PDA

View Full Version : Sung

tiaji1983
07-03-2011, 12:53 AM
anyone have any advice of some training methods to help remain sung in stressful situations? I can remain sung most of the time, but when theres a sudden attack I still have a tendency to tense up. any advice? any training methods?

taai gihk yahn
07-03-2011, 05:27 AM
anyone have any advice of some training methods to help remain sung in stressful situations? I can remain sung most of the time, but when theres a sudden attack I still have a tendency to tense up. any advice? any training methods?

smoke a lot of dope all the time, you'll be fine

YiQuanOne
07-03-2011, 06:30 AM

You need to keep your center and know your exits. If you have good defense it is easier, like neutralizing skills, ying-yang structure.

YiQuanOne
07-03-2011, 06:39 AM

P.S.

There are a lot of losers on this forum that have very little knowledge and very little to no skill, just ignore them.

taai gihk yahn
07-03-2011, 08:03 AM
You need to keep your center and know your exits. If you have good defense it is easier, like neutralizing skills, ying-yang structure.

There are a lot of losers on this forum that have very little knowledge and very little to no skill, just ignore them.

great example of yin / yang in terms of posting right here!

Hendrik
07-03-2011, 11:23 AM
anyone have any advice of some training methods to help remain sung in stressful situations?

I can remain sung most of the time, but when theres a sudden attack I still have a tendency to tense up. any advice?

any training methods?

This is about transformation the body mind at every instant, instead of control with mind so. mind to control is too slow and it doesnt work.

The following is for anyone who is serious. it sure will do you good in your life. Try it for 3 weeks and see for yourself the result of it.

1, do silence prayer 20 mins every morning or night, do it in the bed when the body is sung. if you fall into sleep no problem. just make sure you recite the prayer with slight move of your mouth and tounge but no sound made, and listern with your ears with ease. that's all. say it and listen with your ears with ease without any intentional focusing, just aware.

2, when stress suddent stuck, repeatly quietly say " I love you" to the emotion, fear, thoughts, situation......etc. dont think and no expectation. just keep repeat " I love you" and your thoughts, emotion, ..... will shift. and keep repeat it until you are at peace. never use the mind to think or control or expect, that just created more screw up and stress because the mind which brought you to the stress is toxic. using the toxic mind to control or expect or think or reasons is trapping you in toxic even deeper. So, say " I love you" ( since whatever it is we create it, when you say I love you. it is like saying I love you to your kid, you just accept it and let it go and dissolve, it is holding on with the toxic mind trying to control and reason...etc holding the sensation, emotion...etc. saying I love you actually release it. )

do it for 21 days, and it becomes your life practice that to transform one's body. this is good and benifit all area of your life from physical to mental to spiritual.

So, the bottom line is the above is cultivate how to move out of toxic mind of us to release what we hold. what we focus become real. so we let go and it is gone. this is how to Sung the mind. or enter silence. you enter via let go the mind and emotion as above. but one needs to practice.

YouKnowWho
07-03-2011, 12:11 PM
help remain sung in stressful situations?

When a tiger passes by a deer, that deer will tense up. When a deer passed by a tiger, that tiger won't tense up. Why?

The more combat skill that you have, the more self-confidence that you have, and the more Sung that your body will be.

tiaji1983
07-03-2011, 03:14 PM
Thank you Hendrik for your sincere post, I will try it and let you know how it turns out.

As far as the fighting skill and knowing your exits, I have been practicing for a while and have been working on Sung and all that inner peace bs, which is surprisingly the hardest part of Taijiquan to master. being Sung is an exit and fighting strategy because you feel the opponent and can act properly. When you tense up you lose a fraction of a second, and if thier more sung than you or they are pushing in the direction of your tension, you lose. I have a tendency to be sung and when Im in trouble or taken by surprise, I tense for a fraction of a second. Assuming thier more skilled then me or I put myself in a bad position, I lose. If I can learn to remain sung, I wont lose that fraction of a second and will be able to counter. Its not a matter of skill, its a matter of technique, because the people I lose to, I can beat, but once I tense up I get hit.

