choosing, and you must comply with this and any beforementioned terms, phrases, idioms and paradoxes aforementioned in order to enter the contest which we may cancel hereon and soforth, or terminate at any time without further notice. "Contest" may as likely be legally defined as "a temporary glitch in the system". "System" shall be regarded as "an illusion put in place to confuse, blind and distract you". "You" shall be defined as either an enslaved or liberated member. The difference in 'enslaved' versus 'liberated' shall be defined by a measure of "Capital" which shall from henceforth be defined as either "sweat-equity" or "mental prowess in the area of manipulation"; the "money" shall belong to the most cunning- and if not them, than the ignorant possessing a particular range of money-making skills OR a combination of both. Happy playing!

Where you are being institutionalized?

vociferor
06-19-2011, 07:30 PM
I am Duncan MacLeod
born 400 years ago
in the highlands of Scottland.
I am immortal, and I am not alone.
For centuries we have waited
for the time of the gathering,
when the stroke of a sword and
the fall of a head will release
the power of the quickening.
In the end, there can be only one.

(sung)
Here we are. Born to be kings.
We're the princes of the universe.
I am immortal. I have inside me blood of kings.
I have no rival. No man can be my equal.
Take me to the future of your world.

Razaunida
06-19-2011, 07:58 PM
After I mount your sister, your father will force us to get married for the sake of the baby and you will be my brother.

It will be a mitzfah

Scott R. Brown
06-19-2011, 10:11 PM
After I mount your sister, your father will force us to get married for the sake of the baby and you will be my brother.

It will be a mitzfah

And YOU want to know where HE is institutionalized?

Razaunida
06-19-2011, 10:17 PM
Like is like a pot calling a brother Afro-American.

Scott R. Brown
06-19-2011, 10:19 PM
Like is like a pot calling a brother Afro-American.

OH! I get it! You are just wondering if he is the guy in the room down the hall from you!!:eek:

vociferor
06-20-2011, 12:05 AM
I am not in any way shape or form associated with or connected to "razaunida"

my posts were meant to serve as disturbances and slight distractionary agents, used for the sole purpose of removing the negative attention from this place which it has so quickly accrued, due mostly in part (i'm sure) to the fact that there is really no real clear-cut way to ban a moderately-informed contemporary user of the internet from an internet forum.

Scott R. Brown
06-20-2011, 01:38 AM
I am not in any way shape or form associated with or connected to "razaunida"

my posts were meant to serve as disturbances and slight distractionary agents, used for the sole purpose of removing the negative attention from this place which it has so quickly accrued, due mostly in part (i'm sure) to the fact that there is really no real clear-cut way to ban a moderately-informed contemporary user of the internet from an internet forum.

Raz is the only one who thought you were nuts!

Those of us with brains, and a sense of humor got your joke!:)

vociferor
06-20-2011, 04:12 AM
k, good. I didn't want my internet reputation to get ruined... afterall, you know how valuable that is.

Anyhow, someone could only hope Razaunida is only looking for a few good laughs and isn't being serious here.

Though I believe it would be vital to contrast and compare experiences while we got this topic rolling...

unlike razaunida, instead of starting fights with untrained, unsuspecting persons i've been in situations where people have started physical confrontations with me after verbal insults have been said. And this has led me to be in situations where the individual who's swinging on me is not a competent fighter in the slightest, or perhaps a decent fighter but not enough of a threat where that voice goes off in your head saying, "you have to end this, and quick, so give it all you got"... and i've allowed them to swing on me, without hitting them a single time, only blocking, or blocking half-assedly while working on other martial related skills outside of striking (like stance-work and positioning, or blocking-related maneuvars)

a friend of mine who'd witnessed such an encounter (familiar with my capabilities in practice) asked me why I hadn't cleaned the clock on a guy who I allowed to chase me up a street while hitting me at least 20 times. And I told him straight up, "if I seriously got in a fight with that guy, I probably would've killed him"

It's one thing to hold power (without discipline) as you disgrace yourself (lacking self-control), it's another thing entirely to hold it and not allow yourself to become a monster fueled on ego (which is usually: held together by the sinews of masked insecurities and an overwhelming lack of confidence). Traits not found in any strong-minded person, much less, martial artist.

