PDA

View Full Version : Hello

瓜娃子
06-23-2011, 11:26 AM
Hello, I my name is Watson Gua. I have practiced Seven Star Mantis and Nanquan as well as some Hong family style, Bagua, Xing yi and Chen Taijiquan. I hope we can all learn from each other and know more about practicing martial arts for health and self defense.

Would some of you mind introducing yourselves a little bit so I can know more about you too?

Thanks

Watson

Snipsky
06-23-2011, 11:29 AM
Whoa Dawg, my name is Watson Kua..what a co-inky dink. :)

David Jamieson
06-23-2011, 11:31 AM
I Dave Jamieson
I'm Canadian.

I practice Sil Lum Hung Kuen Black Tiger Boxing.
Also qigong, nei gong, Yang Tai Chi, a variety of classical weapons and some North Shaolin.
I also practice meditation of a few traditions, yoga and massage therapy.

welcome.

瓜娃子
06-23-2011, 11:33 AM
Whoa Dawg, my name is Watson Kua..what a co-inky dink. :)

Really or are you making a joke? I picked the name Watson out of a book when I was young, later I found out that it is not so common, but by then it was too late ;)

bawang
06-23-2011, 11:34 AM
i train ufc

Lucas
06-23-2011, 11:35 AM
I am ninja

瓜娃子
06-23-2011, 11:40 AM
I've ever been to Portland. It is a great city. Very beautiful and full of nature.

Iron_Eagle_76
06-23-2011, 11:40 AM
Hello,

My name is Inigo Montoya,
you killed my father,
Prepare to die.

Welcome to the forum. Don't let any of these "knuckleheads" get to you.:D

Lucas
06-23-2011, 11:42 AM
I've ever been to Portland. It is a great city. Very beautiful and full of nature.

You are right! and for that I will admit i am not ninja :(

I'm lucas and I am insane. nice to meet you.

Snipsky
06-23-2011, 11:45 AM
Really or are you making a joke? I picked the name Watson out of a book when I was young, later I found out that it is not so common, but by then it was too late

Yes, I'm sorry.

Hi, I'm Chuk "faxiapreta" Norres.

I hug trees. They hug me back. it's a B-U-teeful thing really.

瓜娃子
06-23-2011, 11:46 AM
I think maybe you have been drinking wine.

Lucas
06-23-2011, 11:47 AM
I think maybe you have been drinking wine.

i do not consume alcohol :eek: unless you are a female..then i do.

also i hope you realize we are just being silly.

瓜娃子
06-23-2011, 11:48 AM
maybe we can pretend lol:p;)

just making joke.

Lucas
06-23-2011, 11:49 AM
for reals and for serious. welcome to the board, i have given you a small taste of what it will be like for you here. ;)

Snipsky
06-23-2011, 11:50 AM
for reals and for serious. welcome to the board, i have given you a small taste of what it will be like for you here.

Can i get a taste? oh wait...never mind. you don't have red airs and pink nipples. forget i asked. :o

Cdr.Instigator
06-23-2011, 12:01 PM
Hi, my name is Luis, but you can call me Chuck, Robert, Steve or Jerald.. or if those are too common, then just call me, Cdr.Instigator!

I'm new to Martial Arts, as I have practically no nothing about the styles and no training on it, unless you can count the 100's of movies I have seen as my training.

I join this forum to learn some self defense, but all I have learned so far is ...
How much people argue about styles.. mine is better.. No mines is!! NO, I said I'm the best!! No...

Next peeing match, at 3pm..

David Jamieson
06-23-2011, 12:05 PM
Hi, my name is Luis, but you can call me Chuck, Robert, Steve or Jerald.. or if those are too common, then just call me, Cdr.Instigator!

I'm new to Martial Arts, as I have practically no nothing about the styles and no training on it, unless you can count the 100's of movies I have seen as my training.

I join this forum to learn some self defense, but all I have learned so far is ...
How much people argue about styles.. mine is better.. No mines is!! NO, I said I'm the best!! No...

Next peeing match, at 3pm..

what forum are you at? style vs style?
where is that ubiquitous throughout?

Many who have been here for a while burned that argument to the ground ages ago. seriously, years ago...it's dead.

we mostly talk about methods these days when we aren't fending off or feeding trolls from crappy sub-standard martial arts sites who pretend they know everything and hate Kung Fu because it is obviously the coolest of the cool.

Kung Fu is the silk you dress a barbarian in.