Taai ghik yahn, my sifu wants me to practice drunk, high and with a full stomache. Most fights start at a party or when your at a club, or a social gathering, so its always smart to know how to fight in those circumstances. Im assuming your remark was in jest, but its still good advice. The problem though with learning to be sung, by being high, is its an artificial sung, and when Im high, I experience 3 things, 1 I focus on one thing, and other things evade me, 2 I get sleepy and my reactions slow down. 3 I stop caring about others and am likely to hurt someone I dont want to. Also I have 2 kids and need to maintain a job for the next year and a half. :)

YouKnowWho
07-03-2011, 03:34 PM
I have a 2 lb 10 oz Yorkie. She doesn't know she is small. Oneday I took her to walk on the beach, a horse passed by, she was so mad (she won't allow any animal to be near her) and started to chase that horse. Whenever she sees any big dog, she always stays on the ground, keeps her body very Sung, and suddently jumps and attacks.

When you are ready to attack, You always keep yourself very Sung. This way you can obtain the maximum speed that you need. If you think you are the predator and going to attack a prey, you willl be Sung.

It's amazing that my little dog has no fear when facing larger animels. Why can't our human being have such courage too?

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/3826/yaya005.jpg

taai gihk yahn
07-03-2011, 03:46 PM
The more combat skill that you have, the more self-confidence that you have, and the more Sung that your body will be.

YKW has hit the nail on the head - the only way to train to be cool under pressure is to train under pressure; you can't acquire "sung" under stress unless you practice it under stress - response is context-dependent, so the closer you can simulate it, the more prepared you will be, but still; "there ain't nothing like the real thing, baby"; anyone who tells you that "classical training" can make up for the lack of context is trying to sell you a bridge; in fact, from a "classical" perspective, ref. the story about the monk who is admonished in his thinking that meditation will bring about enlightenment as much as polishing a stone will make it a mirror;

tiaji1983
07-03-2011, 03:52 PM
We as human beings, are smarter, and that makes us stupid. :D basically the way our memory works; first we have some type of stimuli, then we quick scan the info for importance, then for short term memory, we code (stereotype) or rehearse. Then to go to long term memory we process, store, then recall. What this means, if when were younger, we have a bad experience, such as being hit in the face, we encode that bad experience, then when were about to get hit in the face, our memory recalls it, then the body reacts. In order to stop that reaction, we have to retrain our selves to react a certain way. ie, we see a punch coming, instead of getting tense, we remain sung and sidestep or neutralize. Or if the punch connects we roll with it. until our brain is comfortable that the previous information is wrong, it will not dump the old information for the new.

Hendrik
07-03-2011, 03:55 PM
Thank you Hendrik for your sincere post, I will try it and let you know how it turns out.

As far as the fighting skill and knowing your exits, I have been practicing for a while and have been working on Sung and all that inner peace bs, which is surprisingly the hardest part of Taijiquan to master. being Sung is an exit and fighting strategy because you feel the opponent and can act properly. When you tense up you lose a fraction of a second, and if thier more sung than you or they are pushing in the direction of your tension, you lose. I have a tendency to be sung and when Im in trouble or taken by surprise, I tense for a fraction of a second. Assuming thier more skilled then me or I put myself in a bad position, I lose. If I can learn to remain sung, I wont lose that fraction of a second and will be able to counter. Its not a matter of skill, its a matter of technique, because the people I lose to, I can beat, but once I tense up I get hit.

Taai ghik yahn, my sifu wants me to practice drunk, high and with a full stomache. Most fights start at a party or when your at a club, or a social gathering, so its always smart to know how to fight in those circumstances. Im assuming your remark was in jest, but its still good advice. The problem though with learning to be sung, by being high, is its an artificial sung, and when Im high, I experience 3 things, 1 I focus on one thing, and other things evade me, 2 I get sleepy and my reactions slow down. 3 I stop caring about others and am likely to hurt someone I dont want to. Also I have 2 kids and need to maintain a job for the next year and a half. :)

you are welcome.

drunk is totally lost it.
high is not sung but lost of mindfulness.
Thinking is not sung but get one to tunnel vision.

good luck in your journey.

