PDA

View Full Version : 1 finger shooting zen???

sultanpro
10-31-2001, 05:12 PM
Does anyone have info on the 1 finger shooting zen?
I seen some information in Wong Kew Kit Shaolin book, but i would like to get some more details.

Thanks

Skard

Its not what goes in a man that defile's him, its what comes out.

Shaolin36
10-31-2001, 06:36 PM
SM, his book describes the application pretty well. It is an an internal excersise used to summoning chi. It also will inadvertanly strengthen your horse stance(being that you do it in a horse).

Shaolin36

sultanpro
10-31-2001, 10:08 PM
Shaolin36- Have you ever tried it?
And is there anyplace i can get more info?
It sounds very interesting but i would like to read more informantion then just from one source.

Thanks

Skard

Shaolin36
10-31-2001, 10:16 PM
I do it as an external exercise only. I havent begun any internal arts yet, only 2 yrs under my belt. Wong Kiew kit has a complete qigong book out, in fact it is listed on the back of the one you have. I would venture to say that it will be covered completely in that book. I beleive amazon has it. If you are just beginning internal arts I would be careful and start with begining exercises before going to more advanced.(Icant remeber if that one is adv. or beg.) Have you done the breathing exercises he has shown for a reasonable amount of time?

Shaolin36

Wongsifu
11-01-2001, 12:34 AM
skarbro mantis , forget looking into it man its enough to drive you crazy , you can achieve it if you practise it for 15 years , and pretty much not ejaculate during those 15 years or eat meat, then you will be able to hit the opponent from far away. Its not bull**** but..... its not easy either

what do bin laden and general custer have in common????
They're both wondering where the fu(k all of those tomahawks are coming from. - donated by mojo

IronFist
11-01-2001, 07:01 AM
I thought the word bull**** was censored here. No?

IronFist
11-01-2001, 07:01 AM
Awesome!

sultanpro
11-01-2001, 05:03 PM
Shaolin36- Yes i have been doing some breathing
exercises, and i'm going to check out the qigong
book for more info thanks.

Wongsifu- 15yrs without "busting a nut" seems
pretty hard :D

Paul Skrypichayko
11-01-2001, 09:09 PM
Find a good hung gar master. That's one of the reasons why hung gar people train bridge hands with the single finger extended.

Wongsifu
11-01-2001, 10:08 PM
skarbro i guess thats why they invented guns :D :D

what do bin laden and general custer have in common????
They're both wondering where the fu(k all of those tomahawks are coming from. - donated by mojo

Turiyan
11-01-2001, 11:13 PM
That single bridge hand is the single hand version of the Uttarabodhi mudra. It puts energy in the channels of the body.

Thats why its used so much in martial chi kung, because it strenghtens whatever you may be doing, providing your focusing on something.

In yoga, they have the equivalent of a hard chi kung exercise like the frog gung, they hold the warrior pose with this mudra over the head. This warrior pose looks like a bow stance with your arms up over your head.

This is an intersting exercise because it works all the muscles in the body, including the neck, depending on your head position. Where you focus your attention is the part of the body that will be worked most.

The indonesian methods train yoga like postures like this with breathing and they are able to do intersting stuff like break rocks and steel in a relativly short period of time.

They are also more supersitious and backwards but less secretive than the chinese.

I just saw a steven chow movie where a guy is eating hot dumplings and then he goes into the single bridge hand to train his iron mouth.

Hilarious.

Turiyan
"Killing in a sacrifice is not killing.... The violence to those that move and dont move that is sanctioned by the veda - that is known as non-violence" [Laws of Manu 5.39,44]

"His own duty is conquest, and he must not turn back on a challenge" [Laws of Manu 10.119

Turiyan gold, Brahmin caste, Ordos clan
"A Brahmin, coming into existence, is born as the highest on earth, the
lord of all created beings, for the protection of the treasury of the
(natural) law. Whatever exists in the world is (by right), the
property of the Brahmin; on account of the excellence of his origin
(primogeniture and eminence of birth) The Brahmin is, indeed, entitled
to it all" --C1V99-V100 The laws of manu