Once people get that, they'll get it. Until then, they are free to continue injuring themselves in various iterations of "look at me!" demonstrations. lol

YouKnowWho
06-23-2011, 12:09 PM
I'm Lord Voldemort (born as Tom Marvolo Riddle). People call me as "You-Know-Who", "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named", or "the Dark Lord". I like to crack people's skulls and eat their brain.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://haikucrew.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/voldemort1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://haikucrew.wordpress.com/tag/lord-voldemort/&h=478&w=478&sz=28&tbnid=G81bYekYLC2EmM:&tbnh=98&tbnw=98&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dvoldemort%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=voldemort&usg=__8x50aZGkb1JFw-5VbKs_Q7avNC4=&sa=X&ei=mI8DTtSrH43PiAKIsLD-DQ&ved=0CE8Q9QEwBw

SPJ
06-23-2011, 01:09 PM
I am a south beach surfer (OC cali).

I listen to 60s music.

I drive hybrid.

but mostly walking and biking.

I cook

--

SimonM
06-23-2011, 01:15 PM
I'm a novelist who wants to get back into doing Kung Fu after a long absence. As my novels are largely derived from Wuxia tropes I like chatting about kung fu related topics...

And I like feeding the trolls sometimes.

sanjuro_ronin
06-23-2011, 01:16 PM
i am a south beach surfer (oc cali).

I listen to 60s music.

I drive hybrid.

But mostly walking and biking.

I cook

--

flaming !!!!!!

Northwind
06-23-2011, 02:03 PM
I'm a novelist who wants to get back into doing Kung Fu after a long absence. As my novels are largely derived from Wuxia tropes I like chatting about kung fu related topics...

And I like feeding the trolls sometimes.

Are you serious about the novelist thing? Very cool; would love to read some of your stuff.

David Jamieson
06-23-2011, 03:05 PM
Are you serious about the novelist thing? Very cool; would love to read some of your stuff.

He's got a blog and he's got a novel on it.
http://Simon-McNeil.Blogspot.Com
I started reading it. Not bad so far. :)

SPJ
06-23-2011, 03:09 PM
I am a south beach surfer (OC cali).

I listen to 60s music.

I drive hybrid.

but mostly walking and biking.

I cook

--

I meant to say

I am kung fu surfer

kung fu anti war peace songs singer

kung fu clean air greener energy driver

kung fu hiker

kung fu biker

kung fu chef

etc etc

---

:)

David Jamieson
06-23-2011, 03:13 PM
I meant to say

I am kung fu surfer

kung fu anti war peace songs singer

kung fu clean air greener energy driver

kung fu hiker

kung fu biker

kung fu chef

etc etc

---

:)

So, "Dude" or "Man" is good then? :p

Northwind
06-23-2011, 03:24 PM
He's got a blog and he's got a novel on it.
http://Simon-McNeil.Blogspot.Com
I started reading it. Not bad so far. :)

Sweet. Thanks for the heads-up! Definitely checking it out.

TenTigers
06-23-2011, 03:51 PM
I train Siu Lum Hung Kuen and Kwongsai Jook Lum Ji Nam Tong Long P'ai..among others, some which I will not admit to.
I also play electric blues/rock guitar
and I am very manly. Mainly because I also hunt, shoot, ride a Harley, and stuff.
Also, I am a great lover..I bet..

Yum Cha
06-23-2011, 04:19 PM
I train Siu Lum Hung Kuen and Kwongsai Jook Lum Ji Nam Tong Long P'ai..among others, some which I will not admit to.
I also play electric blues/rock guitar
and I am very manly. Mainly because I also hunt, shoot, ride a Harley, and stuff.
Also, I am a great lover..I bet..

Shhhhh! Everybody thinks this is a Kung Fu board, but in reality its just a refuge for blokes who play guitar, ride motorcycles, work out and occasionally scrap, more or less. Nobody has sex, or they wouldn't be here. When people disappear, they are having sex. Very simple.

Except me, I'm the only real kung fu guy here, the rest are worthless and weak. Except Bwang, he's really Kwan Gung, but don't tell anybody.... Just send him money.

SimonM
06-29-2011, 10:50 AM
Clearly you haven't discovered the secret of kung fu sex.

hungheikwan
06-29-2011, 05:25 PM
Hello Watson. Welcome to the forum. I practice northern longfist, mantis & tiger. Also 10-form tan tui and bajichuan, as well as Yang taiji.

mooyingmantis
06-29-2011, 05:56 PM
Nu Houquan and Tanglangquan, traditional jujutsu (two styles) and yoshinkan aikido.

Welcome!

ginosifu
06-29-2011, 06:57 PM
Hello and Welcome;

My name is Gino Belfiore and I practice

Norhtern Shaolin

Canton Hung Gar

Angry Monkey Fist

Pao Ting Shuai Chiao

Yang Style Tai Chi

Started Wrestling at age 12 and never looked back.

ginosifu