Hendrik
07-03-2011, 04:08 PM
We as human beings, are smarter, and that makes us stupid. :D basically the way our memory works; first we have some type of stimuli, then we quick scan the info for importance, then for short term memory, we code (stereotype) or rehearse. Then to go to long term memory we process, store, then recall.

What this means, if when were younger, we have a bad experience, such as being hit in the face, we encode that bad experience, then when were about to get hit in the face, our memory recalls it, then the body reacts.

In order to stop that reaction, we have to retrain our selves to react a certain way.

ie, we see a punch coming, instead of getting tense, we remain sung and sidestep or neutralize. Or if the punch connects we roll with it.

until our brain is comfortable that the previous information is wrong, it will not dump the old information for the new.

The way above doesnt work because it is still within the mind realm. one cannot drop the mind within mind realm.

the bottom line is one needs to be able to drop the mind when needed and get to the awareness realm behind the mind realm. that is called enter into the silence.

as in Wing Chun Kuen it called "using the silence to lead the action."

it is an alterstate beyond the thinking brain which is mindful in natural.

the only way to get there is to first be able to enter that state and then keep practice daily at moment to moment so one can enter, stay, and exit the alterstate at will.

when the mind is silence the body will be sung. and the Qi phenomenon will surface. to get there is lots of work 24/7/365. no short cut and cannot think it there. it just got to be done via practicing.

a very simple test could be done is can one drop one's anger emotion, anger thoughts.. in an instant? fear, anger, sad....etc all are just emotion. So, how good is one's kung fu is how fast one can drop these emotion...etc and enter into the silence mindfulness. in that realm the body will be sung. because body and mind is just a coin with two faces.

so, if the body is sung and the mind is tense with expectation, that is not real sung, not there yet.

with this type of kung fu, one uses it at every instant of one's living. and that is benificial. Fighting? that is a fantasy which almost never happen for most. So, why not develop the kung fu and use it for real daily living then fantasy?

tiaji1983
07-03-2011, 04:28 PM
:) If there was a "like" option on here, I would definately like that post Hendrik. I know about sung, and how its supposed to be, but couldnt figure out just how to get there. I think what your saying makes the most sense. Of course I will still train for fighting, but if its not in all aspects of our lives, are we really ready for a random incident?

Ty for your input, I will surely let you know how it turns out.

Hendrik
07-03-2011, 06:11 PM
:) If there was a "like" option on here, I would definately like that post Hendrik. I know about sung, and how its supposed to be, but couldnt figure out just how to get there.

I think what your saying makes the most sense.

Of course I will still train for fighting, but if its not in all aspects of our lives, are we really ready for a random incident?

Ty for your input, I will surely let you know how it turns out.

in my opinion,

figure out belongs to mind stuffs/realm and mind doesnt know the body and not capable to know the awareness realm which is beyond the mind realm. thus, it is hopeless to figure out how to be sung.

The chinese not use mind to get to sung but drop everything or practicing Kung to get there.

Thus, one really cant use the western sport mind set of fighting to train and attain high /advance level Internal stuffs. because high/advance level is " let go Let God Be" it is all about surrender and let the nature take its corse.

Let Go Let God is what the Daoist said " Dao mimic natural" or Wu Wei.

it is similar to the different between the Newtonian science philosophy way and the western mystic such as st. Teresa of avila ways. Daoist path is having the same direction with st. Teresa instead of Newtonian science.

what I have found out is if the mind and body could not be handle smoothly. the rest cant be done. and what we know with the mind is not what it is unless on can enter into the state.

also, dont expect. "just do it " is the way for internal training. if one expect something one has already force it. going that way, one block out what will be surface and get stuck.

at the mindfulness state, there is no fighting but you clean yourself and solution comes. thus, there is no fear because the is nothing to be expect and one can accept anything. there is no fighting or non fighting because everything is just a part of life.

Dao is not difficult the issue is one needs to drop one's mind/emotion every second as they comes up which most of us not willing to.

