PDA

View Full Version : More "unexpected" news

BJJ-Blue
07-21-2011, 07:50 AM
"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The number of Americans filing new claims for unemployment benefits rose more than expected last week, pointing to a labor market that is struggling to regain momentum.

Initial claims for state unemployment benefits increased 10,000 to a seasonally adjusted 418,000, the Labor Department said on Thursday.

Economists polled by Reuters had forecast claims rising to 410,000 from a previously reported 405,000."

I pointed out recently that just about every time we get more bad economic news it's 'unexpected' by the so-called experts. I'm gonna keep posting when this happens and see how big a collection I can make. ;)

Source: (complete article)
http://news.yahoo.com/jobless-claims-rise-above-expectations-123417894.html

sanjuro_ronin
07-21-2011, 07:51 AM
You guys should really stop spending 10's of billions of dollars on pointless wars and spend it where it matters most, on getting your country back on track.

JamesC
07-21-2011, 08:41 AM
I agree. It's fookin' ridiculous.

bawang
07-21-2011, 08:48 AM
a real patriot doesnt question the direction of his countrys economical development.

JamesC
07-21-2011, 08:53 AM
I'm not a very good patriot :(

sanjuro_ronin
07-21-2011, 09:18 AM
a real patriot doesnt question the direction of his countrys economical development.

Since Patriotisim is about what a country and not a GOVERNMENT stands for, it is the right and duty of every patriot to question what is being done by the government.

David Jamieson
07-21-2011, 10:14 AM
I"m a terrible patriot. That much I know.
Mostly because patriotism doesn't exist in government either and when your country is run by a bunch of hacks who are politically motivated by everything and compassionately motivated by nothing, it's not hard to see that your country is not worth being patriotic about.

The USA would be fine if it didn't blow all it's money on killing people and occupying two piece of crap countries that there will be zero return on investment from without utterly taking them over and making them territories.

My country is in the same lurch. I have zero respect for my government and trickle down is that this country I am in now is not the country i grew up in. It's totally different here now and it has more to do with the manifest reality than it has to do with my perception.

It is simply getting worse and the people at the top are getting greedier and doing less and less every year to fulfill promises or do something.

I blame the 60's generation and their stupid hippy ways which have led to the rejection of that and the division of society. Really, I do. I hate hippies, they are useless and a blight on any society.

BJJ-Blue
07-21-2011, 10:18 AM
Since Patriotisim is about what a country and not a GOVERNMENT stands for, it is the right and duty of every patriot to question what is being done by the government.

Sounds like something our Founders would say.

bawang
07-21-2011, 10:55 AM

doubt is for the weak.

sanjuro_ronin
07-21-2011, 11:02 AM
doubt is for the weak.

And mercy, never forget mercy !

bawang
07-21-2011, 11:08 AM
Sounds like something our Founders would say.

my founding father is the immortal hongwu emperor. and he says all must stand with him, or be crushed under his heel.

David Jamieson
07-21-2011, 11:46 AM
wait, i thought your founding father was ghengis khan?

bawang
07-21-2011, 12:00 PM
he is my founding grandfather

David Jamieson
07-21-2011, 12:06 PM
I r confused?

i thought your founding grandfather was Chin Qi Huang Di?