PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Shaolin Temple

sha0lin1
06-18-2011, 11:16 PM
Just wanted to say hello to everyone. Arrived yesterday and started training today. We spent two days at Wudang training. Wudang was beautiful beyond imagination. Now the real training begins.

GeneChing
06-20-2011, 09:45 AM
Have a great trip, sha0lin1! Thanks for checking in.

sha0lin1 = :cool:

Share some stories here when you get back.

Shaolindynasty
06-20-2011, 10:15 AM
I'm pretty envious. It's been almost a year since my last shaolin trip. :(

sha0lin1
06-20-2011, 10:17 PM
Oh yes, there will be stories. We have been hitting it pretty hard since we arrived. We learned Wudang 36 tai ji Jian in a marathon 13 hour training session at Wudang. We learned Shaolin Jiu jie bian Yi Liu in one day and today we are learning Shaolin Yin Quan Yi Liu and are half way through that as of noon. They finished the Buddha at the top of the mountain since the last time I was here. There are a lot more tourists here than last time, probably due to the Shaolin movie.

Blacktiger
06-21-2011, 08:25 PM
2007 was my last and am hanging to get back...maybe next year:)

sha0lin1
06-22-2011, 08:23 PM
Winding down our trip now. We have had an awesome time despite illness and injury. Finished Tang Lang Quan today and will test our three forms in front of a Masters panel tomorrow. Got a chance to meet and hang out with ReDaHai from the forums. He was a very cool person, I am very envious of what he is doing here. Wish there was more time to hang out. Two more days here and then back to the States.

GeneChing
06-23-2011, 10:09 AM
Hope you and RDH got a pic together. If so, post that here.

In the middle of the current craziness here (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60960), it's refreshing to hear of some positivity from the forum, especially all the way out at Shaolin.

LFJ
06-24-2011, 03:12 AM
RDH came to Shi Deyang's school in '08, I met and trained/studied with him a bit there. Awesome guy with great skills, experience, and knowledge... Spotted him once in a Shaolin documentary at Tagou too!

By the way, RDH, if you're reading, Shi Deyang put a picture of you in his commemorative photobook of Shi Suxi from that time in '08. Stop by the school and get a copy if you haven't already!

Sardinkahnikov
06-24-2011, 07:12 AM
How's Wudang? I always wanted to visit it (just for tourism, not training) since the photographs of the scenery there are jaw-dropping.

GeneChing
06-24-2011, 09:20 AM
We've discussed it a little over here: Who has trained at Wudang? (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50610)

Every venerated mountain that I have been to in China has been amazing, as long as your willing to do some hiking. The touristy parts are usually kind of cheesy, but there's always good stuff if you're willing to hike a little off the beaten path.

Have a safe trip home, sha0lin1, and we're looking forward to some photos here next week or so...

sha0lin1
06-27-2011, 06:30 AM
How's Wudang? I always wanted to visit it (just for tourism, not training) since the photographs of the scenery there are jaw-dropping.

Wudang is jaw dropping. I can assure you though that photo's don't do it justice, the scenery and Temples are just spectacular. The training was good too. Hospitality though was lacking, not as good as at Shaolin. It is somewhat of a hassle to get to the top if you are staying there.