Good luck

tiaji1983
07-03-2011, 06:17 PM
Im willing and am starting practice now.

i am ussually a fast learner, but emptying the mind is the best way to utilize self defense. with a relaxed body and an empty mind, the applications come out naturally. Just that one little mental/psychological hump I been having an issue getting past. Im hope with the information you gave me, I will climb over that hump and advance. My goal is to be able to beat my sifu, (not in actual combat) before I leave Texas in about a year and a half. I dont expect anything in particular but to learn. :)

Hendrik
07-03-2011, 06:31 PM
Im willing and am starting practice now.

i am ussually a fast learner, but emptying the mind is the best way to utilize self defense. with a relaxed body and an empty mind, the applications come out naturally. Just that one little mental/psychological hump I been having an issue getting past.

Im hope with the information you gave me, I will climb over that hump and advance.

My goal is to be able to beat my sifu, (not in actual combat) before I leave Texas in about a year and a half. I dont expect anything in particular but to learn. :)

In my opinion,

you have already running off track.

Let go and Let God has no one to beat. nothing to win and nothing to lose. Thus, there is no fear but just do it.

Drop you mind which wanting to win or lost.

as in Wing Chun, one just do " comes accept goes return, let go and move on. using silence to lead action" notice there is no " you or me " here no one to beat, no one to win. just do it " comes accept goes return...... using silence to lead action"

The information I give is not worth much via intellect reading it, because the mind read it and the mind think it knows but still it doesnt know. it is like using a toxic mind to think and no matter what the outcome is still toxic.

So, unless you do the prayer and "I love you " practice every day without expectation, at some point your toxic mind is no longer the only mind in you. at that point you are already a different person, expanded beyond the one with the toxic mind only but raise to the awareness realm. it is lots of work, but you will see your family life, working life....including your martial art skill.. all improve.

The bottom line is not to beat anyone, that is false thought and false expectation. the reference is "how could I improve myself every hour"

tiaji1983
07-03-2011, 06:57 PM
;) gotcha, even though the thought of self improvement is still a poison, The Dao says you should let go of all goals accept for letting go of all goals. To me I always interpreted that as your goal in Martial Arts is to master the Martial Arts, so the small advances along the way mean nothing, its the goal you seek in the training thats important. I guess Im still looking at the little things. not the big Picture of what Im meant to do.

Hendrik
07-03-2011, 07:05 PM
;) gotcha, even though the thought of self improvement is still a poison, The Dao says you should let go of all goals accept for letting go of all goals.

To me I always interpreted that as your goal in Martial Arts is to master the Martial Arts, so the small advances along the way mean nothing,

its the goal you seek in the training thats important. I guess Im still looking at the little things. not the big Picture of what Im meant to do.

Yup. that mind of us could be toxic .
so, we need to by passed it for anything good to surface.

in the western sense, it is "surrender" the mind and get inspire. instead of playing the old tapes again and again or playing others tape. just turn it off and get inspire.

otherwise, it is always stuck in replaying the old memory and always resisting and run into fear.

if you expect or seek anything, right the way the toxic mind gotcha.

you can make an experiment now.

think something you really ****, and get you angry.
when the anger surface and you feel it, repeat " I love you" toward it. no expectation and no reasoning. if you keep do that for awhile and dont care how long it is, then you could feel your emotion or thought shifted at some point, you keep doing it and you will be inspire and that anger thought doesnt bother you anymore. but if you stop the repeat and thinking when the insperation is going to come, you are running back to the old tape at that instant.

That is how inspire comes and you can know it works by aware things has shifted after a while.

if you use your mind to reason to not get angry or to resist it or to express it, it just get you into deeper trap and anger.

when you get beyond your old tape, things shift and fresh insparation comes instantly.

if the mind cannot get into this insperation state, one cant do " come accept goes return..." because the mind always wants to go the old way which it is familiar with. and thus stuck. or fear starts because things turn out to be not as expected.

tiaji1983
07-03-2011, 07:16 PM
:) I will try

Hendrik
07-03-2011, 07:22 PM
:) I will try

why try?

there is only two ways, flow with the Dao or resisting it.