PDA

View Full Version : Reality moment...

Water-quan
06-22-2011, 05:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA-Mnc3-mNc

SimonM
06-22-2011, 05:08 AM
Keep in mind that I've seen much better Ba Ji in other places.

That guy didn't really do any sort of martial arts. Just stood there getting punched and kicked.

Water-quan
06-22-2011, 06:06 AM

That guy didn't really do any sort of martial arts. Just stood there getting punched and kicked.

Heh... it is a well known axiom of martial arts that anyone who looks bad in a real fight doesn't know the 'real' [insert style here].

I'm interested in your response. It's not that it's not valid - but it's interesting how the first reaction is always to defend the style by excommunicating the practitioner in question.

Maybe he's really good at what he does - but just never trained in a realistic enough way to carry it through.

I'm more interested to see who recognises this moment - I certainly do... when the leg kick slams in to your thigh - and you never realised it actually hurts so much it makes you want to puke. When, before you can even think about what to do, you've already been hit another three times... when you think, my God, I'm going to die, and everything I learned was just useless to me. It is an interesting distinction between those people who think in terms of 'I'm great because, in the future, when I have a fight with you, I'll....'

Water-quan
06-22-2011, 06:10 AM

I'm afraid that's your lack of experience with these scenarios. He probably was highly skilled, on paper - but this is the crucial point - without proper training, you DO generally look like you know nothing when you get hit. You DO freeze, panic and have no answer. You do get leathered. This is not someone who wasn't trained - it was someone who wasn't trained in the right way, in the right things.

And notice how in this fight, even though it had rules - of sorts - still, the guy had no answer. I bet he knows thousands of armlocks and fancy techniques, in theory - but in practice, even against a mere vulgar kick boxer, lol, nothing worked because he was beaten with the first strike.

David Jamieson
06-22-2011, 06:15 AM
The guy didn't know how to fight period.

He couldn't address a jab or a cross correctly, did not keep his hands up at all.

Anyway, what's the point? To criticize that guy? Ok, he can't fight.
Who is he and why should I care that he can't fight?

sanjuro_ronin
06-22-2011, 06:17 AM
Everyone has a plan, until they get hit.
This happens when you do not fight with contact and have no clue how to react when you get hit hard.
He got beat because he had very little, if any, FC fighting experience.

SimonM
06-22-2011, 06:22 AM
I'm more interested to see who recognises this moment - I certainly do... when the leg kick slams in to your thigh - and you never realised it actually hurts so much it makes you want to puke.

Yeah, the low roundhouse is one of my favourite kicks for a reason. But my point was that the fight more seemed man vs. tomato can than style vs. style.

Iron_Eagle_76
06-22-2011, 06:55 AM
The guys hands were down, no head movement, no parrys, when he got tagged and the guy start laying into him his first instinct should have been to clinch up, he didn't.

Rather than just a random dude getting his a**ss kicked I suppose it will be considered a Kung Fu guy getting his a**ss kicked. Lame.:rolleyes:

Lucas
06-22-2011, 07:31 AM
I seem to remember a recent muay Thai vs hung gar post....but oh ya the guy wasn't de realz muay Thai. Its just to show style has no real bearing.

SimonM
06-22-2011, 08:29 AM
My point is that you can get mokes who claim to study any style. The fact that the human punching-dummy in the video above happened to claim a Ba Gua background is irrelevant because he didn't do anything except stand there getting punched and kicked.

However, again, I'll agree, the closest I ever came to seriously injuring somebody in a fight was when I hit a guy in the lead leg with a low roundhouse and he banged his head in the course of falling over from the kick.

It is not a technique to disrespect. ;)

Water-quan
06-22-2011, 09:35 AM
The guy didn't know how to fight period.

He couldn't address a jab or a cross correctly, did not keep his hands up at all.

Anyway, what's the point? To criticize that guy? Ok, he can't fight.
Who is he and why should I care that he can't fight?

The issue here is fairly simple - how many people here, who talk about kicking people's asses, and fight theory, would actually be that guy getting leathered - if - big if - they ever dared to spar someone like that.

The issue isn't one to get upset about. It's just theory.

Lebaufist
06-22-2011, 09:44 AM
http://curezone.com/upload/Members/new03/Beating_a_dead_horse.gif

David Jamieson
06-22-2011, 10:17 AM
The issue here is fairly simple - how many people here, who talk about kicking people's asses, and fight theory, would actually be that guy getting leathered - if - big if - they ever dared to spar someone like that.

The issue isn't one to get upset about. It's just theory.

you sound like your pal maxipad with all your "ifs" and "probablies" and "dared" and blah blah blabbity blah.

cherry picking fools like the rest of phrosts blow job army :rolleyes: lol :p

weirdos.

Water-quan
06-22-2011, 11:20 AM
you sound like your pal maxipad with all your "ifs" and "probablies" and "dared" and blah blah blabbity blah.

cherry picking fools like the rest of phrosts blow job army :rolleyes: lol :p

weirdos.

Hmm.. interesting... All we've had for years is people who provide evidence of their abilities that is, rather interestingly, somewhere in the future - when they'll really really hurt people who didn't believe them. But now that someone has predicted a different future for those people, predicting the future is stupid.

One does not need a crystal ball to foresee that the guy in the video is you, and Dale, and Scott, in a, hopefully not too distant, future - that is, if you ever step outside your ever open doors.

David Jamieson
06-22-2011, 11:29 AM
Hmm.. interesting... All we've had for years is people who provide evidence of their abilities that is, rather interestingly, somewhere in the future - when they'll really really hurt people who didn't believe them. But now that someone has predicted a different future for those people, predicting the future is stupid.

One does not need a crystal ball to foresee that the guy in the video is you, and Dale, and Scott, in a, hopefully not too distant, future - that is, if you ever step outside your ever open doors.

go check out what maxi pad thinks strike conditioning for your abs is. :rolleyes:

you guys came in the same cab right?

it's waiting for you....

wankers. you wish you could do something actual, but you're just puzzies who will never darken Dales door or mine or anybodies really.

you know why? Because you're puzzies that's why. lol

SimonM
06-22-2011, 01:45 PM
http://cdn0.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/085/290/original/come%20at%20me%20bro.jpg?1291096708

Sorry, it was too easy, couldn't resist. ;)

David Jamieson
06-22-2011, 01:53 PM
Boulevard of broken dreams, walmart chairs and "eff you I"m an anteater guy"....

outstanding and artful!

Northwind
06-22-2011, 06:09 PM
I wouldn't have replied anything in this thread, as I really can't stand any of this whole new slew of @$$hat clowns, but dam I love that picture up there! :) lol