And if fighting is 80% mental... than what is there to say about the martial artist lacking in this most vital area?

Scott R. Brown
06-20-2011, 04:31 AM
Hi vociferor,

Well said and well played.

I agree with your actions. They are the actions of a confident and mature person. While it is nice to challenge our abilities in the real world, there are often consequnces that are not worth the benefits gained. It is unlikely one will suffer negative consequences when one chooses not to hurt their attacker, avoid a confrontation and/or help their opponent to save face.

Many fights occur due to an effort to save face! These may usually be ameliorated with good social skills. Other times running away is much better than hurting someone or getting hurt yourself or worse getting and innocent hurt.

I have a friend whose brother was walking out of a bar to watch his friend tussle with another man. He had not been involved in the argument, but was simply a spectator. As he stepped out the door, the other man's friend blind sided him, he fell, hit his head and now he has brain damage. The assailant got sued, but the damage is permanent.

Even uninvolved people can suffer for our own ill-considered actions!

vociferor
06-25-2011, 12:46 AM
very good point.

when you have a gun: you learn to be responsible.

when you study martial arts: there should be no difference.

---

a man in Las Vegas over 10 years ago (gun owner), was being robbed by two men... he made an irresponsible decision as a gun owner and chased the men up the street, blasting them to death. The court didn't find this decision responsible and sentenced him to prison. While, had he of killed them as they were inside of his home, he would've got off scott-free.

---

if you are an exeptionally trained or serious martial artist... you know how to break bones, gouge eyes, puncture throats, etc. etc. Basically deal real permanent damage to an opponent.

if you are an exceptionally DISCIPLINED/Confident martial artist with nothing to prove (either to another or yourself), you should have the self-control to walk away feeling as if you lost nothing, but only benefitted from preventing your skill-set from getting you in front of a court who defines your conduct as "excessive"

---

this isn't the 50's

two men can't get together and have an honest fist fight, let out some aggression, shake hands (no matter the victor) and call it good after that.

Nowadays, if you win a fight; the guy comes back with a gun, a knife, or some friends.

This is why it is best to resolve not only present but future conflict: fight by not fighting. (Sun Tzu also pronounced this as the pinnacle skill)

---

i'd like to see someone like razaunida give forewarning to an accomplished martial artist, prior to attacking him/her.

Perhaps that would be a wake up call.

perhaps he wont ever get that wake-up call.

perhaps he will hit the wrong 15 year old on the wrong day carrying daddy's pistol in his pocket, and perhaps that kid will be the one to put him out of his misery. (and good riddance?)

razaunida's conception is, to me, not one of "a bad ass". it's a punk with low self-esteem who would not dare give forewarning to an accomplished martial artist because his actions reak of COWARDICE, plain and simple.

it's the same guy who wants to feel tough when he's hitting other people but doesn't want to get his brains bashed in in return.

he wants to attack at a safe distance while hiding behind the conception of playing it "smart"

it's only "smart", according to this definition in war-time situations, but it's called cowardice when being used against your average run of the mill citizen walking to and from a 9 to 5

show some honor razaunida and do yourself a favour: openly challenge an accomplished martial artist, or even better... someone you KNOW (absolutely KNOW FOR A FACT) that you cannot beat.

Then you will be enlightened.

---

I think your fear is greater than you. but don't prove me wrong. prove YOU wrong.

are you beyond your fear of humiliation... death?

all I see is an ego doing whatever it can to (desperately) hold on to itself.

hold on to your self-created conception of yourself as "a tough guy", if you wish. But I know what you are (based on what you say) and what you are not. One thing you are not is a man of honor, nor brave.

the strongest, most successful people alive on this earth have been defeated over a hundred million times. The only "secret" is called: being strong enough to get back up.

if you fail to allow yourself to fall, you will never get back up (becoming stronger and more learned every time that you do). Instead, you will move not at all. And in that state of mediocrity, you will stagnate without inertia.

pay heed to the wise philosopher Sir Dylan: "He not busy being born is busy dying."

---

kill your ego before it kills you.