PDA

View Full Version : adding fuel to the internal debate

Dragonzbane76
06-22-2011, 04:26 PM
I'll let you guys make your comments on these two vids I came across. :p

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3 D3F3ovb2kZ9Q%26feature%3Dshare&h=0a545

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3 DA8iCIYx1CYc%26feature%3Dshare&h=0a545

faxiapreta
06-22-2011, 05:12 PM
I like this one better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhhWcRGRtOI

Scott R. Brown
06-22-2011, 05:13 PM
I have seen this and also read a book about this guy!

Why is it so hard for these guys to allow themselves to be scientifically evaluated? A complete scientific evaluation is all it would take!

If his sect is supposed to do good, then the notoriety would help millions of people and not just the few who happen to stumble upon him.

If they are afraid of the notoriety going to their heads, all you have to do is have thousands of people be able to do the same thing and then you are just one of many instead of just one or two "special" people in the world!

He has a bunch of other parlor tricks, like splitting a banana inside the peel which is another well known magic trick/illusion!

BTW prison inmates used to be able to wad up paper and make it spontaneously ignite using brylcreem and something else. I cannot remember the other ingredient.

You put a small amount on two parts of a sheet of paper. When you wad the paper it mixes the two chemicals, and within a few moments, POOF!!! Spontaneous combustion!

Mulong
06-22-2011, 05:35 PM
I wish that qi could work like that, but it doesn’t; just parlor tricks.

Lucas
06-22-2011, 06:09 PM
Srinivasa Ramanujan. In his dreams.... some of our most advanced sciences ,in terms of levitation, teleportation, string theory etc. Come from or in part from the equations we have figured out and proven. He received these from a goddess (said he). I don't say yes or no to qi tricks or such....but I do understand there are mysteries of the universe we have yet to discover....many of them. It is not a far stretch to think there is some scientific method by which we can harness energy beyond what we do understand. Science teaches us that we are ignorant to what is truly possible. One day far after all of us are dead there will be technologies that we now would deem impossible. This is a fact, and has always been the case throughout our time here as a species.

faxiapreta
06-22-2011, 06:28 PM
Science teaches us that we are ignorant to what is truly possible. One day far after all of us are dead there will be technologies that we now would deem impossible. This is a fact, and has always been the case throughout our time here as a species.

You are right about that. Technologies have been developed for most everything- flying, the internet, driving, new body parts, television- all thing that would have been considered impossible a couple hundred years ago.

That being said, until the technology was developed, no one was able to do these things.

Same with him.

Might there someday be levitation, teleportation, etc? Of course. Can people do them now? Of course not. Like all the other technologies that have been developed up to now no one can do them until the technology is developed.

Lucas
06-22-2011, 06:38 PM
can people do them now? no, but science can. we have teleported. not large objects but we have teleported particles. there are various ways we know how to levetate with technology.

there have always been 'unexplained' phenomina...and as soon as science cannot explain it, it is written off. so just because it cannot be explained, or has not yet been under the mircro scope, it is not real. and every time one thing that is unexplained eventually does come to light, then we can remove our sheet of ignorance, and this is why it is always 1 or 2 individuals who have always discovered everything in all of our history, because too many people are not willing to open their minds and try.

again i do not believe or disbelieve, i am the type of person that i have to see it to believe it. i need evidence. but at the same time i also need the other side of that coin. if someone says something is not true, i need evidence.

if neither side can support their claim with raw evidence that i can verify for myself, i do not puth faith in either.

TenTigers
06-22-2011, 06:51 PM
He has a bunch of other parlor tricks, like splitting a banana inside the peel which is another well known magic trick/illusion!

I think the banana trick is done with a fine needle and thread to cut through the banana. I had a book on magic tricks when I was young.

Violent Designs
06-22-2011, 07:41 PM
i think the best trick is the trick of procreation.

u gotta trick the female i nto wanting to procreate with u.

bawang
06-22-2011, 07:44 PM
internal kung fu is as real as chinese communism

YouKnowWho
06-22-2011, 07:51 PM
splitting a banana inside the peel ...

I know 3 tricks to share here:

1. Splitting a banana inside the peel - Use needle and thread.

2. Use paper to break chopstick- Stick your finger out behind the paper to break the chopstick and quickly pull that finger back.

3. Put your hands in hot boiled water - puts your hands in ice first.

Scott R. Brown
06-23-2011, 03:49 AM
adding fuel to the internal debate

Is it really a debate?

I mean, isn't it more like dreamers fantasizing about magical unicorns floating in a marmalade sky, while reasonable people snicker and laugh at them?

It is really spectacle isn't it?

I think the banana trick is done with a fine needle and thread to cut through the banana. I had a book on magic tricks when I was young.

Yup! That's it!

I know 3 tricks to share here:

1. Splitting a banana inside the peel - Use needle and thread.

2. Use paper to break chopstick- Stick your finger out behind the paper to break the chopstick and quickly pull that finger back.

3. Put your hands in hot boiled water - puts your hands in ice first.

Nice use of Qi!:eek:

But you aren't supposed to tell the unwashed masses so you can look all super-duper and mysterious and specially gifted by the Taoverse Deity!;)

Iron_Eagle_76
06-23-2011, 05:36 AM

The best banana trick I ever saw was performed by a Thai hooker!!;)

donjitsu2
06-23-2011, 06:00 AM

Ah! You've met Atsumi too.

sanjuro_ronin
06-23-2011, 06:01 AM

I second that, but that Japanese "geisha" came a close second, eh?:D

SimonM
06-23-2011, 07:31 AM
internal kung fu is as real as chinese communism

Awesome comment Bawang. Rapier wit.

Dragonzbane76
06-23-2011, 01:32 PM
Is it really a debate?

I guess not from my point of view. Like I said adding to the internal "spectacle" as you pointed out.

YouKnowWho
06-23-2011, 01:40 PM

I had seen that demo once. When that banana was shot out toward the audience, they all ran like hell.

瓜娃子
06-23-2011, 03:20 PM
I had seen that demo once. When that banana was shot out toward the audience, they all ran like hell.

Was it a man or a woman? In Thailand its hard to be sure. Did you keep the banana?