PDA

View Full Version : What's bone setting???

lowsweep
02-05-2001, 12:50 AM
(looking embaressed) What exactly is bone setting? Also I had an idea for an addition to KunFuOnline. I believe there is a section with terminology on this site but I find it lacks most of the words I look up. Like that word that begins with a W that conditions your knuckles to give you a flat hitting surface or many other words I have tried looking up. Thanks, low_sweep

boards (shake head)
don't hit back

GLW
02-05-2001, 04:50 AM
Pretty much what it implies. There is an area of Traditional Chinese Medicine that deals with the setting of broken bones in such a way that they heal quickly and correctly.

It involves not only the correct alignment of the bones so they mend correctly but also the use of massage and herbs (taken internally and applied externally) to speed up the healing process.

It is a very deep area of study pretty much overlooked in the west due to the preference for casts and such....

JWTAYLOR
02-06-2001, 08:38 PM
GLW, man I could use some of that. I break at least a bone a year. Anyone here in the Lone Star State with any expertise?
JWT

GLW
02-07-2001, 07:16 PM
Dr. Chengde Wu
Houston, Tx.

One of the founding professors of the Shanghai College of Traditional Chinese Medicine (2nd largest TCM school in China), Head of the Orthopedics and Traumatology Dept. there, Head of the Orthopedics Dept. at Long Hua Hospital in Shanghai (teaching hospital associated with the college), Editor in Chief for many of the textbooks published by the Shanghai college of TCM....

If you need more info, let me know....

JWTAYLOR
02-07-2001, 07:59 PM
Muchos Gracias
JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV