PDA

View Full Version : should you avoid doing iron palm in an air conditioned room?

phantom
01-28-2001, 06:56 PM
Now, I have read that exposing your hands to cold air after doing iron palm or any other conditoning will cause the jow to evaporate. So, should you avoid doing any kind of conditioning in an air conditioned room? Thank you for any information that you can give me on this topic.

fiercest tiger
01-29-2001, 05:46 AM
never do iron palm where air or wind can dry the hands. its bad and can cause what they call fung sup- dampness of the bones(artharitis) will set in and your history.

pain due to wind and dampness, causes arthritis, use fung sup jow, and always moving fingers to stop the stiffness in the joints. taiji balls and kung fu is good for arthritis.

hope this helps! :D

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

phantom
01-30-2001, 09:30 PM
I really appreciate it. But what if I do iron palm in the corner of the room that is furthest from the air conditioner? Would that be safe? Some people live in hot climates, like Florida, where it can be as much as 100 degrees, even at night. Extreme heat can destroy the jow's healing properties, also.

fiercest tiger
01-31-2001, 06:58 AM
you can do iron palm in a air conditioned room, but dont put your hands infront of the air conditioner to dry or cool hands off! thats all... :p

what style do you practise, im to lazy to look up you profile... :D

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

phantom
01-31-2001, 07:00 PM
I really appreciate it. I currently study Northern Shaolin Long fist. I breifly studied other arts, but I was forced to leave them due to situations beyond my control. One former sifu of mine no longer wanted to teach. I had to leave another school because I had to move to another state, due to financial reasons. Northern Shaolin Long fist is the only one that I know which I feel is worth mentioning, since others that I have done I do not think that I have studied long enough to truly "know" them. Thanks again. Peace