PDA

View Full Version : Better to make Jow or buy it?

kwang
01-27-2001, 08:42 AM
What do you guys think? Is it better to make your own Dit Da Jow or buy it? Im new to Kung Fu and Ive read about using Jow for iron body stuff and Im kind of curious about Jow.... Does anyone have a formula that they would be willing to give me?
Thanks

Kwang

Kwang

BIU JI
01-27-2001, 11:56 AM
Be careful about the jow you are given , best to ask your sifu before you rush into making your own or go to a medicine store and tell them what you need it for . General purpose jows might not be strong enough for iron palm etc.
I heard of a guy who used a jow (not sure where he got it) but his finger nails started falling out, so take time to find the right source.
What system you doing?
Good luck!

kwang
01-27-2001, 08:31 PM
:op Thanks for the info. I havn't even started any style of Kung Fu, its incredibly hard to find a school near me or far away for that matter. I took Tae Kwon Do for a few years when I was younger and my brother used to teach me a little JKD but not very much, so Im really a newbie. But I heard about Jow and iron palm reading somewhere and I have a chinese friend who is really into chinese herbs and I thought Jow sounded cool, not just for iron palms =o). Anyways, I was going to ask if anyone thought that you could actually learn kung fu from books and videos because the only MAs in my whole town(its TINY) is Tae Kwon Do and recently a Kick Boxing class started in the local gym. ANYWAYS, thanks for the info.

Kwang

Kwang

BIU JI
01-28-2001, 01:24 AM
Yeh you can but you do miss out on things that you get from face to face learning.Alot of books and vidoes leave out alot of important info about a system, not all are like this but quite a few are (from what I've seen ).Are you in the states or Oz? Send me an email I can put you in touch with my sifu, he also teachs by corrspondence.The style is Yau Kung Mun and the vidoes are put together really well I'm not just being bias, theres alot of info in them.
torabisu46@hotmail.com