View Full Version : Wong People DC Kung Fu tournament

Radplaiddude
06-24-2011, 02:32 PM
http://www.wongpeople.com/id10.html

This sunday in DC.

pazman
06-24-2011, 11:37 PM
30 second rounds for sparring?

"No crying , pouting, whining or complaining if the judges do not score in your favor ."

Does this happen a lot at kung fu tournaments?:confused:

TenTigers
06-27-2011, 07:28 PM
so, one would think by reading this and several other Martial Arts forums that,
TCMA is on the decline, and males 18-28 are only interested in MMA.
Well, nothing could be further from the truth.
I just came back from the Wong People's Kung-Fu Tournament in Washington DC.
First of all, although we arrived early, the first parking lot was already full, and the second was filling up quickly.
The attendance was bigger this year than it was the year before, and quite possibly the year before that, so using the economy as an excuse is out.
The largest divisions were kids (of course) and adult males 18-30, teen males as well was a big division.
The only people there that could be considered larpers were from one school of "questionable origin."
ALL in all, a great tournament. Well run, started and ended on time, and there was a feeling of comraderie throughout.

TenTigers
06-28-2011, 09:20 PM
30 second rounds for sparring?

"No crying , pouting, whining or complaining if the judges do not score in your favor ."

Does this happen a lot at kung fu tournaments?:confused:

oh yeah. There were still temper tantrums....oh well..

bawang
06-28-2011, 09:30 PM
so, one would think by reading this and several other Martial Arts forums that,
TCMA is on the decline, and males 18-28 are only interested in MMA.

1 to 5 students is normal size in traditional training. teaching few students is much more personal and can be intimidating for those who like to hide behind a facade.

taai gihk yahn
06-29-2011, 03:13 AM
oh yeah. There were still temper tantrums....oh well..

they wouldn't let you do the lightsaber form again, huh? ;)

TenTigers
06-29-2011, 07:51 AM
I will say this, I miss seeing the white chick in the cheong sahm with leggings underneath, barefoot, hair held with chopsticks, doing her interpetive dance/fan set...

pateticorecords
06-29-2011, 08:26 AM
I am only 2 hours away but can't make it because of a family get togethers I can't make it... been there before though, great times! Good luck to those that participate!!!