PDA

View Full Version : Qigong and mantis boxing

chaz71
07-06-2011, 08:09 AM
I am interested in people's approach to qi generation and qigong in mantis boxing.
How do you practice qi generation, is it used or with mantis boxing being an external art is it more physical and body mechanics power based in it's approach to applications and usage?
What training is best to develope qi?

EarthDragon
07-06-2011, 09:40 AM
I am interested in people's approach to qi generation and qigong in mantis boxing.
qi culitivation is a differnt path then its martial application.
when we speak of qi generation you must realize that the martial application is the basic element and will only get you so far.

How do you practice qi generation, is it used or with mantis boxing being an external art is it more physical and body mechanics power based in it's approach to applications and usage?
qi culitivation is a differnt path then its martial application.
when we speak of qi generation you must realize that the martial application is the basic element and will only get you so far.

once you undestand this and use qi cultivation for medicinal or scholar you will be able to reach higher levels as your inention is dirrectly differntly. this takes some years of understanding even to accept its meaning,

What training is best to develope qi? this is too broad of a question to answer.....too many variables.

what do you wish to benifit from the qi you cultivate? to break briks? to prtect your skin? punch harder? heal people? enlightenment? escape samsara?

mooyingmantis
07-06-2011, 01:36 PM
Qixing Tanglangquan has the Lohan Gong exercises for physical and qi development.

My qigong training began in the late 70s with Conrad Satala MS, a clinical therapist in Ft. Wayne, Indiana. Mr. Satala taught various forms of Yogic and Tantric meditation techniques, along with Therapeutic Touch.

chaz71
07-06-2011, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the input guys, it is appreciated.
In my original training we learnt two forms of qi gong training, one based on the Lohan Qi Gong as taught in the 7 Star lineage, one mainly breathing drills and one mainly muscle and tendon strengthening.

Earthdragon,
I'm not sure if my questions or intentions are being miss understood by you but you are coming across in a very un friendly almost hostile approach.
My interest is from both the martial side and also the health side for healing as I am also a degree student of Traditional Chinese Medicine, acupuncture, herbalism and tui na at medical college and I will be off to China for the clinical part of my education to work in various hospitals there.
Hence my interest in finding out what is best and effective for both learning and treating my patients.

If I have somehow offended I am sorry.

I was hoping that this forum had grown over the years but I am mistaken so again thankyou both and good bye

EarthDragon
07-06-2011, 06:49 PM
Earthdragon,

I'm not sure if my questions or intentions are being miss understood by you but you are coming across in a very un friendly almost hostile approach.

really? I apologize if thats the way I came across, you have me all wrong, and I will say its had to read inten in typed words., I come on here to help and share, not offend. your quesiotns just seem basic for what you sadi you have been trained in, so its seems if you are just trying to start a "what if" thread, sorry I seem so short in my answers, my sincerre apologies

Hence my interest in finding out what is best and effective for both learning and treating my patients.

the internet is not the correct medium. PS I am a practicing OMD and do not suggest asking opinions on treatment of patients on the internet kung fu magazine forum.

Northwind
07-07-2011, 10:26 AM
the internet is not the correct medium. PS I am a practicing OMD and do not suggest asking opinions on treatment of patients on the internet kung fu magazine forum.

Understatement of the century...

EarthDragon
07-07-2011, 01:15 PM
I cant understand some people............ sign me up for a treatment with chaz after he checks and confims his diagnosis by asking strangers on the internet? :o