PDA

View Full Version : NYC July 28th - August 1

kung fu fighter
06-27-2011, 07:07 AM
I am going to be in NYC Chinatown from july 28th - August 1st if anyone is interested in getting together to exchange ideas/experiences or just for some good WCK discussion over coffee please PM me.

stonecrusher69
06-27-2011, 10:05 AM
Cool we can finally have that death dual.

kung fu fighter
06-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Make sure you bring your stones, you're going to need them:)

stonecrusher69
06-27-2011, 11:00 AM
I lost me stones.

Phil Redmond
06-27-2011, 11:00 AM
I am going to be in NYC Chinatown from july 28th - August 1st if anyone is interested in getting together to exchange ideas/experiences or just for some good WCK discussion over coffee please PM me.
Are you Navin that I met in TO? Anyway, I'm in Chinatown at least twice a week so I'd be glad to meet with you.

kung fu fighter
06-27-2011, 11:10 AM
Are you Navin that I met in TO? Anyway, I'm in Chinatown at least twice a week so I'd be glad to meet with you.

Yes I am, sounds good Phil. Maybe we can all meet up at columbus park on either saturday or sunday morning and possibly grab some lunch after as well.

Phil Redmond
06-29-2011, 09:55 AM
Yes I am, sounds good Phil. Maybe we can all meet up at columbus park on either saturday or sunday morning and possibly grab some lunch after as well.
I have a Tai Chi class in the park on Sat. mornings. Plus, I'll be teaching in the park until the building I was in is renovated. So Columbus Park is perfect.

nasmedicine
07-21-2011, 12:17 PM
Hope we get a chance to meet again while your up here.

kung fu fighter
07-21-2011, 04:42 PM
Hope we get a chance to meet again while your up here.

Hey Bro,

Me too, Nice to hear from you, I am only going to be in NYC for about 4 days. I am trying to arrange for everyone to meet up in Columbus park on Saturday July 30 and Sunday July 31 and mabe go for lunch after. Please let me know if you can make it.

nasmedicine
07-21-2011, 06:08 PM
Hey Bro,

Me too, Nice to hear from you, I am only going to be in NYC for about 4 days. I am trying to arrange for everyone to meet up in Columbus park on Saturday July 30 and Sunday July 31 and mabe go for lunch after. Please let me know if you can make it.

Yeah, I know. I just started this forum business. It's a tough crowd out there! lol Now I know why certain people don't post on hear as much (to many trolls [which is code or ignorant people] You going to come down to Sifu's? (or rather do you think you'll have a chance to?) Regardless we will all probably come down and make a day of it.

Btw, can you PM me some info on good Wing Chun Schools in the Toronto area (schools that practice internal styles of wing chun). Someone on the forum was asking me if I knew of any in that area.

See you when you get here.

nasmedicine
07-26-2011, 02:12 PM

Phil Redmond
07-27-2011, 11:15 AM
I'll be having a class Sat from 3-5pm in the park.

k gledhill
08-01-2011, 10:12 AM
Good to finally meet and explain...love the Columbus park ambience.

nasmedicine
08-01-2011, 11:49 AM
Great day at Columbus Park, NYC. Allot of people showed up (especially Wing Chun). Some of the styles that we trained/played with that day included: Southern Mantis, Southern Crane, Many Types of Tai Chi, Shaolin Fist, Wu Mei, Dragon, YKSWC, Weng Chun, Fut Sao WC, and Fut Hong Kuen WC...just to name a few.

From Left >> Right: stonecrusher69 (Sifu Mc Ilwrath), kung fu fighter (Navin), Myself, Sifu Joseph Ng (FHWCK), Shaolin Fist/Tai Chi practitioner, Master Chen Luk San (Dragon/Bak Mei), Luciano (FHWCK), Dereck (Weng Chun), Southern Crane Practitioner, Wu Tai Chi Practitioner, James Jon (Wu Mei), Mrs. Jon (Wu Mei)
spelling of certain names maybe incorrect

kung fu fighter
08-01-2011, 01:09 PM
Great day at Columbus Park, NYC. Allot of people showed up (especially Wing Chun). Some of the styles that we trained/played with that day included: Southern Mantis, Southern Crane, Many Types of Tai Chi, Shaolin Fist, Wu Mei, Dragon, YKSWC, Weng Chun, Fut Sao WC, and Fut Hong Kuen WC...just to name a few.

From Left >> Right: Stonecrusher69 (Sifu Mc Ilwrath), kung fu fighter (Navin), Myself, Sifu Joseph Ng (FHKWC), Shaolin Fist/Tai Chi practitioner, Master Chen Luk San (Dragon/Bak Mei), Luciano (FKHWC), Dereck (Weng Chun), Southern Crane Practitioner, Wu Tai Chi Practitioner, James Jon (Wu Mei), Mrs. Jon (Wu Mei)
spelling of certain names maybe incorrect

Hey Bro!

Thanks for the great write up, in addition to the above I also met up with a good Friend of mine whom does Pin Sun wck. He drove in with some of his students to hang out for the day. A Big Thank you to him.

And I finally got to meet top Philip Bayer/ WSL practioner sifu Kevin Gledhill, Very Nice gentleman, Thanks for sharing your unique WSL wing chun approach and strategy with me.

A big thank you to all the masters and sifus for showing up, especially to sifu Joe Ng whom put everything together by contacting the best sifus NYC and NJ has to offer.

And last but definately not least, I would also like to thank my good friend for many years Sifu Michael Mc Ilwrath for coming out, after almost 30 years in wing chun, he is still very passionate about the art.

Phil Redmond
08-10-2011, 10:24 AM
I couldn't make it. I had a fighter in the Lei Tai in MD. Soem of our guys should have been there in the Pavilion.