PDA

View Full Version : For My American buddies

sanjuro_ronin
07-13-2011, 10:04 AM
http://www.isi.org/%28X%281%29S%28zhxhevmre4uk3eeths3gkfr4%29%29/quiz.aspx?q=FE5C3B47-9675-41E0-9CF3-072BB31E2692&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

I got 67% and I am not even American, LOL !!
And by the way:
Are you more knowledgeable than the average citizen? The average score for all 2,508 Americans taking the following test was 49%; college educators scored 55%.

Lucas
07-13-2011, 10:06 AM
what happen if i score 0%? do i get deported?

JamesC
07-13-2011, 10:07 AM
what happen if i score 0%? do i get deported?

I can make this happen.

I work for ICE ya know...

Lucas
07-13-2011, 10:07 AM
ice cube???

BJJ-Blue
07-13-2011, 10:13 AM
I got 87.88% correct.

I got 4 questions wrong.

Thanks for that cool link Sanjuro.

sanjuro_ronin
07-13-2011, 10:16 AM
I got 87.88% correct.

I got 4 questions wrong.

Thanks for that cool link Sanjuro.

I found it over here, you may find this site interesting:
http://voxday.blogspot.com/

JamesC
07-13-2011, 10:20 AM
I scored a 63.64%. Not gonna lie, though, I guessed on some of those.

David Jamieson
07-13-2011, 11:21 AM
As an average Canadian

Results

You answered 28 out of 33 correctly — 84.85 %

If you have any comments or questions about the quiz, please email americancivicliteracy@isi.org.

You can consult the following table to see how citizens and elected officials scored on each question.

Well, how about that? It would appear that sometimes i do know what my neighbours are up to! lol

I found a couple of the questions weird because they had very little to do with American civics, but oh well...lol :p

sanjuro_ronin
07-13-2011, 11:27 AM
As an average Canadian

Well, how about that? It would appear that sometimes i do know what my neighbours are up to! lol

I found a couple of the questions weird because they had very little to do with American civics, but oh well...lol :p

Good on ya !

I got the historical ones wrong, got the bill of right s mixed up and I didn't know that the electoral college is who elects the president.

I did find it odd that it states that only congress can declare war, I was pretty sure that the President can declare war without congress for 30 days, no?

Kevin73
07-13-2011, 11:48 AM
•You answered 26 out of 33 correctly — 78.79 %

Never took an economics class before, so on those I guessed.

Lucas
07-13-2011, 12:00 PM
can i pls get deported to venezuela

David Jamieson
07-13-2011, 12:05 PM
Good on ya !

I got the historical ones wrong, got the bill of right s mixed up and I didn't know that the electoral college is who elects the president.

I did find it odd that it states that only congress can declare war, I was pretty sure that the President can declare war without congress for 30 days, no?

I did ok with most of em.

I got 5 wrong.

One of them was a economic question about what outsourcing/importing does.
Test said increase productivity and I said it increases import tariffs.

I got another one wrong in regards to a 1858 discussion between Lincoln and someone else and what the topic was.

Dang! I shoulda kept the wrong answers because I know a couple of em were pretty obscure lol.

also, after two Bush terms who doesn't know the electoral college is the final say on american elecetions? lol :p

Reality_Check
07-13-2011, 01:02 PM
Cool quiz.

I scored 94% (2 incorrect answers).

Thanks for the link Sanjuro.

Syn7
07-14-2011, 04:18 PM
ice cube???

no, ICE are the ones who take the payements to look away from criminals and focus more on hardworking families instead... ICE protects more cayotes(sp?) than they actually bust...

right?

RIGHT!!!!

your beaurocracy is disgusting... here we have one acronym that covers almost all others... RCMP... not that they dont have a million and one problems and faults, but they get the same units of work for less dollars... way less middlemen and paper shufflers...

anybody remember CLUE??? those fukcers ruined my summer of 97...

Syn7
07-14-2011, 04:21 PM
Good on ya !

yes and no... it depends on the situation... the chief cant just arbitrarilly invade anyone for 30 days tho... but then millitary action isnt the same as war... in fact, before 9/11 the sates hadnt been to actual war since before korea... they were only engaged in police action and advisory and supportive positions :rolleyes:
like vietnam, it was never declared as a war...

not only does congress declare war, but the pay for it too... they have both hands around it...

JamesC
07-15-2011, 06:39 AM
no, ICE are the ones who take the payements to look away from criminals and focus more on hardworking families instead... ICE protects more cayotes(sp?) than they actually bust...

right?

RIGHT!!!!

your beaurocracy is disgusting... here we have one acronym that covers almost all others... RCMP... not that they dont have a million and one problems and faults, but they get the same units of work for less dollars... way less middlemen and paper shufflers...

anybody remember CLUE??? those fukcers ruined my summer of 97...

Lol, okay...

I work inside of a jail and catch criminals as they are arrested. The only people i've ever let go were kids who just turned 18 and had been in the U.S. since they were 3. Didn't even speak Spanish.

And, Lucas, it's in the works. You said Vietnam, right? Okay. Vietnam it is. :D

sanjuro_ronin
07-15-2011, 07:11 AM
yes and no... it depends on the situation... the chief cant just arbitrarilly invade anyone for 30 days tho... but then millitary action isnt the same as war... in fact, before 9/11 the sates hadnt been to actual war since before korea... they were only engaged in police action and advisory and supportive positions :rolleyes:
like vietnam, it was never declared as a war...

not only does congress declare war, but the pay for it too... they have both hands around it...

Ah, understood, thanks :)