PDA

View Full Version : Which sport has the worst officiating?

BJJ-Blue
07-22-2011, 09:40 AM
Football
Baseball
Hockey
Basketball
Boxing
MMA

Which one do you guys think has the worst officiating?

Kansuke
07-22-2011, 09:46 AM
I would say soccer just because I have no idea what they are doing running around out there exchanging greeting cards and enabling all the play-acting.

Although the officiating in MLB has been particularly awful so far this year.

JamesC
07-22-2011, 09:50 AM
I'm gonna say basketball.

I'm so tired of refs refusing to call players on traveling because it won't allow them to dunk every two minutes.

MasterKiller
07-22-2011, 11:44 AM
I'm so tired of refs refusing to call players on traveling because it won't allow them to dunk every two minutes.

QFT. Traveling is way out of control in the NBA.

David Jamieson
07-22-2011, 04:40 PM
nba-travelling rule overlooked always
epl(soccer)-divers overlooked, should be fixed next season

aussie1981
07-22-2011, 06:18 PM
Cricket! they had to bring in a third umpire and a referal system.

David Jamieson
07-23-2011, 06:10 AM
Cricket! they had to bring in a third umpire and a referal system.

I was going to say Cricket, but this forum is predominantly American and the follow up explanation of cricket would be tedious. :D

aussie1981
07-25-2011, 05:08 AM
Yeah good call, got to love the paki's though ey? steroids and match fixing:rolleyes:

BJJ-Blue
07-25-2011, 06:48 AM
I thought boxing would win, hands down. Boxing is known for horrible decisions and has been known for them for a long time. The Williams-Lara fight was the biggest robbery I've seen in years. The announcers were saying the fight should be stopped because Williams was taking a terrible beating, but yet he won by decision! It was so bad the State suspended the 3 judges, something I've never seen before in the sport.

While I no longer watch basketball because the rules are tailored for offense, at least the lack of travelling calls 'evens out'. And while the NFL is making it harder and harder to play defense (pass interference, the new hitting rules, and the QB protection rules), at least they also effect both teams equally.

HumbleWCGuy
07-25-2011, 01:57 PM
The nba had the ref scandal.

HumbleWCGuy
07-25-2011, 02:19 PM
Statistics show that NBA refs try to balance the game in terms of calls with a slight edge towards the home team. It's pathetic really.

Syn7
07-25-2011, 03:43 PM
yup... NBA and any soccer league...both sports are filled with whiners and divers...

boxing can be pretty bad too... but there are alot of great refs out there in all sports... its easy to tell the good from the bad, thats for sure... if it wasnt for unions and contracts, they would be turning over like every month in these jobs...

Syn7
07-25-2011, 03:44 PM
Statistics show that NBA refs try to balance the game in terms of calls with a slight edge towards the home team. It's pathetic really.

word... thats bullsh1t...

you see it alot more in the big games where the pressure is higher...